Source Digital introduces metaverse experience for LG Smart TVsTuesday, December 27th, 2022
Source Digital Introduces World’s First Smart TV Metaverse Experience
- “Immersive” is the new “in-person” as the Sansar app brings hundreds of live entertainment events into the world’s first customizable 2D/3D metaverse through LG Smart TVs
LAS VEGAS — Source Digital, Inc. and Sansar, Inc. announce what is believed to be the first-ever metaverse experience on smart TVs.
The Sansar™ app activated by Source™ is available exclusively on TVs running webOS, giving millions of viewers access to the immersive action of today’s hottest sports and entertainment events from the comfort of home – or anywhere they may roam. The Sansar™ app empowers viewers to customize their viewing experience by accessing their favorite live events in a 2D or 3D environment synchronized in real time, where they can also purchase merchandise, engage with their communities, and so much more.
“We spent years developing and patenting Source’s revolutionary style of engaging and monetizing viewers on their terms across digital media,” says Source Digital CEO/Co-Founder Hank Frecon. “Now, we are honored to be part of creating this industry-first experience on over 120 million TVs worldwide, with many more events and experiences to come.”
The Sansar™ app is the world’s first practical, user-friendly application of metaverse capabilities on connected LG devices, delivering the immersive power of the Sansar metaverse to viewers anywhere, at any time and offering access to the “dual world” of 2D/3D events, customized to specific viewer interests.
Join in a live-action concert or sporting event stream on LG TVs; then, at any point during the event, switch to the 3D metaverse with the simple click of a button or tap of a finger. Engage with a synchronized, real-time experience, complete with intuitive options to buy merchandise, engage with other community members, experience the event through the eyes of fan-favorite players/performers, and so much more.
Download the Sansar™ app to experience the revolution or try it at CES® in Las Vegas from January 5-8, 2023 – “the most influential tech event in the world.”
Links: Source Digital; Sansar
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023