SaskTel's maxTV Stream combines traditional TV with OTT contentWednesday, August 22nd, 2018
SaskTel brings the next-generation of TV and entertainment to Saskatchewan with the launch of maxTV
Today SaskTel announced the launch of maxTV Stream, the next-generation in television and entertainment. This new service combines the best of traditional television with advanced new features and the latest over-the-top (OTT) content from Netflix and YouTube.
“The launch of maxTV Stream is yet another example of SaskTel’s drive to be an innovator and industry leader,” said Don Morgan, Minister Responsible for SaskTel. “It’s this ambition that has helped SaskTel become the leading communications and entertainment provider in Saskatchewan.”
Loaded with over 110 channels to choose from and thousands of hours of Video-on-Demand (VOD) content, maxTV Stream raises the bar for television and entertainment with its innovative features, such as:
- Restart TV – Restart live TV up to 72 hours in the past so you’ll never miss your show again.
- maxTV App – Watch live TV and VOD programming on your smartphone or tablet, anywhere in Canada.
- Built-in applications – Easily access Netflix, YouTube, CraveTV, and more right from your media box.
- State-of-the-art equipment – Control your TV like never before with Bluetooth and voice command technology.
“With its cutting-edge technology and impressive set of features, maxTV Stream will completely transform television and entertainment in Saskatchewan,” said Doug Burnett, Acting President and CEO of SaskTel. “Plus, by leveraging our expansive broadband network, we’ll be able to deliver maxTV Stream to hundreds of communities, making it more widely available than any other wireline television service in Saskatchewan.”
Launching today in 11 rural communities and the infiNET served neighbourhoods of Saskatchewan’s major urban centres, SaskTel plans to expand maxTV Stream to more than 350 communities by 2020. See the table below for the full list of maxTV Stream served communities.
maxTV Stream comes pre-loaded with 55 channels, VOD, and all the features listed above, starting at $19.95/month when bundled with SaskTel Internet service.
maxTV Stream served communities as of August 22, 2018
Battleford* Grenfell North Battleford* Rosthern* Wolseley Broadview Indian Head Prince Albert* Saskatoon* Yorkton* Buena Vista Kinookimaw Qu'Appelle Swift Current* Davidson Lumsden Regina* Weyburn* Estevan* Moose Jaw* Regina Beach Whitewood
* maxTV Stream available in infiNET served neighbourhoods
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics