DISH makes Hopper 3 available across the USAMonday, February 1st, 2016
DISH Releases Hopper 3 to Customers Nationwide
- Eliminates recording conflicts with 16 tuners
- Delivers enhanced 4K experience
- Ultimate whole-home experience with support for up to seven TVs
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — DISH Network L.L.C. today announced the availability of its award-winning Hopper 3 to customers nationwide. The third-generation of DISH’s whole-home DVR system, Hopper 3 features 16 tuners, delivers an enhanced 4K experience and supports up to seven TVs simultaneously. In the coming weeks, Hopper 3 will launch the Netflix app and integrate Netflix titles into its universal search results.
“Packed with industry firsts, Hopper 3 is the most advanced DVR in the world. It provides our customers with the innovative features they loved on our legacy Hopper DVRs, while additionally delivering the ultimate, conflict-free entertainment experience,” said Vivek Khemka, DISH Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer. “Since the introduction of our first-generation Hopper only four years ago, we have continued to invest in innovation. DISH has a history of being at the forefront of consumer entertainment technology, and I’m proud to say that Hopper 3 offers no exception.”
Hopper 3 delivers several industry-firsts designed to change the way consumers find, record, stream and watch content, including:
- 16 tuners – Hopper 3 contains 16 tuners, making it easy for viewers to watch shows in multiple rooms, view live programs remotely via DISH Anywhere and set multiple recordings, all at the same time and without the need to manage conflicts or cancel timers.
- 4K video – Hopper 3 decodes and outputs 4K video and comes equipped with a selection of 4K programming, including titles from Sony Pictures. 4K content from Netflix will also be coming to Hopper 3 in the near future.
- Support for seven TVs – Hopper 3 supports up to six Joeys simultaneously, powering a total of seven TVs at one time. The DVR is compatible with the standard Joey, Wireless Joey and 4K Joey. DISH is delivering enhanced connectivity options to drive the whole-home experience, including MoCA 2.0 and Gigabit Ethernet.
- Universal search with Netflix – Hopper 3 will soon feature the Netflix app and integrate Netflix titles into its universal search results. With this new functionality, customers who search for a TV series will see a list that incorporates episodes from Netflix, DVR recordings, on demand options and future airings, depending on availability of each.
- Sports Bar Mode – Another feature coming soon to Hopper 3 is 4K Sports Bar Mode, a multi-channel view that divides the TV screen into quadrants, each with the ability to display a different program in HD.
Also newly available to DISH customers is the 4K Joey client, compatible with all HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2-compliant televisions. The 4K Joey plays back 4K ultra HD content and easily integrates with Hopper 3 to provide a whole-home solution for customers with multiple 4K televisions in their home.
Qualified new and existing customers can receive one Hopper 3 at no upfront cost. The Hopper 3 system requires a whole-home DVR fee of $15 per month and $7 per month for each Joey, including the newly available 4K Joey.