Tubi partners with Shaw TV in CanadaWednesday, July 20th, 2022
Tubi Partners With Shaw TV In Canada
- Shaw TV subscribers in Western Canada can now use their voice remote to instantly access FOX Entertainment’s free streaming service on their set top box
- Tubi features a library of movies and TV shows, as well as top-rated FOX titles, Including THE MASKED SINGER and NAME THAT TUNE
SAN FRANCISCO — Tubi, FOX Entertainment’s free ad-supported streaming service, today announced it has partnered with Shaw Communications Inc., one of Western Canada’s leading connectivity companies, to make its service available to Shaw TV customers.
Today, Shaw TV customers now have instant access to live and on-demand content, which includes Tubi’s comprehensive library of award-winning movies and hit television shows, alongside Tubi Originals, including CORRECTIVE MEASURES, starring Bruce Willis and Michael Rooker; TITANIC 666, starring AnnaLynne McCord and Keesha Sharpe; and recently launched documentary SINS OF THE FATHER: THE GREEN RIVER KILLER. New titles available in July include “Gravity,” “American Sniper,” “The Notebook,” “Ocean’s Thirteen” and “The Town.”
“We’re excited to expand our footprint in Canada with one of Western Canada’s leading content and connectivity providers,” said Adam Lewinson, Chief Content Officer at Tubi. “Our collaboration with Shaw and its Shaw TV offering highlights Tubi’s continued dedication to bring free, premium content to a broad cross-section of consumers.”
“We know Canadians are looking to access as much of their favourite content as possible, and by adding the Tubi app to our growing library of content, we’re giving our customers even more ways to access the best and most acclaimed movies and TV shows, all at no extra charge to Shaw TV subscribers,” said Andrew Eddy, Vice President, Programming, Shaw Communications.
Additional newly added titles available on Tubi in Canada this month include “The Aviator” “Mystic River,” “Rush Hour, “Boogie Nights,” “Into the Wild,” “U.S. Marshals,” “10 Cloverfield Lane,” “Megamind,” “A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010),” “Vacation (2015),” “Flags of Our Fathers,” and “Wild Wild West.”
As a result of this partnership, Shaw TV customers are now able to find any title provided through Tubi using their voice-powered remote, making it easier for them to search and discover content. This integration interface means that every available movie or episode of a show can easily be found in one place, regardless of whether it’s available through Tubi, Shaw On Demand, airing live, or recorded on the PVR.
Shaw TV customers can also manage their recordings from their Shaw TV player or download their recordings and watch from anywhere through the Shaw TV App.
Links: Tubi; Shaw Communications
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement