Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with VestelThursday, October 14th, 2021
Vewd Introduces World’s First SaaS-Based Operator TV With Vestel
- Turnkey Solution Positions Operators Of All Sizes To Win The Retail Smart TV Opportunity
OSLO, Norway — Vewd, the leading provider of OTT software solutions, together with Vestel, Europe’s largest TV manufacturer, today introduced the Vewd Operator TV, a fully-featured Smart TV with a built-in, content-enriched Pay TV experience. Now, Pay TV Operators can win the retail Smart TV landscape.
Rather than up-selling Pay TV services through a separate set-top box or competing alongside other apps inside hard-to-discover Smart TV app environments, operators can now own the entire Smart TV consumer experience – from home screen to app discoverability – from the moment a consumer purchases the TV.
Operator TV combines Vewd’s industry-leading Smart TV software with Vestel’s TV manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution expertise. Vestel produces TV’s for more than 100 of the world’s iconic brands, including JVC, Hitachi, Telefunken, and Toshiba. Operators not only benefit from having a leading manufacturer for their own or co-branded televisions, but also can rely upon Vestel’s robust logistics capabilities to ensure simplified procurement, warehousing, and delivery of their Operator TV.
“Vestel is pleased to add our expertise in building high-quality, full-featured Smart TVs to empower Vewd’s Operator TV solution,” said Barış Altınkaya, Vestel Vice President of Marketing and Product Management. “By working directly with Vewd and the Operator, we can leverage our vast manufacturing and retail distribution experience to contribute in reducing time-to-market, enabling substantial Operator CapEx savings while delivering an experience that delights subscribers, reduces churn and improves subscriber satisfaction.”
Vewd’s Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model aligns Operator TV with Pay TV subscription models and revenue, distributing costs, development time, and risk. Critical functionality comes standard in an Operator TV:
- Conditional Access available to ensure broadcast and IP content security
- Cloud-managed reference user experience (UX) or the Operator’s customized UI
- Content including premium OTT and video-on-demand, FAST channels, and full support for broadcast channels
“Operators have tried different strategies to embrace Smart TV, but together with Vestel, we’ve made the first solution that seamlessly connects Pay TV and Smart TV,” said Aneesh Rajaram, CEO of Vewd. “Consumers are streaming more and connecting fewer devices to the TV. As a result, Operators are forced to fight for visibility among Smart TV apps. Vewd Operator TV ensures Operators of any size can seize control from the start and win the home’s most important screen.”
Vewd’s Operator TV solution is enabled via Vewd’s white-labeled product suite which includes Vewd OS. Visit our website to learn more about the benefits of Operator TV.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution