Evolution Digital launches 4K Android TV STBWednesday, February 7th, 2018
Evolution Digital Launches eSTREAM 4K Device, Powered by Android TV
- Fully-managed all-IP streaming box combines linear cable channels, Video on Demand services with streaming apps available through the Google Play Store
- Delivers new entertainment experience with sleek remote control including voice search and command support
CENTENNIAL, Colo. — Evolution Digital today announces the availability of eSTREAM™ 4K, powered by Android TV™, an all-IP streaming box that delivers traditional cable services coupled with streaming apps from the Google Play Store. eSTREAM 4K also delivers the best video experience available with superior 4K Ultra-HD resolution.
Evolution Digital’s eSTREAM 4K is designed to allow cable operators to break free from legacy cable boxes and provide consumers with an upgraded viewing experience. eSTREAM 4K also provides simplified whole-home video distribution through its integrated 802.11b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi client with 4×4 antenna configuration. The all-IP streaming box enables viewing across connected devices for viewing outside of the living room.
Other eSTREAM 4K highlights include the following:
- Certified with the latest version of Android TV Operating Software (Oreo, 8.0)
- Sleek remote control with voice command for enhanced navigation
- Graphic-rich interactive viewing experience, enabling seamless search and discovery across content
- Illuminated standby indicator and Wi-Fi signal meter
- Operator-branded leased-box business model
- Bluetooth pairing capabilities (BLE 4.0)
“Evolution Digital continues to provide operators with the tools to capture new revenue growth by pushing the boundaries on technological innovation,” said Brent Smith, president and chief technology officer. “Our eSTREAM 4K solution is designed to be the last set-top box a consumer will need, as our box beats out the competition by aggregating content through one, stunning user interface. With eSTREAM 4K, operators can move beyond legacy cable technology and benefit from the innovation available through the Android TV platform.”
eSTREAM 4K is a bandwidth-saver by utilizing HEVC/H.265 and VP9. The streaming box is Energy Star-rated with standby mode technology, allowing customers to save on energy expenditure.
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV