MediaTek introduces next generation automotive platformMonday, April 17th, 2023
MediaTek Introduces Dimensity Auto, Empowering Smart Vehicle Technology Innovation
- New automotive platform drives the future of intelligent, always-connected vehicles through delivering impressive computing power and wide-ranging technologies
HSINCHU, Taiwan — MediaTek today introduced Dimensity Auto, its next generation automotive platform designed to provide automakers with a wide variety of cutting-edge technologies needed for the future of intelligent, always-connected vehicles. As part of this platform, MediaTek Dimensity Auto offers a comprehensive portfolio that includes Dimensity Auto Cockpit, Dimensity Auto Connect, Dimensity Auto Drive, and Dimensity Auto Components.
Building off of MediaTek’s world-leading premier mobile chipset brand, Dimensity Auto represents the company’s industry-leading expertise in performance, power efficiency and SoC integration. The automotive platform benefits from MediaTek’s extensive cross-platform, industry-leading technologies to provide automotive solutions featuring high-performance computing, impressive AI, extensive feature integration, innate energy efficiency, all while meeting automotive-grade reliability standards.
“With the Dimensity Auto platform solutions, we are extending MediaTek’s technological advantages in the automotive segment to the next level,” said Jerry Yu, Corporate Senior Vice President and General Manager of CCM Business Group. “Our goal is to leverage decades of expertise across several categories in technology to deliver the smart life on wheels, as we work together with the world’s top automotive brands to create a more intuitive, immersive, safe, and comfortable driving experience.”
Dimensity Auto Cockpit
The cockpit and infotainment systems are vital to the human machine interface experience in each vehicle. Because of this, Dimensity Auto Cockpit is designed to be the world’s fastest smart cockpit, bringing MediaTek’s flagship-grade experience in Smart Home and Entertainment to vehicles, and is built using leading chip manufacturing processes to maximize feature integration, performance, and power efficiency.
Dimensity Auto Cockpit features include:
- A complete portfolio of solutions with hardware and software scalability
- MediaTek’s high-performance AI multi-processors, equipped with both deep learning accelerator (MDLA) and vision processing unit (MVPU)
- High-performance 3nm advanced process, efficient power consumption and scalable AI processor
- MediaTek MiraVision smart display technology, supporting multiple displays and up to 8K 120Hz screens in HDR
- Support for multiple HDR cameras and dedicated DSP for microphone audio processing
- Full suite of entertainment streaming and decoding, taking advantage of MediaTek’s extensive expertise in computing and multimedia
- Fast boot time
Dimensity Auto Connect
With the rapid development of the Internet of Vehicles, MediaTek’s unique wireless communication technology portfolio that includes 5G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, navigation, and NTN (Non-Terrestrial Network) satellite communications gives it an industry advantage in the future of always-connected vehicles. Using a combination of high-speed telematics and top-performance Wi-Fi networking, Dimensity Auto Connect will help drivers stay consistently connected with the world around them.
Dimensity Auto Connect consists of the following connectivity features:
- Cutting-edge automotive communication technologies based on 3GPP open standards, including MediaTek 5G NTN technology, 5G RedCap for better performance than 4G, and more
- 5G Sub-6GHz with Carrier Aggregation technology for extended range and multi-gigabit data speeds
- Wi-Fi 7, equipped with MediaTek’s unique hardware offload technology to save CPU computing resources
- Supports high interoperability and coexistence of multiple wireless network standards, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and 5G
- Comprehensive GNSS coverage for more accurate positioning
Dimensity Auto Drive and Dimensity Auto Components
Utilizing the high-performance capabilities of MediaTek’s AI Processing Units (APU), Dimensity Auto Drive enables ADAS solutions and provides a scalable and comprehensive open platform to provide partners with intelligent assist and autonomous driving solutions.
Additionally, component diversity is essential for the automotive market. With continuous investment in the automotive market, MediaTek is introducing Dimensity Auto Components, which provides reliable automotive-grade chipsets and stand-alone components for new generations of connected, intelligent vehicles. This is accomplished through MediaTek’s leading-edge technology ideal for the automotive industry, including:
- Striving for better power management solutions while driving
- Support for advanced integrated display technology paves the way for flexible OLED screens and large-screen, multi-display options for new EV units
- Determining the positioning and navigation of your vehicle, even in underground parking structures, tunnels and other satellite dead zones
MediaTek’s Automotive Commitment
The era of intelligent, always-connected vehicles has arrived, and the demand for in-vehicle electronics continues to grow exponentially. MediaTek will become an increasingly important participant through its extensive technology leadership, and human-centric approach to product development. MediaTek is committed to investing in innovative automotive technologies, which will provide the global market with a portfolio of reliable high-performance computing, and innately intelligent solutions that focus on energy efficiency. MediaTek will continue to work closely with global partners and customers to expand its current automotive product portfolio with a commitment to openness to jointly promote the acceleration of intelligent systems, ecosystem and new user experiences that will revolutionize intelligent, always-connected vehicles.
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028