AsiaSat agrees 4K soccer distribution deal with MEDIAPRO for AsiaSat 9Tuesday, October 2nd, 2018
AsiaSat wins MEDIAPRO 4K top tier soccer distribution deal using AsiaSat 9
HONG KONG — Asia Satellite Telecommunications Company Limited (AsiaSat), Asia’s leading satellite operator announced an agreement with MEDIAPRO, a top producer and distributor of audiovisual content, to deliver live 4K top tier soccer matches on AsiaSat 9, AsiaSat’s most powerful satellite serving the Asia-Pacific.
After a successful year of partnership with MEDIAPRO, AsiaSat 9 was selected for broadcasting matches from top football division in 4K format. This new agreement with MEDIAPRO on AsiaSat 9 via 122°E reinforces AsiaSat as the right partner to help MEDIAPRO’s clients reach their target audience within the Asia-Pacific region.
Ina Lui, Senior Vice President of Commercial, Business Development & Strategy of AsiaSat, said, “AsiaSat is an early champion of 4K technology via satellite. We are delighted to support our partners to broadcast on our new satellite AsiaSat 9 which is the next location for all live feeds and premium content in addition to our hotbirds AsiaSat 5 at 100.5°E and AsiaSat 7 at 105.5°E.”
AsiaSat and MEDIAPRO’s partnership began in 2017, when MEDIAPRO, the official producer for LaLiga, chose AsiaSat 5 to distribute LaLiga’s live feeds in Asia in full HD.
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group