Xperi announces second quarter 2021 resultsTuesday, August 3rd, 2021
SAN JOSE, Calif. — Xperi Holding Corporation (Nasdaq: XPER) (the “Company”, “Xperi” or “we”) today announced financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2021.
Consumer Experience business highlights:
- Expanded TiVo Stream 4K footprint through additional retail distribution at Best Buy, Target and QVC.
- YouTube TV and RCN distributed TiVo Stream 4Ks as part of their marketing efforts to select subscribers.
- Expanded content on our TiVo+ ad-supported video service offering, which now includes 160 free ad-supported television (FAST) channels and over 100,000 advertising video on demand (AVOD) assets.
Connected Car business highlights:
- Delivered HD Radio on 15 new 2021 car models in North America.
- Engaged with 20 OEMs for DTS AutoStage and 14 OEMs for DTS AutoSense for launches in 2022 through 2026.
- Launching DTS AutoSense in BMW vehicles later this summer.
Pay-TV business highlights:
- Signed a license agreement with Hotwire Communications, one of the nation’s leading fiber optics telecommunications providers, for the TiVo IPTV platform.
- Acquired MobiTV assets to broaden and further solidify TiVo’s position in the IPTV Pay-TV market.
- Entered into new and more favorable agreements with nearly all MobiTV customers. These customers will benefit from continued investment in the platform and Xperi’s commitment to supporting operators with a broad portfolio of IPTV solutions.