ITVX ups ITV’s streaming viewing by 55% in first monthFriday, January 13th, 2023
ITVX launch month delivers 55% increase in ITV’s streaming viewing and 65% increase in online users
ITVX, ITV’s new, free, ad-funded streaming service, has enjoyed a strong launch month delivering a 55% increase in ITV’s streaming hours in the first month after its launch (8 December 2022 – 7 January 2023) compared to the same period last year.
During the launch month ITV’s online users increased by 65% compared to the same period last year. The latter stages of the World Cup were big draws while ITVX’s new exclusive content also performed strongly, attracting new and light viewers to ITV.
Carolyn McCall, ITV CEO, said: “It is great to see so many new viewers coming into ITVX. The football World Cup has been an important part of that. Excluding the football, our underlying streaming viewing during the month was up 29% year on year and we continue to see strong year on year growth in January.
“Away from live streaming, viewers have welcomed our strong slate of commissioned launch titles exclusive to ITVX, with many viewers coming from harder to reach audiences.
“With over 15,000 hours of programming and films on ITVX, our new service is a destination for discovery and is engaging users as they discover the quality and depth of our content.
“ITVX has also landed really well with advertisers who see the increased value of the scale and reach of the audience they can now target in a high quality, brand safe and measurable streaming environment.”
1. Streaming hours measures the total amount of time in hours that registered users spent streaming ITV’s programme content across ITV’s owned and operated platforms. It excludes viewing on third party platforms. This figure includes both ad-funded and subscription streaming and represents around three quarters of ITV’s total streaming hours.
2. Users are defined as a registered user that has accessed the owned and operated streaming platforms within the dates ascribed.
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement