DIGI | RCS & RDS deploys NAGRA cardless CAM in Romania and HungaryWednesday, September 4th, 2019
DIGI | RCS & RDS deploys NAGRA cardless content protection in Romania and Hungary
- Largest pay-TV operator in Central and Eastern Europe deploys cardless conditional access module (CAM) to secure services in Romania and Hungary
- Launch marks first deployment of NAGRA cardless content protection in a CAM
CHESEAUX-SUR-LAUSANNE, Switzerland, and PHOENIX (AZ), USA — NAGRA, a Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) company and the world’s leading independent provider of content protection and multiscreen television solutions, today announced that cable and satellite operator DIGI | RCS & RDS, the largest pay-TV service provider in Central and Eastern Europe, has deployed NAGRA cardless content protection technology in a conditional access module (CAM) by SmarDTV in Romania and Hungary.
The launch marks the first cardless CAM deployment for NAGRA. The cardless technology is based on a new generation NAGRA CAS backend that accommodates the seamless co-existence of smartcard and cardless security clients to secure the operator’s services. DIGI | RCS & RDS first deployed card-based CAMs in 2013.
“By deploying new cardless CAMs, we’re able to provide a next generation solution to keep our pay-TV services secure and maintain low subscriber acquisition costs, while providing our subscribers with a convenient solution to access our pay-TV services,” said Valentin Popoviciu, Vice-President of DIGI | RCS & RDS Board of Directors. “We’re pleased to work with NAGRA on this latest deployment and leverage their content protection solutions in a cardless environment.”
“We’re excited to partner with DIGI on the first deployment of our cardless content protection technology in CAM modules,” said Thierry Legrand, Senior Vice President Sales EMEA at NAGRA. “Our cardless solutions provide an unprecedented level of security by leveraging NAGRA proprietary hardware secure block in the chipset of the CAM and help operators like DIGI | RCS & RDS to easily deliver next generation services seamlessly across card-based and cardless environments.”
The NAGRA cardless CAM, developed by SmarDTV, boasts an innovative plastic casing with customized branding for RCS & RDS, allowing differentiation at the retail point of sale. Integrated with NAGRA content protection and adhering to the DVB CI Plus standard, the cardless CAM enables pay-TV operators to deliver premium content directly to integrated TV sets (iDTV) through broadcast or broadband IP networks without the need for a set-top box while meeting security requirements from the Hollywood studios.
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles