Ericsson launches TV content discovery ecosystemMonday, April 24th, 2017
Ericsson’s ecosystem brings together an extensive universe of high-quality, rich TV and movie data sources and applications that smartly connect the dots and bring data to life
- The open ecosystem will comprise a network of best-in-class partners; launch partners include ColorTV, IVA and XroadMedia
- Ericsson’s end-to-end ecosystem will be delivered through a single API in real time
Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) is launching its content discovery ecosystem at NAB Show 2017. Through its network of best-in-class partners, the ecosystem will bring together a unique range of TV and movie data sources as well as a suite of cutting-edge software services that help understand and act on the data.
Broadcasters, content owners and service providers will have access to an extensive universe of rich TV and movie data sets including images and poster art, clips and trailers, ratings, cast and crew information, series and episodic data and much more. It will also offer a package of applications including recommendations, universal search, deep linking, rights management and analytics to enable personalized viewing experiences, provide insight and intelligence to improve consumer loyalty, and drive targeted monetization opportunities – all delivered in real time and seamlessly through one API.
Ericsson’s semantic data hub sits at the heart of the ecosystem, which comprises best-in-class content discovery data and application partners. Partners’ data sources are pre-integrated within the ecosystem and linked across all platforms via unified IDs to enable universal search, thereby speeding up time to market and reducing development costs. The ecosystem is also pre-integrated with the Ericsson MediaFirst solution suite and can also integrate easily with existing systems and infrastructure.
Launch partners include:
- ColorTV – the universal search and deep linking specialist indexes all the major video services available on iOS, Android, and the internet.
- Internet Video Archive (IVA) – a content-as-a-service provider, offering a world-class video library, integrated with images, metadata, and top entertainment services. IVA provides more than 160,000 trailers, clips and bonus features from more than 1,000 rights holders, as well as language and country-specific content for movies, TV programs and games. IVA’s services offer video formats to reach any screen, global video delivery, editorial support and much more.
- XroadMedia – a leading provider of data enrichment, content discovery, recommendation and targeting services. Ericsson has integrated XroadMedia’s advanced personalization and data analytics services into the Ericsson Content Discovery ecosystem. The solution provides a full suite of content discovery methodologies to support personalized search and recommendations, as well as detailed audience and content asset insights and analytics, and advanced business logic to fully control outcomes, dynamically mix algorithms and further target results towards business requirements.
Additionally, enhanced caption data created and delivered by Ericsson’s Access Services business will be integrated within the ecosystem along with services including analytics and business intelligence.
Thorsten Sauer, Vice President and Head of Broadcast and Media Services at Ericsson, says: “Since unveiling our global content discovery portfolio at NAB 2016, we’ve been working hard to further develop our offering. The creation of our content discovery ecosystem will offer our clients everything they need to deliver viewing experiences that will have consumers coming back for more. Together with our network of expert partners – ColorTV, IVA and XroadMedia – we will offer a one-stop-shop to enable personalized navigation and discovery solutions across every platform and screen. We look forward to announcing more partnerships later this year.”
Ericsson’s team of 300 editorial specialists aggregate, create, normalize, maintain, and deliver rich metadata, maintaining more than 14,000 sources globally. Ericsson’s global content discovery portfolio spans more than 10 million movies and program titles, covering over 25 languages and includes an image database covering over 90 percent of all programming available across traditional TV, VOD and SVOD. Globally, more than 200 million people interact with Ericsson’s rich metadata each week.
Discover Ericsson at NAB Show 2017
Ericsson is an award-winning, global leader in TV and media products and services, with a proven track record in planning and delivering TV and media business transformation for over 25 years. Working with customers around the globe, our extensive TV and media portfolio covers media enrichment, processing, publishing and delivery. Every day, people on all continents watch television programs prepared, managed and broadcast by Ericsson staff based in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the US.
Join us at booth #SU720 or online during the event from April 22 to 27. See you there!