TiVo Stream 4K integrates YouTube TVTuesday, April 5th, 2022
TiVo Stream 4K First to Fully Integrate with YouTube TV in Move to Strengthen Premium Live TV Viewing Experience
- First Fully Integrated Streaming Experience Provides Access to 85+ Channels of Live Sports, Entertainment, News and Much More
SAN JOSE, Calif. — TiVo®, the company that brings entertainment together and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Xperi Holding Corporation (Nasdaq: XPER), today announced its preeminent streaming product – TiVo Stream 4K and TiVo Stream OS – expanded its premium Live TV offerings through an integration with YouTube TV – the first integration of its kind among streaming products.
TiVo Stream 4K is the only streaming device with a user friendly and customizable program guide designed to bring together multiple streaming services and favorite channels into the familiar functionality of a TV guide. By combining forces with YouTube TV – the premium live streaming service – TiVo enhances its consumer experience by providing TiVo Stream 4K users the ability to stream more than 85 channels of live sports, entertainment, and news. The service offers national broadcast affiliates, including ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, along with premier sports and news channels such as ESPN, NFL Network and PBS.
“As TiVo’s business has evolved from pioneering digital video recording to streaming products and services, our success has been grounded in understanding consumer preferences and delivering exactly what consumers want,” said Ben Maughan, general manager, Stream Platform. “The highly requested YouTube TV addition represents the largest content-related integration update since the launch of TiVo Stream 4K. Providing consumers with an integrated experience that includes premier live TV with a partner like YouTube TV is a significant step to becoming a leading streaming platform in the market.”
The YouTube TV integration makes controlling the viewing experience easier and more efficient, and will include several enhancements to elevate the TiVo Stream 4K user experience with live and upcoming content in the following areas:
- Guide: Users can quickly access TiVo Stream 4K’s guide using the remote control to find their favorite sports, entertainment, comedy, and news channels from YouTube TV.
- Browse Screens: Content that is on live TV or upcoming on YouTube TV is discoverable throughout the TiVo Stream 4K user experience making finding something to watch seamless and efficient.
- Search (Voice and Text): Users can utilize TiVo Stream 4K’s voice and text search to find live and upcoming content on YouTube TV for a seamless interaction between the two platforms.
Links: TiVo; YouTube TV
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027