Five NCTC members sign up for Evolution Digital eVUE-TVTuesday, September 27th, 2016
Evolution Digital Pens eVUE-TV Distribution Agreements with Five NCTC Member Operators
- Committed NCTC members include Advanced Cable Connection, Vast Broadband, Click! Cable TV, Schurz Communications and Westman Communications
- Evolution Digital’s eVUE-TV, available on NCTC’s VU-IT platform, is a fully-managed IP video solution for operators to begin the transition to IP video distribution
CENTENNIAL, Colo. — Evolution Digital today signed deals with five cable operators in The National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) to offer its eVUE-TV™ IP Video Solution on NCTC’s newly-launched VU-IT platform. Evolution Digital reached agreements with Advanced Cable Communications, Vast Broadband, Click! Cable TV, Schurz Communications and Westman Communications.
In July 2016, Evolution Digital signed an agreement with NCTC to distribute eVUE-TV as an option to members that operate under NCTC’s VU-IT! platform, a solution for back office integration, OTT apps and TiVo® user interface and functionalities. Advanced Cable Communications, Vast Broadband, Click! Cable TV, Schurz Communications and Westman Communications are the first operators to begin integration of eVUE-TV to deliver to IP Video on Demand content to its customers. eVUE-TV plans to add capabilities including the delivery of IP linear channels, network DVR and TV Everywhere functionalities.
“We are very excited to announce that these five leading cable providers are the first NCTC members to offer eVUE-TV, a fully managed service that provides operators the tools to cap QAM investment and grow their IP video services,” said Marc Cohen, executive vice president of sales. “eVUE-TV is one of a kind, as it cost-effectively will allow these operators to integrate a robust IP content offering into cable subscriptions including new release movies, transactional and subscription Video on Demand, as they begin the transition to complete IP distribution.”
“The VU-IT platform is addressing an important need for the operator to enable IP VOD, and this service serves as a platform to enable future IP video features,” said Rich Fickle, president and CEO at NCTC. “NCTC members are demonstrating their eagerness in adopting new technology solutions that help provide enhanced service to their customers cost effectively. Evolution Digital’s eVUE-TV is a great integration to our services, as it aggregates the most popular content available in the market on one, easy-to-use interface at the customer’s convenience.”
Evolution Digital’s eVUE-TV on the VU-IT! platform enables cable operators to innovate with TiVo’s world-renowned features and capabilities. The VU-IT! solution features TiVo Series 4 set-top boxes, Evolution Digital’s eBOX™ IP Hybrid Set-Top Box and other third-party hardware.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution