IPTV (Internet Protocol Television), Video-over-IP, TVoIP, OTT TV News
VimpelCom becomes VEON and launches OTT platform
Feb 27, 2017 – VimpelCom (NASDAQ: VIP) is re-branding as VEON as it reinvents itself as a global tech company and brings a revolutionary Internet mobile platform to hundreds of millions of customers.
News categories: VimpelCom, Big Data, Digital TV, MWC17, OTT, Worldwide
UK consults on illicit IPTV streaming device regulation
Feb 23, 2017 – The UK's Intellectual Property Office (IPO) has issued a call for views on whether there is any need for legislative change to deal with the issue of illicit IPTV streaming devices.
News categories: Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
OTT content is driving demand for streaming media devices and smart TVs
Feb 23, 2017 – Growing preference for OTT content is catalyzing demand for streaming media devices and smart TVs. The market is now ready to match consumer expectations by offering seamless accessibility to on-demand content through a new generation of devices.
News categories: Frost and Sullivan, Avni Rambhia, V Aravindh, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
New Zealand Commerce Commission blocks Vodafone/Sky merger
Feb 23, 2017 – The Commerce Commission has declined to grant clearance for the proposed merger of Sky Network Television and Vodafone New Zealand. The Commission’s assessment focused on the impact of the proposed merger on competition in both the broadband and mobile telecommunications markets.
News categories: Commerce Commission, Sky Network Television, Vodafone, Dr Mark Berry, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, New Zealand, Satellite
Nokia and AT&T conduct 5G streaming tests with DIRECTV NOW
Feb 22, 2017 – Nokia and AT&T are collaborating to further advance 5G technology in the 39 GHz band by recently completing fixed wireless 5G tests with AT&T's Internet TV streaming service, DIRECTV NOW.
News categories: Nokia, AT&T, Ricky Corker, Tom Keathley, 5G, Digital TV, Infrastructure, MWC17, OTT, USA
KAONMEDIA STB with AI home assistant deployed by Korea Telecom
Feb 22, 2017 – KAONMEDIA's AI-based TV set-top box has been successfully commercialized by Korea Telecom. GiGA Genie, an IP set-top box, provides home assistant and home IoT services alongside TV set-top box features.
News categories: KAONMEDIA, KT Corp, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
DISH Network adds 28,000 pay TV subscribers in 4Q 2016
Feb 22, 2017 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has reported results for the quarter ending Dec. 31, 2016. In the fourth quarter, net Pay-TV subscribers increased by 28,000, compared with a loss of 12,000 in the same quarter of 2015.
News categories: DISH Network, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Tru Optik and LiveRamp make first-party data actionable across connected TVs
Feb 21, 2017 – Tru Optik and LiveRamp (NASDAQ: ACXM) have announced their partnership. Using Tru Optik capabilities, brands will be able to use their first-party data to create targeted OTT and connected TV (CTV) campaigns.
News categories: Tru Optik, LiveRamp, Andre Swanston, Michael Scott, Travis May, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Viaplay selects Unified Streaming to optimize Scandinavian viewer experience
Feb 21, 2017 – Viaplay has chosen Unified Streaming to help optimize its viewer experience across Scandinavia. Using Unified Origin lets Viaplay fully utilize its content and support its multi-CDN strategy.
News categories: Unified Streaming, Viaplay, Simon Westbroek, Kaj af Kleen, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Infrastructure, Norway, OTT, Sweden
- NEOTION and Verimatrix collaborate to secure the smart home
- VimpelCom becomes VEON and launches OTT platform
- Frontier to test 4K Ultra HD content on SES platform
- NEOTION shows smart home solution with Climax sensors at MWC17
- Cognitive intelligence platform enables Telefónica customers to manage their own data
- Netgem shows smart home at MWC17; Invests in Voxtok
- UK consults on illicit IPTV streaming device regulation
- Gracenote unveils entertainment data products for video, music and sports
- Clear potential for VR headsets after a slow start
- OTT content is driving demand for streaming media devices and smart TVs
- New Zealand Commerce Commission blocks Vodafone/Sky merger
- Eurofins Digital Testing signs strategic agreement with Nokia
- Nokia and AT&T conduct 5G streaming tests with DIRECTV NOW
- KAONMEDIA STB with AI home assistant deployed by Korea Telecom
- DISH Network adds 28,000 pay TV subscribers in 4Q 2016
- Tata Elxsi and Portugal's NOS partner to accelerate RDK deployment
- MobiTV announces $21M in additional funding
- Tru Optik and LiveRamp make first-party data actionable across connected TVs
- Viaplay selects Unified Streaming to optimize Scandinavian viewer experience
- Google dominates VR headset shipments