UPC TV app now on Apple TV, Android TV and Amazon FireMonday, March 2nd, 2020
UPC TV goes Apple TV, Android TV and Amazon Fire
WALLISELLEN — UPC TV customers can now benefit from more freedom and flexibility – at no extra charge: as of today, all users can enjoy UPC TV content on additional devices such as Apple TV, Android TV or Amazon Fire TV.
UPC TV means being able to watch all content anytime and anywhere and seamlessly switch between various devices such as smartphone, TV or tablet – all with just one swipe. All it takes is the UPC TV App. It offers total freedom and flexibility: customers can switch between their different devices, for example stopping the content on the TV and continuing watching it on their mobile phone, TV or tablet, right where they left off.
By using the app, customers can now also integrate further end devices such as Apple TV, Android TV devices and Amazon Fire TV – at no extra charge –and enjoy UPC TV directly on one of these devices. The UPC TV App can also be shared from a mobile device to watch TV on a bigger screen with Chromecast and AirPlay.
The freedom of choice for TV customers
UPC TV customers have over 240 channels to choose from, including the MySports One channel, which offers exclusive live sport. Thanks to the latest addition, several people in a household can view the content on different devices, including devices from external providers such as Apple, Amazon or Android. In combination with the profile function, which allows each person in the household to save their personal preferences, UPC TV offers individualized content, regardless of the device.
Stefan Fuchs, Chief Commercial Officer of UPC, notes: “Evolving customer needs are at the centre of everything we do at UPC. We have therefore expanded our TV experience to offer our customers the freedom to watch TV not only anytime and everywhere, but also on all the devices they like to use. We are convinced that thanks to this seamless 360 degree integration, our customers will enjoy the advantages of our UPC TV App more often and even more intensely.”
High satisfaction with UPC TV
UPC TV has achieved ongoing customer satisfaction ever since its launch in October 2018. To date there are already more than 290,000 UPC TV boxes on the Swiss market, and they enjoy great popularity. The UPC TV App also achieves very high ratings, with 8 of 10 satisfied customers.
The UPC TV App functions are available for all UPC TV customers and the following external devices:
- Apple TV (4th and 5th generation, tvOS 11)
- Android TV Box (NVIDIA Shield, Xiaomi Mi Box or similar with Android OS 5.0 or higher)
- Android TV (Sony, Philips, Sharp or similar with Android OS 5.0 or higher)
- Amazon Fire Box or TV Stick (Fire OS 5)
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics