Montenegro adds 24,120 pay TV subscribers in 2016Wednesday, January 25th, 2017
PODGORICA — The Agency for Electronic Media (Agencije za elektronske medije) in Montenegro has released subscriber figures for the nine pay TV operators (two cable, three IPTV, two DVB-T2, and one each of MMDS and DTH) authorised to distribute radio and TV programmes to end users in the country.
As at December 31, 2016, the number of connections for the distribution of radio and TV programmes over the different conditional access-protected Cable/MMDS/DTH/IPTV platforms was 189,392, up 24,120 or 14.6% since end-2015, and up 2,799 or 1.50% versus the end of October. The total represents 97.23% (84.84% at end-2015) of households.
IPTV lost its leading position during the year reducing its share to 31.36% from 38.19% at the end of 2015. It was overtaken by DTH distribution at 34.57% percent (35.97% at end-2015) despite it also losing overall share. Cable grew from 15.64% to 29.12% of the market and MMDS went from 10.14% down to 3.17% over the year. Pay DTT took the remaining 1.78%.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution