Vevo partners with TVision to track video content engagementWednesday, January 29th, 2020
Vevo Partners With TVision to Track Engagement for its Streaming Video Content
- Partnership Gives Vevo More Insight Into How Vevo Users Engage with Content
NEW YORK — TVision, the leader in TV performance metrics, and Vevo, the world’s largest all-premium music video provider, today announced a partnership in which TVision’s data helps Vevo understand how viewers engage with their content.
Users watch more than 1.1 billion hours of Vevo music videos per month, and engage with 450,000 videos across YouTube, Roku, Apple TV and more. But these impressive numbers only tell part of the story for Vevo’s brand clients that seek the best advertising opportunities. To understand the true value of an ad it is necessary for brands to know if viewers are in the room and paying attention to streaming content. TVision’s data goes several levels deep to identify how long viewers stay engaged with the videos, viewer demographics, and how viewers watch videos – including co-viewing and bingeing.
“As music videos return to traditionally linear environments, helping clients better contextualize viewing experiences through measurement and insight is of paramount importance to Vevo’s mission,” says Bryon Schafer, SVP Research, Vevo. “The partnership with TVision provides unique insights into audience behavior and the data we have seen so far have been compelling.”
TVision measures Viewability and Attention for every second of content and advertising. TVision’s opt-in, privacy safe panel is demographically representative of the United States. The company’s technology detects when a person is in the room, who the viewer is, and where their eyes are focused. That data is captured second-by-second and reported anonymously to help brands, networks, platforms, and agencies understand how viewers engage with their content. For Vevo, TVision’s data shows that:
- Vevo’s videos keep viewers in the room. Vevo over-indexes for viewers staying in the room when compared to typical linear content.
- In addition to being more engaged, Vevo’s audience is younger than the average linear television audience.
- 67% of all Vevo viewing sessions are co-viewed, meaning more than one person is in the room.
- Vevo viewers are dedicated and frequently binge watch three or more videos in a single session.
“Advertisers are asking for deeper, more effective data from video platforms and content providers in order to create and optimize their media buys,” says Luke McGuinness, President of TVision. “I’m excited to partner with Vevo and help brands reach highly-engaged viewers like those engaging with Vevo’s streaming content.”
The Vevo and TVision Insights partnership brings the next level of granular audience engagement data to the music platform’s brand advertisers.
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement