IPTV (Internet Protocol Television), Video-over-IP, TVoIP, OTT TV News
Minerva launches turnkey cloud video service for cable and telco operators
Jul 19, 2018 – Minerva Networks has unveiled a cloud video offering for pay TV operators. Built around the Company’s Minerva 10 platform, the service is a turnkey solution for the delivery of pay TV to both STBs and streaming media devices.
News categories: Minerva Networks, Com Net Inc, Mauro Bonomi, Randy Plaisier, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Multiscreen, North America
Aiming to be local everywhere, Amazon and Netflix ramp up content production
Jul 18, 2018 – Since rolling out worldwide in 2016, Amazon and Netflix have both stepped up original video content production. Netflix launched 1,257 hours of original first-run content in 2017, well ahead of Amazon Prime Video’s 285 hours, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Tim Westcott, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Innovid adds VAST inventory support across major vendors
Jul 18, 2018 – Innovid has announced support for third party viewability measurement from all major vendors in VAST inventory. Complete video viewability measurement was previously only available in VPAID inventory. On mobile and connected TV, VAST is more commonly used than VPAID.
News categories: Innovid, Michael Tuminello, Felix Hansen, Saar Paamoni, Dale Older, Dan Fichter, Advertising, Digital TV, Multiscreen, OTT, USA
SimpleReach launches all-in-one digital video measurement platform
Jul 18, 2018 – SimpleReach has announced the release of its all-in-one video measurement platform that enables brands to seamlessly track owned, publisher partner, and influencer video performance across the digital video landscape.
News categories: SimpleReach, Edward Kim, Luke Kintigh, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Tremor Video DSP and Dstillery deliver joint audience targeting solution
Jul 17, 2018 – Tremor Video DSP has announced that it has partnered with Dstillery to deliver an exclusive audience targeting solution. The partnership leverages Tremor Video DSP’s video bid stream data and advanced creative with Dstillery’s predictive marketing intelligence.
News categories: Tremor Video DSP, Dstillery, Abbey Thomas, Evan Hills, Jarod Caporino, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Smart TV share jumps to 70% of TV shipments in 2018
Jul 17, 2018 – The global unit-share of smart TVs rose from 45 percent of total TV shipments in 2015 to 64 percent in 2017. It is expected to reach 70 percent of all TV shipments in 2018., according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Paul Gagnon, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
TDS Telecom Selects TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
Jul 17, 2018 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and TDS Telecom (TDS) have announced that TDS has chosen TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform to bring entertainment to TDS’ customers. TDS will roll out the TiVo-powered video solution in both cable and wireline service areas.
News categories: TiVo Inc, TDS Telecom, Nokia, Michael Hawkey, Julie Maiers, Scott Cohen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA, UX
Verizon Digital Media Services provides content delivery for Grupo Clarín
Jul 17, 2018 – Verizon Digital Media Services announced that its content delivery network is now utilized by the main digital media properties of Grupo Clarín. Verizon worked with local partner Pontis Technologies to onboard the Grupo Clarín properties.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, Grupo Clarín, Pontis Technologies, Chris Carey, Damián Molinari, Argentina, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
52.5 million pay TV subs for European former USSR countries in 1Q 2018
Jul 17, 2018 – According to Dataxis, Pay-TV subscriptions in former European USSR countries reached 53.2m in the first quarter of 2018, a 3% YoY growth. In line with global trends, cable TV is declining in all countries of the region (-2% YoY).
News categories: Dataxis, Armenia, Belarus, Cable TV, Digital TV, Estonia, Georgia, IPTV, Latvia, Lithuania, Market Research, Moldova, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Ukraine
- Casbaa releases updated pay TV and OTT Regulatory Review for Asia
- Minerva launches turnkey cloud video service for cable and telco operators
- AlphaNetworks creates global A.I. powered media platform
- Oversupply of large TFT LCD panels to prompt restructuring of older fabs
- Aiming to be local everywhere, Amazon and Netflix ramp up content production
- Innovid adds VAST inventory support across major vendors
- SimpleReach launches all-in-one digital video measurement platform
- UK: TV streaming services overtake pay TV for first time
- Tremor Video DSP and Dstillery deliver joint audience targeting solution
- Smart TV share jumps to 70% of TV shipments in 2018
- TDS Telecom Selects TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
- Verizon Digital Media Services provides content delivery for Grupo Clarín
- 52.5 million pay TV subs for European former USSR countries in 1Q 2018
- Anevia joins Red Hat technology partner program
- Telia acquires TDC’s Norwegian business
- Pay TV subscribers in Latin America reached 71.4 million in Q1 2018
- Telkom Indonesia launches OONA mobile TV app with Brightcove
- Smartphone displays set to move rapidly to 18:9
- iflix subscriber numbers up 250% in 1H 2018
- Online video viewing to exceed an hour a day in 2018