Vodafone Deutschland expands GigaTV service with VelocixTuesday, December 7th, 2021
Vodafone Deutschland expands GigaTV service with Velocix
- Germany’s largest cable operator deploys Velocix’s open AV pipeline software
CAMBRIDGE, UK — Market-leading video streaming and ad tech supplier Velocix has announced it has supported the expansion of Vodafone Deutschland’s GigaTV service as part of a multi-year agreement for its open audio-video (AV) pipeline software, including its carrier-grade CDN, origin server, and video personalisation platform.
Vodafone Deutschland provides pay TV services to more than 13 million subscribers and operates Germany’s largest cable TV network. The telecommunications giant is using Velocix’s latest software to extend its cloud-based TV platform, GigaTV, across multiple acquired video networks in Germany to unify its services under a single brand.
Wolfgang Zeller, Head of Video Centre of Excellence at Vodafone Group said: “Velocix has been a trusted technology partner for us on critical projects like the roll-out of GigaTV in Germany. The company’s open AV pipeline technology delivers the best viewing experience for our customers, while supporting our evolution towards cloud-based content delivery architectures.”
Anthony Berkeley, CEO at Velocix, said: “We are delighted to expand our work with Vodafone and showcase the capabilities of our cloud-native, carrier-grade video technologies. Vodafone is a true innovator in the global entertainment space, and we are thrilled to support the company’s exciting vision for the future.”
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023