Semiconductor (ICs, silicon IP, microchips, …) News
Amlogic completes integration of Widevine CAS on Android TV
Nov 9, 2018 – Amlogic has announced that it has integrated Widevine CAS on the Android TV platform. With Amlogic's 4K set-top box (STB) platform running Android 9 Pie, Amlogic's customers can design Android STBs integrated with Widevine CAS to secure premium content.
News categories: Amlogic, Widevine, James Xie, Brian Baker, Digital TV, DRM, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Montage LZ selects Rambus CryptoMedia Core to secure STB ICs
Nov 1, 2018 – Rambus (NASDAQ: RMBS) has announced that its CryptoMedia core has been selected for integration into Montage LZ set-top box chips. The security core provides smart-card level security inside the chipset, eliminating the need for a separate smart card.
News categories: Rambus, Montage LZ, Dr. Martin Scott, Derek Chang, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
XMOS helps Skyworth create a voice-enabled, always-on AI TV
Oct 29, 2018 – Skyworth has joined forces with XMOS to develop the AI voice chip and remove the requirement for a TV remote control. The AI TV voice chip, based on an XMOS voice processor, delivers sound-source identification from up to 5 meters.
News categories: XMOS, Skyworth, Yu Jianwei, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, UK
Allegro DVT introduces HDR and HFR system compliance streams
Oct 16, 2018 – Allegro DVT has announced the addition of High Dynamic Range (HDR) and High Frame Rate (HFR) functionalities to its DVB HEVC System test suite for UHDTV. The tool allows TV and CE manufacturers to test their devices for enhanced video capabilities.
News categories: Allegro DVT, ATSC, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Socionext develops HDMI 2.1 compatible video processing ICs
Oct 15, 2018 – Socionext has developed a family of the world's first HDMI 2.1 compatible video processing ICs, designed for transmission and reception of 8K video. Socionext will provide live demonstrations of the HV5 series at CEATEC Japan 2018.
News categories: Socionext, CEATEC, Connectivity, Digital TV, Japan, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Quantenna WiFi powers repeater and STB at Orange France
Oct 9, 2018 – Quantenna (NASDAQ: QTNA) has announced that Orange France has adopted Quantenna’s QV860 chipset, for its latest dual band, dual concurrent repeater 'Répéteur WiFi', and the QV940 chipset for its set-top box, 'Décodeur TV UHD'.
News categories: Quantenna, Orange, SoftAtHome, David Carroll, Laetitia Orsini Sharps, David Viret-Lange, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Wireless
MaxLinear satellite receiver powers Cyfrowy Polsat's Evobox HD
Sep 18, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced that Cyfrowy Polsat has selected its MxL541C for its Evobox HD STB, the latest product in its Evobox product line. The MxL541C is a four-channel satellite receiver and Evobox HD STB makes use of the device’s very low power consumption and its Unicable support.
News categories: MaxLinear, Cyfrowy Polsat, Will Torgerson, Dariusz Działkowski, Digital TV, Poland, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Irdeto, SMIT, MStar and TP Vision develop reference CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM
Sep 17, 2018 – A partnership of players in the CAM ecosystem, led by Irdeto, has announced a productized CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM which is ready for certification. The partnership includes MStar Semiconductor, SMIT Holdings and TP Vision.
News categories: Irdeto, MStar Semi, SMIT Holdings, TP Vision, Steeve Huin, Wayne Tsai, Bingyu Xiang, Elie Bonte, CAM, Digital TV, IBCShow, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
BBC R&D shows content substitution at IBC with Vewd and Mediatek
Sep 15, 2018 – Together with Vewd and MediaTek, BBC R&D is showcasing the latest HbbTV advancements in content substitution at IBC. Vewd worked to optimize Vewd Core, its HTML5 SDK for smart TVs, as well as the Vewd Core HbbTV module, to support some of the BBC’s most advanced use cases.
News categories: Vewd, MediaTek, BBC, Frode Hernes, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, IBCShow, Semiconductor, Smart TV, UK
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~975,000 subscribers in 3Q 2018
- Intertrust and moTV target Africa with joint streaming platform
- Verizon Digital Media and Unreel partner for D2C content delivery
- Comscore announces AMC Networks as Campaign Ratings beta partner
- SKY Perfect JSAT upgrades DTH headend with Harmonic
- DVB and HbbTV release DASH validation tool
- Global SVOD revenues climb to $35 billion
- Accounting changes depress telecom and pay TV growth in 2018
- Edgeware to deliver tailored ads for Com Hem's online TV channels
- Amlogic completes integration of Widevine CAS on Android TV
- Televisa to expand TV CDN with Edgeware solution
- VSTV deploys ATEME TITAN video compression for DTH services
- Sweden's household spend on TV subscriptions now exceeds 330 SEK per month
- CommScope to acquire ARRIS
- SK Broadband selects dataxu to bring addressable TV to Asia
- Massive Interactive to be acquired by Deltatre
- TiVo reports 3Q 2018 results
- enTouch selects Minerva YourTV Now to deliver advanced Pay TV services
- Parks Associates lists 2018 top 10 U.S. SVOD services
- PeerLogix and FourthWall Media unify linear and streaming TV audiences