Cyta selects Verimatrix for its IPTV serviceMonday, July 27th, 2020
Verimatrix Extends Global Footprint to Cyprus with Cyta Deployment
- Cyprus Telecommunications Authority Integrates Next-Generation Security and Forensic Watermarking from Verimatrix for Optimal Hybrid IPTV/OTT Security
AIX-EN-PROVENCE, France and SAN DIEGO, USA — Verimatrix (Euronext Paris: VMX), the leader in powering the modern connected world with people-centered security, today announced that the Cyprus Telecommunications Authority (Cyta) has made the decision to secure its IPTV services with the next-generation capabilities offered by the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) framework.
The VCAS Ultra™ deployment is the first of its kind in Cyprus, integrating forensic watermarking capabilities to establish a complete, end-to-end security platform. Cyta, a semi-governmental organization incorporated by law and a key player in the local IPTV market, selected the comprehensive multi-network revenue security solution because it is flexible to deploy and offers smooth scalability for future goals and service growth.
Also included in the VCAS Ultra deployment is session-based, user-specific watermarking. By tracking and enforcing content rights, Verimatrix Watermarking can help Cyta identify piracy at its point of origin.
“Cyta has turned the island of Cyprus into a true telecommunications hub, and we are thrilled to offer our expertise in revenue security through the next stage of its journey,” said Asaf Ashkenazi, COO of Verimatrix. “VCAS Ultra presents an optimized IPTV/OTT security solution that will grow with Cyta as it continues to satisfy the ever-increasing need for innovative and flexible viewing options in the region.”
Links: Verimatrix; Cyta
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027