Airtel Xstream achieves 2 million paid subscriber milestoneMonday, June 13th, 2022
Airtel Xstream achieves the 2 Million paid subscriber milestone and is now India’s fastest growing OTT aggregator app
NEW DELHI — Bharti Airtel (“Airtel”), India’s premier communications solutions provider today announced that its video streaming service – Airtel Xstream has achieved 2 million paid subscriber milestone and is now India’s fastest growing OTT aggregator platform.
Airtel Xstream offers India’s largest bouquet of OTT platforms to consumers across mobile and large screen formats. Mobile subscribers can select one OTT provider from the bouquet with a minimum recharge of Rs 148. The large screen format, launched earlier this year as Xstream Premium is also available at Rs 149 and enables access to over 10,500 movie titles and shows plus LIVE TV from Airtel’s OTT content partners such as Sony LIV, Eros Now, Lionsgate Play, Hoichoi, ManoramaMax, Shemaroo, Ultra, HungamaPlay, EPICon, Docubay, DivoTV etc.
- Users – 2 Million subscribers spread across India. Significant user interest through repeat recharges/ subscriptions seen in Maharashtra, Karnataka, and Andhra Pradesh.
- Customer stickiness – Average viewing time on Airtel Xstream is approx. 150 Minutes which is increasing consistently.
- Difficult to choose between series and Movies – 51% of time spent on platform was spent on series such as Gullak and Undekhi which registered heavy user interest in the North while movies came a close second with 49% split led by regional blockbusters such as James.
- Good content has audience everywhere – Usage statistics from Airtel Xstream corroborate the recent spike in viewer’s interest for regional cinema. Movies such as James (Kannada), Maandu (Tamil), and Adavallu Meeku Joharlu (Telugu) have been trending on the platform in the top 5 for the last month. The demand for these movies is seen throughout India.
- SonyLiv, Hungama, Eros Now and Lions Gate play are the most searched for content partners on the platform. Multiple content properties from Sony occupy position in the trending top 10 list.
Commenting on the milestone, Adarsh Nair, CEO – Airtel Digital, said: “Airtel Xstream is an idea whose time has come. It is a unique product that brings together the best content across India and the world under a single subscription in one app, at the most competitive price possible. Our accelerated growth is due to our ability to meet the needs of the Indian consumer for great regional content. We will be doubling down on our regional strategy with our existing partners and will continue to onboard new partners with stellar regional content catalogues.”
Airtel is looking to achieve 20 million paid subscriptions for Airtel Xstream and looking to bring onboard content partners such as Chaupal TV from Punjab and Kanccha Lannka from Odisha to its roster of OTT content partners. Addition of Chaupal TV and Kanchha Lanka will increase platforms appeal to the audiences in Punjab and Odisha and the diaspora based elsewhere in the country. Airtel has also brought on-board Social Swag, an influencer commerce platform backed by celebrities such as Akshay Kumar, Rana Daggubati and Mahesh Bhupathi.