Infosys to deliver TV apps for Orange Livebox PlayWednesday, April 23rd, 2014
Infosys DigitizeEdge Creates New Immersive Experience for Orange IPTV Viewers
BANGALORE and PARIS — Infosys today announced a strategic partnership with Orange to offer customers a new immersive experience on Orange’s IPTV offering. Infosys will deliver a broad portfolio of interactive TV apps on the Orange Livebox Play™.
The TV apps will be powered by Infosys DigitizeEdge, an integrated digital asset and experience platform for TV operators, media companies, advertisers, and content publishers. Infosys will leverage this cloud-based platform to onboard top content providers and brands across the globe. DigitizeEdge will enable Orange to deliver a wide range of lifestyle-centric, video-rich, and contextual over-the-top (OTT) services via TV apps, to enhance viewer experience and interaction with their TV. The platform will customize content for Orange’s viewers in France.
- Infosys DigitizeEdge allows enterprises to easily launch immersive app channels on multiple devices including connected TV, tablets, smartphones, PCs, and in-vehicle infotainment systems.
- The platform also helps to monetize OTT services and generate new revenue streams.
- The platform enables video and interactive features across TV and second screen apps, synchronized with TV viewing patterns.
- Infosys DigitizeEdge provides modular capabilities to support the entire digital value chain including multi-screen consumer experience, service delivery, and digital asset transformation.
- It offers targeted personalization and recommendations, analytics, and partner collaboration, with a self-service management console, to accelerate revenue generation initiatives.
- Infosys DigitizeEdge has partnerships with some of the world’s top digital media companies like Popular Science, Motor Trend, Space.com, Visible Body, Entrepreneur, and Wright’s Media, as well as advertising agencies and brands.
- These relationships create a unique value chain of content providers, advertising networks, consumer brands, and marketers that allow TV operators to create an innovative immersive experience for their viewers.
Rajesh K. Murthy, Global Head, Energy and Telecom, Infosys: “Integrating TV with Internet content services will allow Orange to deliver a fantastic experience to their customers. We are seeing traditional pay-TV providers as well as telecommunication and cable firms, continuously looking to provide Web-based services on existing TVs. Our solution aggregates multiple content players in the digital value chain to deliver a superior experience for viewers and generate new revenue opportunities for service providers.”