Iskon chooses ThinkAnalytics to boost viewer engagementThursday, October 5th, 2017
Iskon.tv IPTV customers will, for the first time, benefit from integrated search and recommendations across linear TV and VOD
- The ThinkAnalytics Recommendation Engine is seamlessly integrated with the new Iskon.tv UI, developed by Beenius
- Owned by Croatia Telecom (Hrvatski Telekom), a Deutsche Telecom subsidiary, Iskon Internet is the first provider in Croatia to go live with worldwide leaders ThinkAnalytics
LONDON and LOS ANGELES — ThinkAnalytics™, developer of the world’s most deployed multi-platform TV search and recommendations engine, today announced that Iskon Internet, which is owned by Deutsche Telekom subsidiary Croatia Telecom (Hrvatski Telekom), has selected ThinkAnalytics for its Iskon.tv IPTV service.
The latest version of Iskon.tv is now live and features a new set-top box UI from middleware vendor Beenius, which is fully integrated with the ThinkAnalytics Recommendations Engine.
The triple-play operator chose ThinkAnalytics because of its market-leading functionality and credentials – specifically its sophisticated personalization and metadata tools that are proven to increase viewer satisfaction and drive engagement.
ThinkAnalytics uses machine learning to analyze viewers’ interests and previous viewing behavior, meaning that subscribers find new live TV and VOD content they want to watch quickly and easily. Operators generally see a sizeable uplift in viewer engagement and satisfaction with results showing that ThinkAnalytics, provides 80 to 90% of viewing resulting from intelligent search and content recommendations.
“Our goal is to ensure that we always provide our customers with the best possible service – and we can see from the impressive uplift statistics experienced by other ThinkAnalytics customers that adding their technology will help viewers to find content they want to watch far more easily, and keep them engaged for longer on our platform. We anticipate that the vast majority of viewing will come from the Recommendations Engine going forward, giving our customers the best user experience in the market today,” said Krešimir Madunović, CEO, Iskon.
“Our search and recommendations engine offers customers like Iskon a fast return on investment and the ability to get to know their customers’ viewing tastes and preferences much better. The result is a more engaged and loyal subscriber base,” said Peter Docherty, Founder and Chief Technology Officer, ThinkAnalytics.
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview