Bell adds Netflix app to Fibe and FibreOP TV receiversMonday, December 14th, 2015
Bell brings direct Netflix access to all Fibe and FibreOP TV subscribers
- Customer TV receivers automatically upgraded for easy access to Netflix video streaming
MONTRÉAL — Bell today announced that Bell Fibe TV and Bell Aliant FibreOP TV subscribers can now access their Netflix accounts directly from their existing TV receivers, the latest service innovation from Canada’s largest TV provider.
All Fibe TV receivers have been automatically upgraded to enable quick access to the popular video streaming service. Unlike other Netflix access options, there’s no need to buy new equipment or even switch your TV inputs – just press Apps on your Fibe or FibreOP remote.
“Bell is very excited to add the tremendous Netflix catalogue of on-demand and original content to Fibe and FibreOP TV – and like all our TV features, we’ve made it incredibly easy to use,” said Rizwan Jamal, President of Bell Residential Services. “Focused on leading innovation in Canadian TV with exclusives like Restart and the Fibe TV app and unparalleled programming from CraveTV and now Netflix, Bell is making Canada’s best TV service even better.”
The top television choices of Canadian consumers, the fast growth of Fibe and FibreOP TV has been driven by a focus on new product development that has delivered unique features such as:
- Restart, which lets you restart TV shows already in progress or up to 30 hours after they started; Resume, allowing you to change channels while replaying a show, change back to the original channel, and pick up where you left off; and Trending, which lists the 5 most-watched shows in Canada in both English and French at any given time and lets you switch to watch live or Restart from the beginning.
- The Fibe TV app, which brings Fibe experience to tablets and smartphones with access to over 300 live and on demand channels at home or on the go, and the ability to fully control your TV with your mobile devices including the Apple watch.
- Wireless TV receivers, which let you put your TVs where you want them without drilling holes or plugging in more cables – all you need is a power outlet.
In November, Bell became Canada’s largest provider of television services for the first time with more than 2.7 million TV customers across the country. Nielsen Consumer Insights reported in October that Bell Fibe and FibreOP TV were the top 2 TV services most recommended by customers in Canada*.
* Findings based on data collected by Nielsen through Bell Customer Interaction Metric research between September 10 and 30, 2015 for the Canadian residential market using custom online panel research.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution