Semiconductor (ICs, silicon IP, microchips, …) News
Novatek 8K TV SoC integrates deserializer from Silicon Creations
Aug 13, 2020 – Silicon Creations has announced that its Deserializer PMA (Physical Media Attachment) technology has been deployed as a V-by-One HS receiver in a SoC designed by Novatek for an 8K digital TV application.
News categories: Silicon Creations, Novatek, Andrew Cole, Daniel Ping, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Taiwan, Worldwide
NAGRA secures TBC Android TV STB 4K service in Taiwan
Jun 17, 2020 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Taiwan Broadband Communications (TBC) has selected NAGRA to secure its new Android TV 4K Ultra HD pay-TV service integrated with the Realtek system-on-chip (SoC) solution.
News categories: NAGRA, Taiwan Broadband Communications, Realtek, Stéphane Le Dreau, Jimmy Chen, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
Jun 2, 2020 – Skyworth Digital and Unifi, the consumer brand for Telekom Malaysia, have celebrated the launch of the Unifi Plus Box – Unifi’s first 4K Android-based set-top box, providing access to all of Unifi’s digital entertainment services.
News categories: Skyworth, Telekom Malaysia, Moharmustaqeem Mohammed, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Malaysia, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
May 22, 2020 – iQIYI (NASDAQ: IQ) has forged a partnership with MediaTek to support AV1 video coding technology on Android devices through MediaTek Dimensity 1000 5G SoC series, becoming the first company in China to deliver the AV1 stream.
News categories: iQIYI, MediaTek, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor
Global semiconductor sales down 3.6% in 1Q 2020
May 4, 2020 – The SIA has announced worldwide sales of semiconductors totaled $104.6 billion during the first quarter of 2020, down 3.6% compared to the previous quarter - in line with typical seasonal trends. Sales were up 6.9% compared to 1Q 2019.
News categories: Semiconductor Industry Association, John Neuffer, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Non-memory semiconductor revenue to decline 7.2% in 2020
May 4, 2020 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue declined 12.2% in 2019 to $418 billion. Instead of an anticipated bottom and gradual recovery in 2020, the emergence of COVID-19 will drive another contraction in the overall semiconductor market, according to IDC.
News categories: IDC, Mario Morales, Shane Rau, Michael Palma, COVID-19, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
EU consults on commitments offered by Broadcom in STB and modem markets
Apr 27, 2020 – The European Commission has invited comments from interested parties on commitments offered by Broadcom to address competition concerns in relation to Broadcom's conduct in various TV set-top box and modem chipset markets.
News categories: European Commission, Broadcom, Digital TV, EU, Regulation, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Oranth develops OTT TV STBs with HiSilicon
Apr 24, 2020 – Oranth has announced the availability of OTT TV box models based on SoCs from Hisense. The models support 1080P UI, [email protected] In order to fulfill the different needs of end users, three models are planned.
News categories: Oranth, HiSilicon, Peter Wang, China, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Worldwide semiconductor revenue declined 12% in 2019
Apr 15, 2020 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $419.1 billion in 2019, down 12% from 2018, according to Gartner. Intel regained the No. 1 position in the market as the downturn in the memory market negatively impacted many of the top vendors.
News categories: Gartner, Andrew Norwood, COVID-19, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet