NABShow (The NAB Show) 2017: April 22-27: Las Vegas Convention Center
FreeCast to offer OTA TV via its ATSC 3.0 STB
Apr 25, 2017 – With the ATSC 3.0 standard, FreeCast plans to offer hundreds of TV networks, including pay channels, over-the-air. FreeCast's upcoming ONE set top box will play a key role, adding crucial elements of the current pay-TV experience to the broadcast lineup.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
SES, Fraunhofer HHI and Newtec show 360° VR over DVB-S2X at NABShow
Apr 25, 2017 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG), together with Fraunhofer HHI and Newtec, will demonstrate an immersive Virtual Reality (VR) experience via a live 360-degree Ultra HD VR satellite broadcast at NAB 2017 in Las Vegas.
News categories: SES S.A, Fraunhofer, Newtec, Thomas Wrede, Ralf Schäfer, Hans Massart, Content Distribution, DVB-S2, NABShow, Satellite, USA, VR
Eutelsat running antenna seeding programme across the Americas
Apr 25, 2017 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) is carrying out an antenna seeding programme to allow broadcasters across the Americas to enhance their reach and cable operators to enrich their offer via Eutelsat’s premium video neighbourhoods at 65°W and 113/117°W.
News categories: Eutelsat, Content Distribution, Latin America, NABShow, North America, Satellite
Paywizard integrates with Cisco's Infinite Video Platform
Apr 24, 2017 – Paywizard has announced that Cisco has welcomed the company as the latest vendor to integrate its solution into Cisco’s Infinite Video Platform, which enables broadcast-quality video on any device.
News categories: Paywizard, Cisco Systems, Bhavesh Vaghela, Adam Davies, Content Distribution, NABShow, Worldwide
ZoneTV and ActiveVideo show cloud delivery of Dynamic Channels
Apr 24, 2017 – ZoneTV and ActiveVideo have announced that ZoneTV’s made-for-digital video content can be delivered directly to the vast footprint of pay-TV set-top boxes, using the power of cloud virtualization.
News categories: ZoneTV, ActiveVideo, Jeff Weber, Jeff Miller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Cincinnati Bell takes multiscreen OTT security from Verimatrix
Apr 24, 2017 – Verimatrix has announced that Cincinnati Bell has broadened its deployment of the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) multi-network solution to support over-the-top (OTT) video delivery of its streaming app, Watch Fioptics.
News categories: Verimatrix, Cincinnati Bell, Steve Oetegenn, Cory Beimesche, Content Protection, Digital TV, Multiscreen, NABShow, OTT, USA
Net Insight releases first true live and synchronized 360° OTT streaming solution
Apr 24, 2017 – Net Insight has introduced Sye 360° - the world's first true live and synchronized 360° OTT streaming solution. With ultra-low latency, broadcasters can synchronize a live OTT feed with the linear broadcast.
News categories: Net Insight, Per Lindgren, Fredrik Tumegård, Content Distribution, NABShow, VR, Worldwide
ENENSYS announces exclusive negotiations to acquire TeamCast
Apr 24, 2017 – ENENSYS has announced that it is in exclusive negotiations to acquire TeamCast. The group will provide an extensive product and software range across Video Delivery Infrastructure, especially in ATSC3.0.
News categories: ENENSYS, TeamCast, Regis LE ROUX, Jean-Luc PAVY, ATSC, Content Distribution, MnA, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
Globecast and Harmonic show first UHD-HDR OTT Platform-as-a-Service at NABShow
Apr 24, 2017 – Globecast and Harmonic have partnered to demonstrate the first ultra-high-definition (UHD) high dynamic range (HDR) OTT managed platform as a service (PaaS) for delivery of linear content over the internet to connected TVs.
News categories: Globecast, Harmonic, VIVE Lifestyle Network, Eddie Ferraro, Thierry Fautier, John Jacaman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, USA, Worldwide
- Five large groups make up for two thirds of Latin American Pay-TV
- GTPL Hathway boosts channel count and OTT services with Harmonic
- Cadent enhances its addressable TV solution and core system
- Pirate pay TV in 7% of TV households in Latin America
- TELUS selects Mediamorph to streamline programmer fee calculations and processing
- U.S. TV's 2017-18 upfront ad sales up 5.9% Y-o-Y
- Tru Optik and Lotame partner on connected TV audience targeting
- VSTV improves QoE with Broadpeak CDN selector
- TVPlayer selects SpotX as video ad serving platform
- Joyne selects Eutelsat for new Dutch DTH service
- MENA OTT revenues to quadruple
- KTC integrates SERAPHIC browser in smart TVs for Europe
- US pay TV market lost 612,000 subscribers in Q1 2017
- Falcon Media House streaming integrated with Media Nucleus billing platform
- Sony 2017 4K HDR Android TVs now compatible with Amazon Echo
- Kantar Media adds programmatic ad data to its media intelligence
- AT&T to roll out next-generation video platform
- SRT Alliance adds 22 new members
- SVOD gaining perceptual parity with legacy Pay-TV
- Nearly 60% of U.S. broadband households subscribe to Netflix, Amazon, or Hulu