Taiwan's TBC launches digitized platform powered by NAGRA OpenTV 5Friday, November 11th, 2016
TBC in Taiwan launches newly digitized platform powered by NAGRA’s OpenTV 5
- NAGRA is key partner supporting TBC’s analog switch-off providing both an advanced set-top box operating system and the system integration services
- OpenTV 5 enables TBC to roll out hybrid platform combining broadcast and Internet TV services
- TBC has shipped close to one million OpenTV 5-enabled set-top boxes in support of the digitization process, marking the largest deployment of OpenTV 5 in Asia
CHESEAUX, Switzerland — NAGRA, a Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) company and the world’s leading independent provider of content protection and multiscreen television solutions, announced today that Taiwan Broadband Communications (TBC), one of the leading multi-system cable operators in Taiwan, has rolled out a newly digitized platform powered by OpenTV 5.
NAGRA has been a key partner in TBC’s ongoing digitization efforts providing the operator with both OpenTV 5 advanced set-top box software and system integration services required to support a rapid transition to an all-digital platform and the fulfillment of regulatory requirements. As part of this effort, TBC shipped close to one million set-top boxes powered by the OpenTV 5 operating system, marking the largest deployment of OpenTV 5 in Asia.
“We are very pleased with our partnership with NAGRA and their ability to adapt, integrate and launch the OpenTV 5 operating system on our platform,” said Jimmy Chen, TBC’s Chief Executive Officer. “We look forward to continued growth and maximizing customer satisfaction by delivering a new generation of high-quality services to our subscribers.”
“We congratulate TBC on their successful transition to an all-digital platform and for reaching a significant milestone in the delivery of advanced digital TV services in Taiwan,” said Jean-Luc Jezouin, SVP Sales, Asia Pacific for NAGRA. “We are delighted to be a key partner in this endeavour and demonstrate the highly adaptable and scalable capabilities of OpenTV 5. We look forward to supporting TBC as they continue to grow in a very dynamic market.”
TBC deployed OpenTV 5 with minimal configuration and customization enabling the operator to transition existing services onto a new hybrid TV platform blending both linear and Internet TV services.
OpenTV 5 is part of NAGRA’s MediaLive Suite, a powerful set of innovative digital television solutions that provides secure, engaging and intuitive user experiences via a powerful back-end that supports an all-screen connected home scenario. TBC selected NAGRA’s OpenTV 5 operating system in 2015.
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store