Friend MTS to provide anti-piracy services to UEFAThursday, April 7th, 2022
Friend MTS appointed by UEFA to Provide Global Anti-Piracy Services
- Content Protection Solutions to Cover 2,000+ Matches Through 2024
LONDON, UK — Friend MTS, a leading global provider of content protection services, has recently been appointed by Union of European Football Associations (UEFA), the governing body of European football, to provide anti-piracy services in respect of all major UEFA competitions (across both Club and National Team).
Friend MTS will provide UEFA with an array of class-leading services, including monitoring and enforcement, to combat piracy in all of its forms (other than in respect of social media platforms which are to be addressed separately) and preserve the value of its media rights worldwide. UEFA joins existing Friend MTS customers that include The FA Premier League, Lega Serie A, TNT Sports Chile and Argentina Football.
“It’s an exciting time for Friend MTS with UEFA joining our portfolio of high-profile sports customers who are experiencing firsthand the value of protecting their content,” said Jonathan Friend, Chief Product Officer at Friend MTS. “From our extensive experience, gained from over two decades in content security, we know that world football serves as a driver for large-scale piracy and it’s imperative for sports rightsholders to go beyond traditional content protection measures to disrupt piracy and safeguard the value of the rights and content that they work so hard to develop.”
Links: Friend MTS; UEFA
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices