NAGRA to demonstrate technology portfolio at ConnecTechAsia 2019Tuesday, June 11th, 2019
NAGRA Highlights Smartly Digital Strategies For Pay-TV Service Providers And Content Owners At ConnecTechAsia 2019
- Technologies on display to include content value protection with anti-piracy services and watermarking, active content monetization, Android TV, data analytics, smart home security and IoT
CHESEAUX, Switzerland, and SINGAPORE — At ConnecTechAsia 2019, NAGRA, a Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) company and the world’s leading independent provider of content protection and multiscreen television solutions, will demonstrate its latest portfolio of technologies and solutions designed to help pay-TV operators and content owners in the APAC region grow and prosper in a new IP-based environment. The event will take place in Singapore, at the Marina Bay Sands Convention Center, booth 1J2-01, from June 18-20, 2019.
“As pay-TV and OTT become synonymous, operators in the APAC region must drive business transformation forward and adapt to current markets needs by addressing three key areas: technology, content and commercialisation,” said Stéphane Le Dreau, SVP Sales APAC at NAGRA. “From shifting consumer behaviour to the rapidly evolving threat of piracy, pay-TV operators across Asia have been forced into a radical top-down rethink of their business models. And with the rise of streaming platforms, pay-TV and OTT providers have an opportunity to reach new customers outside of the managed network or who don’t own the provider’s set-top box. At ConnecTechAsia, we will showcase an array of cloud native solutions to enable the right strategy for success.”
Key demonstrations and themes include:
- Content Value Protection: Cloud-based security with NAGRA cloud.SSP, a unified and flexible platform for managing all an operator’s content security requirements across all screens. NAGRA cloud.SSP supports TVkey Cloud, a new cloud-based direct-to-TV security solution for Smart TVs, also on display. NAGRA will also highlight anti-piracy services and forensic watermarking, showing how service providers can proactively fight and disrupt the growing scale and sophistication of ever-evolving piracy threats.
- Active Content Monetization: Service providers can effectively drive consumer loyalty by enabling efficient on-boarding of OTT content with an elegant data-driven approach to content discovery with the OpenTV Suite. For operators seeking a ready-to deploy end-to-end OTT solution, Conax GO Live provides live TV streaming to Android and iOS devices, with start-over and catch up TV capabilities, in less than 30 days. Running on AWS, Conax GO Live operates on the Conax Contego unified content security platform supporting major native DRMs. Recent deployments of Conax GO Live will be on display.
- Android TV: Leveraging a long-standing experience in Android-based OTT and hybrid TV, the NAGRA Android Fast Track program combines a highly secure and fully featured ecosystem of technologies, partners and services to successfully plan hybrid and OTT deployments and help operators execute on the Android TV journey.
- Smart Business Operations with Data Analytics and AI: NAGRA Insight, an AI-driven pay-TV data analytics platform enables service providers to make better business decisions to improve their bottom line, take control of the data they own and create personalized actions that drive monetization, along with subscriber value, content, quality of experience, as well as targeted advertising.
- Smart Home Security: NAGRA HomeScout, a cloud-based solution that monitors devices and IP traffic over the home network to ensure ongoing privacy, safety and smart parental controls, allows service providers to gain better insight into the home network and ensure that their subscribers get the best smart home and network access experience, leading to fewer service calls and lower churn.
- IoT Security: The Kudelski Group enables telcos to add end-to-end security to their sales portfolio with its IoT Security Platform creating new business models while improving operational efficiency. This allows telcos to ensure that every IoT device has a hardware or software root of trust that enables trust, integrity and control from the device to the cloud. The platform provisions and secures millions of devices with unique secrets to enable device security, data security (at rest and in motion) and access management, using simple APIs.
At the conference
Stéphane Le Dreau will be a featured panelist in the ConnecTechAsia 2019 Summit Combined Plenary session “The Media and Telco Arena: Consolidation, Competition or Collaboration” on Tuesday, June 18th at 11:35am. Along with fellow panelists, he will explore key topics affecting the media and telco space in the streaming ecosystem.