LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platformTuesday, October 12th, 2021
LiveRamp Launches Enhanced TV Platform With Support from Innovid, E.W. Scripps Company, Publica, Philo, Plex, Univision and Dish
- New Capabilities Enable Brands, Programmers, and Sell-Side CTV Platforms to Plan, Forecast, Activate, Quantify, and Collaborate across All TV Inventory Types
SAN FRANCISCO — LiveRamp (NYSE: RAMP), the leading data connectivity platform, today announced that it has added streaming inventory forecasting and data collaboration capabilities into its TV platform. With these additions, LiveRamp TV becomes the first and only end-to-end solution that enables media sellers and advertisers to collaborate, activate, and quantify media campaigns in a coordinated way across all TV inventory: linear, streaming, and digital video. Most importantly, the comprehensive TV platform is powered by RampID, LiveRamp’s world-class identity solution, ensuring every touchpoint is privacy-first, secure, sustainable and scalable.
The television industry is evolving quickly, propelled by the meteoric rise of streaming/connected TV (CTV) viewership, overall viewer fragmentation, and a call for more dynamic and accurate measurement solutions. LiveRamp is poised to help solve for each of these opportunities, delivering cloud-based, enterprise-grade SaaS that is neutral, interoperable, and secure, and rooted in identity. Now the entire ecosystem — programmers, platforms, data providers, brands and agencies — have a trusted, one-stop-shop to plan, target, quantify and analyze linear and streaming inventory side-by-side to achieve better business outcomes.
Jay Prasad, chief strategy officer, LiveRamp TV commented, “Our customers and partners continue to ask us how they can get more out of their first-party data. They want to know how they can successfully collaborate, plan, activate and measure a blended campaign across the entire streaming and linear TV ecosystem and tie those campaign results to tangible business impact. They tell us they want to forecast and measure their campaigns using identity at scale, across channels, and in a manner that allows them to account for household-level reach and frequency that is accurate and goes beyond age and gender demographics. We now have an answer for them: an all-inclusive TV platform that addresses business-critical needs that have not been met to date and reflects where we’re headed as an industry.”
LiveRamp’s best-in-class identity solution powers its TV platform, which boasts the following core capabilities:
- Collaborate1: Brands and media sellers are able to safely connect cross-screen data such as advertising impressions for advanced business applications, including closed-loop measurement and collaborative analytics. The platform enables data governance for all parties, and empowers many-to-many collaborations. By tapping into more data for new insights, partnerships like the Upfronts will be brought to the next level.
- Activate: Unlock and forecast custom cross-screen audiences, including CTV, as part of every media buy, whether purchased in the Upfronts or programmatically to achieve greater addressability.
- Quantify: Measure cross-screen business outcomes like product sales, application installs, and web visits. For both buyers and sellers, this means every advertising dollar spent is accountable and addressable.
Key players across the industry expressed support and excitement about the enhanced platform:
- “CTV is no longer an experimental channel, it’s a must have for marketers. But the tools and data needed to unlock the full power of CTV have thus far lagged adoption. Marketers have been looking for – a people-based, end-to-end solution, with identity at the core. Innovid is proud to collaborate with LiveRamp to bring independent ad serving into this stack. Now, media sellers and advertisers can collaborate with data in the cloud, and plan, forecast, activate, deliver and measure across all their TV inventory.” – Tal Chalozin, CTO & Co-Founder, Innovid
- “Advertisers today are looking for data solutions to ensure they are reaching their customers. LiveRamp has put audience data, insights and campaign creation tools for advanced TV activation all together in one place. In our industry’s rapidly changing environment, we believe LiveRamp and its TV activation solutions will be winners for buyers and sellers.” – Tom Sly, Vice President of Revenue for National Media for The E.W. Scripps Company
- “This unique integration between LiveRamp and Publica allows the industry to better control, activate and surface their CTV audiences and enrich deals to those on the buy-side. The demand for addressable audiences on connected televisions will continue to increase as LiveRampTV Activation is now live and crosses both linear and streaming inventory. This feature can be used to run real-time audience-based forecasting and make targeted PMPs available through any programmatic platform, a first in the market.” – Ben Antier, CEO & Co-founder, Publica
- “Philo delivers high-quality entertainment, lifestyle and knowledge programming across live streaming and VOD. Even though our content is similar to traditional MVPDs, there’s one big difference — we are a programmatic-first company and our ad inventory is 100% addressable. Partnering with LiveRamp TV has helped us unlock the full value of our CTV inventory through audience-based forecasting and activation.” – Aulden Kaye, Director of Advertising Partnerships, Philo
- “Plex offers advertisers true independent access to increased reach, and fully transparent data and analytics. LiveRamp will help us offer advertisers the ability to target specific segments of interest, ensuring increased market share and sales.” – Harold Morgenstern, CRO at Plex
- “Partnering with LiveRamp is Univision’s latest step forward in transforming the Company’s adtech capabilities and delivering sophisticated targeted solutions for marketers to reach the diverse Hispanic audience. The partnership will serve to help us aggregate audiences across our leading platforms and drive Cross-Platform Optimization for clients to effectively connect with our audiences with the right message across our content footprint.” – Brian Lin, SVP of Product Management, Univision
- “DISH Media is dedicated to the advancement of open, interoperable and technology-first solutions for the TV marketplace. LiveRamp TV’s secure and permission-based data collaboration solution allows us to provide brands unprecedented insights with uncompromising data privacy protections, as well as the ability to quantify results based on ad exposures across screens.” – Kevin Arrix, SVP DISH Media
1. Current cross-screen, cross-partner collaboration program is in private preview by invitation only