Semiconductor (ICs, silicon IP, microchips, …) News
MaxLinear satellite receiver powers Cyfrowy Polsat's Evobox HD
Sep 18, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced that Cyfrowy Polsat has selected its MxL541C for its Evobox HD STB, the latest product in its Evobox product line. The MxL541C is a four-channel satellite receiver and Evobox HD STB makes use of the device’s very low power consumption and its Unicable support.
News categories: MaxLinear, Cyfrowy Polsat, Will Torgerson, Dariusz Działkowski, Digital TV, Poland, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Irdeto, SMIT, MStar and TP Vision develop reference CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM
Sep 17, 2018 – A partnership of players in the CAM ecosystem, led by Irdeto, has announced a productized CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM which is ready for certification. The partnership includes MStar Semiconductor, SMIT Holdings and TP Vision.
News categories: Irdeto, MStar Semi, SMIT Holdings, TP Vision, Steeve Huin, Wayne Tsai, Bingyu Xiang, Elie Bonte, CAM, Digital TV, IBCShow, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
BBC R&D shows content substitution at IBC with Vewd and Mediatek
Sep 15, 2018 – Together with Vewd and MediaTek, BBC R&D is showcasing the latest HbbTV advancements in content substitution at IBC. Vewd worked to optimize Vewd Core, its HTML5 SDK for smart TVs, as well as the Vewd Core HbbTV module, to support some of the BBC’s most advanced use cases.
News categories: Vewd, MediaTek, BBC, Frode Hernes, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, IBCShow, Semiconductor, Smart TV, UK
Amlogic's STB platform achieves Android 9 Pie Ready
Sep 14, 2018 – Amlogic has announced that it has successfully integrated Android 9 Pie into its S905X SoC powered 1G4K Android TV set-top box platform. Along with the integration of Android 9 Pie, the platform has been verified by Google.
News categories: Amlogic, James Xie, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
1+1 Media selects Verimatrix for DVB-S security in Ukraine
Sep 13, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that 1+1 Media, one of the largest media holdings in Ukraine, has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for DVB to secure its digital satellite (DVB-S) network.
News categories: Verimatrix, 1+1 Media, Steve Oetegenn, Pakholchuk Yaroslav, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShow, Satellite, Semiconductor, Ukraine
Zodiac partners with MediaKind
Sep 13, 2018 – Zodiac has announced that it has partnered with MediaKind. Zodiac’s software platform enables MediaKind’s MediaFirst TV user experience (UX) to run on any digital set-top box, new or old, via a software update only and with no need for a truckroll.
News categories: Zodiac, MediaKind, Rich Neill, Gowton Achaibar, Digital TV, IBCShow, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Vewd and HiSilicon introduce turnkey platform for streaming devices
Sep 12, 2018 – Vewd, with HiSilicon, has announced Vewd Go, a turnkey streaming media player reference design built for operators to boost subscribers by directly addressing the demands of the OTT generation. Vewd Go gives operators new ways to reach cord-nevers, cord-cutters, multi-room subscribers, and subscribers-on-the-go.
News categories: Vewd, HiSilicon, Aneesh Rajaram, John Liu, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Synaptics and partners launch turnkey Android TV STB solution
Sep 12, 2018 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that with partners it has developed a turnkey platform for the Android TV market. The solution consists of Synaptics’ multimedia processor SoCs and iWedia’s STB software on hardware from Tonly.
News categories: Synaptics, iWedia, Tonly, Huibert Verhoeven, Nikola Teslić, David Huang, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Allegro DVT releases Full Compliance Test Suite for the AV1 codec
Sep 12, 2018 – Allegro DVT has announced the availability of its AV1 compliance streams following the public release of the AOMedia Video Codec 1.0 (AV1) specification by the Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia) on March 28th, 2018.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Alliance for Open Media, Nouar Hamze, Media Player, Silicon IP, Worldwide
- Global SVOD subscriptions to reach 777 million
- DigiCAP to deploy home gateways for ONEMedia's NextGen broadcast system in Dallas
- Amazon introduces 'Fire TV Recast' DTT gateway
- Amazon introduces Echo Show with a bigger screen
- Alibaba Cloud selects Irdeto to simplify OTT content protection
- FreeWheel releases Q2 2018 Video Monetization Report
- dataxu debuts TotalTV for Advertisers, spanning linear, connected and addressable TV
- Worldwide 4K STB installed base hits 31 million units in 2017
- Vodafone makes UK’s first holographic call using 5G
- MOBITV acquires streaming delivery rights from another 90 networks
- DISH enlists Nielsen to power advanced advertising across Sling TV
- ACCESS browser selected for Panasonic Blu-ray recorder with 4K satellite
- Global OTT revenues to climb to $129 billion
- Amazon Fire TV Cube will not replace the remote just yet
- Africa’s entertainment and media industry enters dynamic new era
- Liberty Global launches 'Horizon 4' next-generation platform
- Frequency planning process finalized for DTT transition in Central America and the Caribbean
- Sky and Netflix join forces as Ultimate On Demand comes to Sky Q
- MaxLinear satellite receiver powers Cyfrowy Polsat's Evobox HD
- Ad-Tech market still highly fragmented despite intense M&A activity