IPTV (Internet Protocol Television), Video-over-IP, TVoIP, OTT TV News
T-Mobile announces the acquisition of Layer3 TV
Dec 13, 2017 – T-Mobile US (NASDAQ: TMUS) has unveiled the next phase in its mobile video strategy, announcing plans to launch a TV service in 2018. To fuel that, the company also announced that it is to acquire Layer3 TV, and will work with them to create the TV service.
News categories: T-Mobile, Layer3 TV, John Legere, Mike Sievert, Jeff Binder, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, USA
Merger between Vodafone Malta and Melita called off
Dec 8, 2017 – In May 2017, Vodafone, Apax Partners and Fortino Capital announced their intention to combine Vodafone Malta with Melita. However, the parties have been unable to satisfy the Maltese Competition Authority's requirements and so have decided to terminate the transaction.
News categories: Vodafone, Melita, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Malta, MnA
Ohio's MCTV offers Netflix access via its FUSION STB
Dec 7, 2017 – MCTV, a broadband, TV and phone provider in Northeast Ohio, has announced the integration of Netflix on its FUSION Multi-Room HD-DVR platform. The integration allows customers to watch Netflix directly from their FUSION box.
News categories: MCTV, Netflix, Espial, Robert Gessner, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
U.S. online video consumers have not yet taken to live TV streaming
Dec 7, 2017 – Despite predictions that live streaming television was going to be one of the hottest features in 2017, interest in this service has fallen flat. According to Market Strategies International, only 11% of all streamers pay for live streaming television.
News categories: Market Strategies International, Greg Mishkin, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Nielsen launches performance testing tool for mobile video
Dec 7, 2017 – Nielsen Launches New Performance Testing Solution for Mobile Video New offering provides clear understanding of network performance impacting consumer experiences with IP-based video delivery NEW YORK, NY — Today, Nielsen (NYSE:NLSN) announced the launch of Nielsen Mobile Video Performance, the industry’s first and most complete video performance evaluation solution for IP-based video content delivery. Developed […]
News categories: Nielsen, Mike Greenawald, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, QoE, USA
Amazon Prime Video app available on Apple TV
Dec 6, 2017 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced that the Prime Video app is available on Apple TV 4K and previous generations of Apple TV in over 100 countries. Prime Video members now have even more ways to stream movies, TV series and channels.
News categories: Amazon, Apple, Mark Eamer, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, Set Top Box, UK, USA, Worldwide
Turner signs up for Nielsen SVOD content ratings service
Dec 6, 2017 – Nielsen has announced that Turner is the latest media company to access its SVOD content ratings service. Nielsen SVOD Content Ratings offers subscribing clients the opportunity to see the audience of SVOD programs, providing a more complete picture of overall viewership.
News categories: Nielsen, Turner, Peter Bradbury, Howard Shimmel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Multiscreen, OTT, USA
Summit Broadband to use Espial Elevate SaaS cloud platform
Dec 6, 2017 – Espial has announced that Summit Broadband has signed up for Espial’s Elevate Cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) solution to power its video services. Summit Broadband is a fiber-optics telecommunications provider in Florida.
News categories: Espial, Summit Broadband, Matt James, Blaine Schafer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Multiscreen, OTT, USA
360° highlights and instant replays added to BT Sport app
Dec 5, 2017 – BT is making 360° highlights and instant replays from a range of major sporting events available on its BT Sport App including the UEFA Champions League, Premier League football, the FA Cup and World Title boxing.
News categories: BT Sport, Jamie Hindhaugh, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, UK, VR
- The Walt Disney Company to acquire Twenty-First Century Fox
- T-Mobile announces the acquisition of Layer3 TV
- SoftAtHome Smart Wi-Fi powers Swisscom WLAN-Box
- DVB-T2 households forecasted to reach 72% by 2022 in Europe
- NAGRA secures Euskaltel 4K Android TV STB deployment in Spain
- Irdeto security selected for Mexico's StarTV
- Clear Creek Communications adopts Espial Elevate SaaS cloud platform
- Merger between Vodafone Malta and Melita called off
- R2B2 adds three Slovak TV stations to its programmatic ad network
- Silicon Labs to acquire Sigma Designs
- Connekt brings interactivity and T-Commerce to Hisense Smart TVs
- Ohio's MCTV offers Netflix access via its FUSION STB
- U.S. online video consumers have not yet taken to live TV streaming
- Nielsen launches performance testing tool for mobile video
- MobiTV partners with the National Cable Television Cooperative
- Media Rating Council issues Digital Audience-Based Measurement Standards
- PlayStation VR install base reaches 2 million units worldwide
- HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v9.2.1 released
- Liberty Global selects SeaChange multiscreen video solution
- From algorithms to AI, Kantar Millward Brown forecasts digital advertising in 2018