Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platformTuesday, September 21st, 2021
Pure Telecom launches Pure TV, leveraging Netgem TV’s co-branded service designed for ISPs
- A first of its kind move in the Irish ISP market, Pure Telecom (powered by Netgem TV) extends their brand to include TV services, improving its reach, ARPU and customer tenure through aggressively positioned Fibre & TV bundles.
- Netgem will be showcasing this week at Connected Britain (21st – 22nd September) how UK ISPs’ and Altnets’ valuations can benefit from TV&WiFi bundling with a Customer Lifetime Value estimated to expand by £100 per customer.
LONDON — A new branded TV service is born in Ireland – for the first time in more than 4 years, since the launch of Vodafone TV.
Netgem TV, the award-winning TV-as-a-Service provider that brings together a rich and seamless mix of free and premium streaming and broadcast channels all in one place, will be powering Pure TV, a brand-new offering in the Irish streaming market, which will leverage Netgem’s smart solutions for ISPs. Netgem partners with ISPs to add a distinctly better and affordable TV service to their broadband packages, allowing them to effectively compete against established names in the market. Not only does it boost customer satisfaction and stickiness, it also opens up new revenue streams for ISPs and most importantly helps capture a bigger part of broadband switchers in the market, looking for better value bundles.
Established in 2002, Pure Telecom focuses on achieving high quality customer service at a reasonable price. Pure Telecom is the first Irish ISP to make use of the co-branded TV foundation created by Netgem and implemented successfully in the UK with Origin TV and Community Fibre TV in London.
The new TV service will include:
- A fluid combination of free to air content (saorview channels through aerial) and internet channels
- Thousands of hours of extra inclusive demand content such as All 4 and YouTube 4K as well as movie specialists Filmzie
- 80 extra channels free to air including 20 sports channels available at home and on-the-go
- Choice and freedom for users to rent the latest movies on Rakuten TV, watch box sets, or purchase more in 4K on Prime Video
- Unlimited mobile TV at no extra charge and HD at no extra charge
- A powerful universal Search across all live and On-demand TV content
All of the above will be brought together on Netgem’s award-winning HD and 4K TV boxes.
Sylvain Thevenot, Chief Commercial & Customer Officer, Netgem, said: “Irish consumers will be able to take full advantage of a wide array of entertainment by bringing together connectivity from Pure Telecom with a high-quality TV service we have powered for Irish ISPs. The service combines traditional live TV with easily accessible streaming TV shows and films across numerous on-demand platforms, keeping the whole family entertained on faster broadband and at an affordable price.”
Paul Connell, CEO, Pure Telecom said: “Our partnership with Netgem has proven to be very successful, so we are delighted to be launching Pure TV in collaboration with Netgem. Being able to utilise Netgem’s 4K set-top box will ensure that the Irish public have access to the most popular TV shows and films that Pure TV has to offer.”
Links: Netgem; Pure Telecom
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices