Semiconductor (ICs, silicon IP, microchips, …) News
Skardin and ALi grow NAGRA NOCS3-certified STB shipments in South America
Jul 6, 2018 – ALi Corporation and Skardin have announced that they reached record-high shipments of NAGRA NOCS–certified secure STBs to South American operators in 2018. The milestone symbolizes the joint effort and commitment to meeting today's Pay TV security standard as well as the strong dedication in this regional market.
News categories: ALi Corp, Willis Chang, Alessandro Bassi, Content Protection, Digital TV, Latin America, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
RealNetworks codec chosen for CIBN mobile TV App
Jun 27, 2018 – RealNetworks (NASDAQ: RNWK) has announced the commercial deployment of RealMedia HD on the China International Broadcasting Network (CIBN) Mobile TV App, available now for download from Android app stores in China.
News categories: RealNetworks, China International Broadcasting Network, Jiang Hense, Xie Shengluo, Apps, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor
Global semiconductor revenues at $115.8 billion in Q1 2018
Jun 26, 2018 – Global semiconductor industry revenue declined 3.4% in the first quarter of 2018 falling to $115.8 billion. Industry performance was negatively affected by the declining sales and first-quarter seasonality in the wireless communications market, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
ALi and iWedia announce joint hybrid DVB+OTT STB offering
Jun 26, 2018 – ALi Corporation and iWedia have announced that they have joined forces to provide a common offering for hybrid DVB+OTT STBs. The solution integrates iWedia's Teatro-3.0 software for Linux hybrid STBs with ALi's M3527 and M3727 chipsets.
News categories: iWedia, ALi Corp, Sunghoon Kim, Willis Chang, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Amlogic debuts 4K TV set-top box chipset at BroadcastAsia
Jun 25, 2018 – Amlogic has announced the launch of the Amlogic S905X chipset with support for Netflix, and a 1GB DDR memory configuration designed for use on 4K UHD Android TV set-top boxes.
News categories: Amlogic, James Xie, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
BrightBlue and Sagemcom create turnkey 4K IPTV solution
Jun 12, 2018 – At ANGA 2018, BrightBlue is presenting an IPTV platform designed to establish a new standard in the industry with the cooperation of Sagemcom. The solution is a high-end turnkey package including a 4K UHD Linux STB from Sagemcom.
News categories: BrightBlue, Sagemcom, Peter Kamphuis, Olivier Taravel, ANGACOM2018, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ARM announces Mali-V76 with 8K decode support
May 31, 2018 – As the world moves towards UHD 8K content, ARM is ensuring that its IP will support encoding and decoding for content on smartphones and other devices. The Mali-V76 supports 8K decode up to 60fps or four 4K streams at 60fps.
News categories: ARM, Digital TV, Multiscreen, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Qualcomm reveals first dedicated Extended Reality (XR) platform
May 30, 2018 – Qualcomm (NASDAQ:QCOM) has debuted its Snapdragon XR1 Platform, the world’s first dedicated Extended Reality (XR) platform. XR1 offers mainstream users high-quality XR experiences while enabling OEMs to develop mainstream devices.
News categories: Qualcomm, Alex Katouzian, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smartphone, VR, Worldwide
MaxLinear and Pixelworks selected by Nuvyyo for Tablo OTA DVR
May 24, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Nuvyyo has selected its MxL69x ATSC receiver for its Tablo DVR product that streams live HDTV and recorded OTA content to any internet-connected TV, streaming media player, gaming system, computer or mobile device.
News categories: MaxLinear, Pixelworks, Nuvyyo, Will Torgerson, Anthony Gioeli, Grant Hall, ATSC, Digital TV, Gateway, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, USA, Wireless
- Casbaa releases updated pay TV and OTT Regulatory Review for Asia
- Minerva launches turnkey cloud video service for cable and telco operators
- AlphaNetworks creates global A.I. powered media platform
- Oversupply of large TFT LCD panels to prompt restructuring of older fabs
- Aiming to be local everywhere, Amazon and Netflix ramp up content production
- Innovid adds VAST inventory support across major vendors
- SimpleReach launches all-in-one digital video measurement platform
- UK: TV streaming services overtake pay TV for first time
- Tremor Video DSP and Dstillery deliver joint audience targeting solution
- Smart TV share jumps to 70% of TV shipments in 2018
- TDS Telecom Selects TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
- Verizon Digital Media Services provides content delivery for Grupo Clarín
- 52.5 million pay TV subs for European former USSR countries in 1Q 2018
- Anevia joins Red Hat technology partner program
- Telia acquires TDC’s Norwegian business
- Pay TV subscribers in Latin America reached 71.4 million in Q1 2018
- Telkom Indonesia launches OONA mobile TV app with Brightcove
- Smartphone displays set to move rapidly to 18:9
- iflix subscriber numbers up 250% in 1H 2018
- Online video viewing to exceed an hour a day in 2018