ORS signs deal with Simply.TV for advanced metadata and EPGWednesday, June 2nd, 2021
ORS signs multi-year deal with Simply.TV for advanced metadata and EPG
- Austrian ORS group with its B2C streaming service SimpliTV chooses premium metadata supplier Simply.TV to power its future TV platforms with improved content discovery
VIENNA, Austria — In a move to build the most user-friendly and engaging TV solution for Austria, ORS group has signed a multi-year deal with the Copenhagen-based metadata specialist Simply.TV.
ORS made its decision in favor of Simply.TV after a thorough multi-vendor assessment covering:
- The ability to deliver real-time metadata from 100+ linear TV channels
- Direct feed integration with Austrian and German broadcasters to obtain content rights metadata, SCTE-35 markers, and original broadcaster IDs
- The time-to-market for product roadmap execution and customization
- The coverage and quality of keywords and descriptors to fuel recommendations
Thomas Langsenlehner, CEO of simpli services, said: “Simply.TV differentiates itself from the rest of the market by offering the broadest and most advanced portfolio of quality metadata from its global technology platform while still having excellent localized data quality for the entire Austrian market. It is crucial for us to select vendors that see themselves as partners, so signing a multi-year deal with Simply.TV allows us to execute on our roadmaps and take the lead in the competitive Austrian TV”
The Austrian market has been undergoing significant market development in previous months in regard to content rights from the largest broadcasters. The ability to perform in this changed landscape required a vendor with a modern tech stack and the right integrations into and relationships with the broadcasters.
Daniel Rühmann, COO at Simply.TV, said: “Being selected by ORS makes us very proud. ORS’s requirements for metadata, images, sports data, recommendation drivers, and rights handling are extensive. By combining our technology and general leadership in metadata with our team of editorial specialists, ORS can deliver an accurate, localized, and personalized experience to their end-users.”
The selection process was supported by Austrian recommendation engine specialist XroadMedia.