Arabsat and Sudanese Radio & TV to operate DTH platform from KhartoumTuesday, July 7th, 2009
RIYADH — The Arab Satellite Communications Organization (Arabsat) and the Sudanese Radio & TV corporation have signed an agreement to launch and operate a DTH platform in Khartoum. The Sudanese Radio & TV corporation will upgrade Om Durman Station-2 to be ready to host the platform in order for Arabsat to set up the platform and prepare it for operation by end of this year.
Eng. Khalid Balkheyour the Chief Executive Officer of Arabsat stated that “Setting up this platform in Sudan in cooperation with The Sudanese Radio & TV corporation aims at providing the required infrastructure for the Digital satellite Broadcasting. This platform will enable all the Sudanese channels that are currently being transmitted from outside Sudan, to be transmitted from Sudan within one Sudani bouquet. This will also yield a reduction in operational costs while benefiting from Arabsat full coverage of Sudan through Arabsat Badr – Satellites on its exclusive orbital position at 26° East”.
Eng. Khalid also added “This platform will be the first step towards a Sudanese Media City taking in consideration the fast planned actions under preparations by Sudanese government to liberalize the media sector”.
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store