Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 updateThursday, February 2nd, 2023
Entertainment OS 1.1: Sky Glass and Sky Stream get more personalised features
- Introducing Personalised Playlist, ‘Play’ voice command and Cast & Crew rail
Sky is rolling out new features to Entertainment OS, the Sky Glass and Sky Stream operating system that keeps getting even smarter, as Entertainment OS 1.1 lands this week.
Entertainment OS 1.1 will bring you Personalised Playlists, a new ’Play’ voice command to help you play what you want to watch even quicker, more ways to find content from your favourite actors and directors, as well as enhanced Bluetooth features. The updates will be available to all customers this month. Here’s what’s coming:
Whether you’re a sports buff or a reality TV fan, with Playlist you can create a list of everything you want to watch from the TV guide, on demand and apps, to enjoy whenever you’re ready, simply by pressing the ‘+’ button on your remote.
And now with Personalised Playlist, you can create up to five unique playlists – so perhaps one for each member of your household, as well as a playlist for everyone to add things to enjoy together. For families, you can keep all the episodes of Paw Patrol to the kids’ lists, leaving yours free to fill with The Last of Us, Gangs of London or Below Deck… whatever floats your boat. Or if you have a housemate who loves sport documentaries or reality TV, they can save it in their Playlist instead of adding it the household’s shared list.
Jump back in, faster
Getting to what you want to watch has never been easier, as Sky adds the new ‘Play’ voice command. Simply say “Play Love Island” and pick up exactly where you left off in the South African villa, so you don’t have to go via a Show Page or search results.
‘Play’ works in lots of ways to get you to content quicker:
- Simply highlight a show or movie with your remote and say ‘Play’ to watch it right away when you’re in the Continue Watching rail, Now and Next rail or in the TV Guide or Show Page.
- Haven’t started the show or movie yet? Sky will play from the start of the movie, beginning of the series, or the latest episode of a soap
- For franchises and collections like Harry Potter, or shows with generic titles, you’ll be taken to the search results page to pick which one you want to watch
- If you’re part way through something, saying “Play The Last of Us” will continue the episode or movie from where you were up to
Starring a new Cast & Crew rail
Just watched a movie with an actor or director you like and want to see more of their work? With the new Cast and Crew rail on Show Pages, you can watch their back catalogue. Simply select someone from the rail, and see everything they’ve been a part of that is available on the platform.
Bluetooth gets even better
On Sky Glass, you can now listen via your Bluetooth headphones at the same time as Sky Glass’ speakers are playing. It means our customers who are heard of hearing can listen with their headphones, while watching with the rest of their household – as we make our platforms even more accessible
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement