Planetcast to showcase distribution technologies at NAB Show 2023Wednesday, April 12th, 2023
Planetcast Media Services to showcase leading-edge global distribution technologies at NAB Show 2023
- Spotlighting Cloud.X playout solution, including its Free Ad-supported Streaming TV (FAST) workflow capabilities
- Demonstrating Contido cloud-based content supply chain management solution, added to its suite of cloud-native services through its recent acquisition of Desynova
- Highlighting latest OTT solutions, offered internationally in partnership with Australia-based Switch Media
LONDON — Planetcast Media Services, a leading broadcast technology and media services provider in India and Southeast Asia, announces that its Planetcast International division is showcasing the global company’s full portfolio of cloud-first media services and technologies at NAB Show 2023 in Las Vegas, April 15-19 (West Hall W1467). The show will feature the Planetcast suite of products from Cloud Playout to Media Asset Management (MAM) to Free Ad-supported Streaming TV (FAST) to Over-the-top (OTT) streaming. At the show, Planetcast will showcase Contido, the cutting-edge cloud-native content life cycle platform, as part of its broader portfolio of cloud services – added when the company acquired Desynova, an international leader in global MAM for media and entertainment companies.
“We are excited to be back at NAB Show a year after launching Planetcast International to exhibit our enhanced suite of cloud-driven services and solutions, which empower media organisations the world over to meet the needs of a rapidly evolving marketplace,” said Sanjay Duda, the recently appointed Chief Executive Officer of Planetcast Media Services. “The Planetcast team are looking forward to showcasing our broad product portfolio at the show, including our versatile playout distribution technology – currently being used globally by rightsholders covering the Indian Premier League (IPL), which is among the most valuable sporting events in the world!”
Planetcast’s addition of Contido – already integrated with its existing cloud solution – enhances its MAM offering to deliver a leading-edge, cloud-based content supply chain management solution designed to handle video processing and publishing across multiple platforms. In addition, the company has developed one of the industry’s most comprehensive cloud playout systems, trusted and utilised by the world’s most demanding global media companies, including Disney, IPL, Star TV, Viacom, and Doordarshan, the premier public broadcaster in India. Other world-class clients include Amazon Prime Video, Discovery, and Sony.
“With rights and content costs showing no signs of flattening, the entire media and entertainment industry is looking at deploying technologies that are cost-effective and increase efficiency,” said Duda. “Our strong in-house software development team enables us to provide services that do exactly that. Better still, uniquely among media services providers, we are able to tailor our solutions to meet the exact needs of the broadcasters, streaming services and other content providers we work with. This customer-centric approach has enabled our solutions to touch over a billion lives.”
At NAB Show 2023, Planetcast will showcase how it enables broadcasters and other media and entertainment companies to employ cloud solutions more efficiently. Innovative services and solutions Planetcast is demonstrating at its booth at the event include:
- CLOUD.X, its full-featured cloud playout platform, which enables FAST workflows and rapid ad insertion in partnership with Wurl, a world leader in dynamic ad insertion for streaming TV;
- The new comprehensive combination of Contido and the company’s existing back-end MAM solution to power any media company’s content management needs;
- Its versatile suite of OTT solutions, which it is offering internationally in partnership with Australia-based Switch Media – whose customers include Foxtel (Australia), Antenna (Greece), Media Prima (Malaysia), and Freeview (New Zealand).
Switch Media CEO Mark Johns stated: “We are thrilled to be exhibiting at NAB Show 2023 and showcasing our MediaHQ platform. Our team has worked tirelessly to develop innovative solutions that cater to the evolving needs of today’s media companies. This event provides us with an excellent opportunity to connect with industry professionals and enthusiasts, and we cannot wait to demonstrate our world-class technology alongside Planetcast.”
Planetcast can show visitors to its stand how it supports media companies’ transition to the cloud through its broad range of cloud solutions and supporting services. Other solutions Planetcast’s team can discuss at NAB Show 2023 include:
- RECASTER – a dynamic and robust IP transport solution, which delivers a secure internet stream from anywhere to anywhere, be it a linear channel or a live sports stream;
- Managed Post Production Services – a software and cloud-curated ecosystem of post-production services with a high degree of process automation, plus AI-enabled capabilities to provide best of class services at impressive turnaround times and competitive rates;
- Playout Disaster Recovery – cloud-based DR solution that provides incredibly cost-effective protection against broadcast service disruption.
“Visitors to our NAB stand will see that Planetcast provides clients with high-quality, individualised services aimed at helping them through every step of their cloud journey while driving new revenue opportunities,” Duda says. “The combination of our cloud leadership, service culture, 100+ strong in-house software development team, strong financials and the backing of Apollo Global Management – a focused and visionary investor in the media sector – means we are extremely well placed to build our international market presence while providing the industry’s most flexible media service portfolio.”