Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with FastcomTuesday, September 14th, 2021
Telefónica selects Fastcom’s MCAS solution to securely sign software for its Proteus set-top-boxes
- Telefónica has selected Fastcom MCAS solution for signing its Proteus set-top-boxes software
- MCAS allows for efficient and secure signing of the Proteus software
- With MCAS, Telefónica defines and implements its secure SW signing strategy, independently from any vendor
LAUSANNE, Switzerland — Fastcom Technology SA a leading company in security services for mission critical devices, announces the partnership with Telefónica for the use of the MCAS solution. The MCAS solution of Fastcom allows Telefónica to securely sign the software images to be installed on the Proteus set-top-boxes (STBs). As a 24/7 available managed service, the MCAS allows Telefónica to rapidly and professionally sign the software Proteus images, independently from any vendor.
The challenge: In order to be more efficient and reactive to the market requirements, Telefónica needs to autonomously secure the new software versions of the Proteus STBs. Therefore, a solution for securely signing the STB software images is required. This solution shall permit Telefónica to be independent from any vendor.
The solution: The MCAS is complete License Authority Services (LAS) offering a secure signing tool. Implemented as a managed service, the MCAS signing tool is available 24/7 online, while data are stored in Switzerland. Independent from any vendor, the MCAS service professionally centralizes all the signing activities of the different Telefónica teams around the world, from R&D phase to production phase.
“The MCAS signing tool allows Telefonica to efficiently carry out the signing of our Proteus software images, independently from any vendor. This results in more flexibility and a better customer-orientation.” – Dr. Fabrice Moscheni, CEO of Fastcom Technology SA.
Links: Fastcom; Telefónica
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group