Semiconductor (ICs, silicon IP, microchips, …) News
MaxLinear and Pixelworks selected by Nuvyyo for Tablo OTA DVR
May 24, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Nuvyyo has selected its MxL69x ATSC receiver for its Tablo DVR product that streams live HDTV and recorded OTA content to any internet-connected TV, streaming media player, gaming system, computer or mobile device.
News categories: MaxLinear, Pixelworks, Nuvyyo, Will Torgerson, Anthony Gioeli, Grant Hall, ATSC, Digital TV, Gateway, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, USA, Wireless
AirTV officially launches hybrid DTT/OTT gateway in the U.S.
May 23, 2018 – AirTV has officially launched. The AirTV solution, when connected to an OTA antenna and a home Wi-Fi network, wirelessly streams free local channels to internet-connected TVs and mobile devices, in and out of the home.
News categories: AirTV, Mitch Weinraub, ATSC, Digital TV, Gateway, OTT, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, USA, Wireless
HiSilicon and Vewd to develop pre-integrated OTT platform
May 9, 2018 – Vewd and HiSilicon have announced that it will develop turnkey OTT software solutions directly on HiSilicon’s chipsets. The collaboration gives device manufacturers a path to streaming, with no extra integration required.
News categories: Vewd, HiSilicon, Aneesh Rajaram, Kun Luo, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Cadence speeds development of new Realtek DTV SoC
May 3, 2018 – Cadence (NASDAQ: CDNS) has announced that Realtek has used the Cadence Innovus Implementation System for its 28nm Digital TV (DTV) System-on-Chip (SoC) production tapeout and achieved an area improvement and reduced power.
News categories: Realtek, Cadence, Yee-Wei Huang, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Samsung took over no. 1 slot in semiconductor revenue in 2017
Apr 23, 2018 – Driven by strong growth in the memory market, worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $420.4 billion in 2017, a 21.6 percent increase from 2016 revenue of $345.9 billion, according to final results from Gartner.
News categories: Gartner, George Brocklehurst, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Com Hem and Boxer launch Android TV-based Tv Hub
Apr 12, 2018 – Com Hem has launched its Android TV-based platform Tv Hub, for both Com Hem and Boxer customers. The Tv Hub combines linear TV with play services in HDR and 4K quality. The Tv Hub was designed with partners such as Google, Technicolor and 3SS.
News categories: Com Hem, Jessica Andersson, Maria Ferreras, Marec-Nicholas Gasiun, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Sweden, Terrestrial
MaxLinear and Geniatech target live TV on mobile devices
Apr 11, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced that Geniatech has selected its MxL692 ATSC receiver to bring live digital television to Android mobile devices. The MxL692 is the industry’s first single-channel integrated ATSC receiver IC.
News categories: MaxLinear, Geniatech, Will Torgerson, Mr. Fang, ATSC, Digital TV, Multiscreen, NABShow, Semiconductor, Tablet, USA
Pay TV operators worldwide continue to invest in advanced STBs
Apr 9, 2018 – According to Dataxis, Pay TV operators continue to invest in advanced STBs. Dataxis has analysed the details of more than 240 deals made by operators worldwide in the last three years.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ATSC 3.0 compliant receiver system to debut at NAB Show
Apr 6, 2018 – BitRouter and Coherent Logix have collaborated to create one of the first ATSC 3.0 receiver systems to support the entire protocol stack as defined by the new digital television compliancy standards.
News categories: Coherent Logix, BitRouter, Michael Doerr, Gopal Miglani, ATSC, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
- Telefónica to integrate Netflix into its TV and video platforms
- 60 million pay TV subscribers for Europe's ex-USSR countries in 2023
- MaxLinear and Pixelworks selected by Nuvyyo for Tablo OTA DVR
- Ooyala releases State of the Media Industry 2018 report
- HiNet selects Anevia software to add further CDN capacity
- IAB Tech Lab proposes Data Transparency Framework for digital advertising
- AirTV officially launches hybrid DTT/OTT gateway in the U.S.
- Comcast considering superior all-cash offer to acquire 21st Century Fox
- QSC and Zattoo create white label triple play solution for municipal utilities
- SES showcases its first broadcast of 8K television
- Video streaming outperforms subscription TV in customer satisfaction in the U.S.
- Tremor Video DSP and Cuebiq partner for geo-behavioral targeting on connected TV
- XUMO viewing data added to Nielsen's Digital Content Ratings
- Accenture provides video platform for Turner’s OTT products
- Tunity launches analytics division to measure OOH TV audience
- ATEME enables Swisscom’s MediaCloud video headend
- Oregan launches middleware for legacy Linux STBs and Android TV
- Brightcove launches OTT Flow X, powered by Accedo
- More than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV
- Sky announces new Innovation Centre in latest phase of campus development