Wurl TV added to Espial video platformThursday, April 6th, 2017
Wurl TV Channels Added to Espial Elevate Video Platform
- New Internet Channels Available in Program Guide
PALO ALTO, Calif. — Wurl TV, a next-generation linear television service, is now available to video service providers who use Espial’s Elevate platform. Their subscribers can now access Wurl’s internet-delivered TV channels on millions of Espial-powered set-tops, smartphones and tablets to view content from some of the world’s top digital studios including IGN, Newsy, Baeble Music TV, the ALT Channel and others.
Wurl-powered channels provide both linear and on-demand viewing. For linear viewing, Wurl channels are included in the Elevate channel guide – just like legacy cable channels. For on-demand programming, Wurl channels allow viewers to watch episodes of any show at any time.
“Our partnership with Wurl demonstrates Espial’s commitment to bringing the best in OTT video services to the Elevate operator community,” said Jaison Dolvane, Espial’s president and CEO. “We’re excited to be helping cable operators offer important new programming from top digital studios.”
“This partnership with an innovator like Espial enables us to bring Wurl TV’s programming and powerful viewing platform to millions of additional screens,” said Sean Doherty, Wurl’s CEO and founder. “Espial is leading the way in breaking down legacy TV barriers and making video open to a new generation of programming.”
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023