Amagi secures $95 million investment in unicorn roundWednesday, March 16th, 2022
Leading Media SaaS Company Amagi Achieves Over 100% YoY Growth, Secures $95 million investment in a Unicorn Round
- Buoyed by surging market demand for Amagi’s cloud solutions, Accel leads the financing round along with Norwest Venture Partners and Avataar Ventures
NEW YORK — Amagi, a global leader in cloud-based SaaS technology for broadcast and connected TV, today solidified its position as the most preferred media SaaS company with a new $95 million funding round followed by a 108% YoY growth in revenues. This financing round was led by Accel with participation from existing investors Norwest Venture Partners and Avataar Ventures.
This latest investment brings Amagi’s valuation to more than $1 billion, making it a unicorn and one of the highest-valued media tech companies worldwide. As video streaming booms, with a market opportunity of nearly $50 billion for cloud-led solutions, Amagi stands out as a leading technology provider with a complete suite of solutions. The company offers creation, distribution, and monetization of live, linear, and on-demand channels across cable, OTT, and CTV-led Free Ad-supported Streaming TV (FAST) platforms, worldwide.
“This is a crucial juncture for our business as we look to hit a hyper growth trajectory by creating a winning combination of goals, processes, team structures and more,” said Baskar Subramanian, CEO & Co-founder, Amagi. “Our investors have a known history of crafting the success stories of companies with the promise of potential. We look forward to leveraging their astute understanding of the B2B SaaS landscape to successfully navigate the market intricacies and position ourselves for sustained success in the coming years.”
This funding will enable the company to accelerate business expansion, both in terms of Amagi’s international footprint, as well as its product portfolio in the current media and entertainment (M&E) market. The company will increase sales and marketing by fivefold across the globe. Amagi will also explore allied and adjunct opportunities in the cloud and video market to deliver greater impact across the value chain, evaluating the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) opportunities that can contribute to revenue growth or add technology capabilities to product lines.
“As the most preferred media SaaS company in the world, Amagi is leading the booming M&E industry to greater heights of technological innovation and strategic growth,” said Shekhar Kirani, Partner, Accel. “Amagi’s impressive momentum is a direct result of its cutting-edge products, superior customer experience and talented leadership. We are thrilled to help fuel the company’s long-term success.”
Strong all-round performance powers Amagi to unicorn status
Driven by an impressive traction for Amagi’s cloud solutions, the company has demonstrated its market leadership in a large and rapidly growing CTV-led Free Ad-supported Streaming TV space. This has led to further investments from existing investors to power the next wave of growth.
Tremendous market demand for Amagi
As the streaming space sees unparalleled growth and skyrocketing consumer demand, the market has responded with an increased demand for Amagi and its products. Amagi’s traction in the market is illustrated by several impressive milestones, including:
- 108% YoY revenue growth, driven by demand for Amagi’s best-in-breed products and Free Ad-supported Streaming TV (FAST) partnerships.
- 59% surge in customers onboarded in 2021.
- Marquee customers across every segment — Large media conglomerates (NBCUniversal, Paramount, A+E Networks UK & more), Connected TV majors (Samsung TV Plus, Roku, VIZIO, LG Channels & more), Content owners (Tastemade, USA Today, AccuWeather & more) and leading OTT/FAST players (Fubo, STIRR, Redbox, Rakuten TV & more) have continued to place their trust in Amagi.
- 112% YoY growth in ad impressions generated using Amagi’s dynamic ad insertion platform, Amagi THUNDERSTORM.
“The streaming market is ripe for technologies and innovations that improve how content owners, video platforms and advertisers engage with customers—and capture customer loyalty,” said Dave Zilberman, General Partner, Norwest Venture Partners. “We believe Amagi is the leading media technology player, positioned to propel the market forward in the years to come,” said Niren Shah, Managing Director and Head of India, Norwest Venture Partners.
“The media industry has been swept up in a content storm with consumers demanding high-quality, personalized content at faster-than-ever turnaround speeds,” said Nishant Rao, Founding Partner, Avataar Ventures. “Amagi has enabled major media players to stay relevant in these times of change, while helping them to extract nearly 40% operational savings through cloud solutions. Avataar’s operating VC model will actively support the very talented Amagi team to navigate this hyper-growth journey as a global leader.”
Links: Amagi; Accel; Norwest Venture Partners; Avataar Ventures
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023