HBO Max app now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.Tuesday, August 3rd, 2021
HBO Max App Launches On LG Smart TVs In U.S.
- Access to More Than 13,000 Hours of Entertainment from Award-Winning Movies, Shows and Max Originals
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J. — LG Electronics USA and WarnerMedia announced today that the HBO Max app is now available on LG Smart TVs(1) in the U.S., including its line-up of award-winning LG OLED TVs. The arrival of HBO Max on LG Smart TVs makes it easier than ever for subscribers to access the popular streaming platform’s full portfolio of premium content in one integrated experience and comes on the heels of the launch of HBO Max on LG Smart TVs across select territories in Latin America and the Caribbean in June.
LG Smart TV owners can now access HBO Max(2) on the TV’s webOS platform by opening the HBO Max app using their remote or when available, by saying “HBO Max” into their LG Magic Remote(3).
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer streaming offering, with more than 13,000 hours of curated premium content. The platform is home to best-in-class quality entertainment, featuring the greatest array of storytelling for all audiences with the iconic brands of HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and more. LG Smart TV owners will have access to HBO Max’s entire catalog of programming, including an array of new series and film debuts.
Experts worldwide have hailed LG OLED as the best TV technology ever, thanks to its unique ability to create its own light. Only OLED TVs feature over 8 million self-lit pixels that can be individually controlled, resulting in perfect black, over a billion rich colors and infinite contrast for a viewing experience like no other. Featuring Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos(4), LG OLED TVs elevate your home entertainment experience and brings the magic of movies into your home. The LG OLED C series is currently the top-selling premium TV series in the US(5). For more information on all of LG’s Smart TV offerings including LG OLED, LG QNED MiniLED and LG NanoCell TVs, visit LG.com.
The launch of HBO Max on LG Smart TVs comes just in time for the release of the highly anticipated Warner Bros. feature film The Suicide Squad, which debuts in theaters and on HBO Max on August 5, and will be available on the platform for 31 days at no additional cost to subscribers in 4K Ultra HD, HDR 10 and Dolby Vision4. Additional programming rolling out across HBO Max this summer includes the groundbreaking new comedy special, Tig Notaro: Drawn; returning series Back On The Record With Bob Costas; a new documentary series, Small Town News: KPVM Pahrump; and a new season of Hard Knocks: The Dallas Cowboys from HBO Sports and NFL Films. Fans can also catch up on the Emmy® Award-nominated, breakout Max Original series The Flight Attendant and Hacks ahead of their anticipated second season premieres. Additionally, this fall brings the same-day theatrical release of Dune and the anticipated third season of the critically acclaimed Emmy Award-winning series Succession.
1. HBO Max available on LG OLED TVs, LG QNED Mini LED TVs, and LG NanoCell TVs from model years 2018-2021 via webOS 4.0 and higher.
2. Separate subscription required.
3. LG Magic Remote available with select TV models. Visit LG.com for more information.
4. Dolby and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
5. Source: The NPD Group, Inc., U.S. Weekly Retail Tracking Service, LCD TVs, Jan. 3, 2021- June 5, 2021 combined. LG defines “premium” as products with an ASP of $1,000+ and display size 55 inches+.
Links: LG Electronics; WarnerMedia; HBO Max
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices