Big Data (Audience Measurement, Discovery and Recommendation, Personalisation, Metadata, Artificial Intelligence, AI)
comScore audience segments available through Oracle Data Cloud
Oct 16, 2018 – comScore has announced an agreement with Oracle Data Cloud to drive audience targeting with TV segments. The new segments allow marketers to reach sought-after personas (e.g., new moms) through Oracle Data Cloud, as well as to target consumers who have viewed specific TV ads.
News categories: comScore, Oracle, Rachel Gantz, Michelle Hulst, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Google, Sky, RAI, ERT, Kineton, Skyworth join HbbTV Association
Oct 16, 2018 – The HbbTV Association has announced that seven new companies have joined the industry association in the past 12 months. The new members include Google, Sky, RAI, ERT, Kineton and Skyworth, taking the membership total to 70 companies.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
FreeWheel launches advanced advertising suite for the new TV landscape
Oct 15, 2018 – FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has announced the launch of FreeWheel’s DRIVE, a suite of advanced advertising solutions designed to help marketers reach consumers across emerging forms of TV using advanced data and measurement capabilities.
News categories: FreeWheel, David Clark, David Cohen, Noah Levine, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Pluto TV selects Tru Optik for audience-based ad measurement
Oct 11, 2018 – Pluto TV has announced that it has selected Tru Optik to power audience-based advertising and campaign measurement across Pluto’s OTT and CTV inventory. Pluto TV is using audience targeting, validation and measurement from Tru Optik’s OTT Marketing Cloud.
News categories: Tru Optik, Pluto TV, Frans Vermeulen, Rich Calacci, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Grupo TVCable using OpenVault to optimize performance and UX
Oct 9, 2018 – OpenVault has announced a trial with Ecuador’s largest cable operator, Grupo TVCable. Using OpenVault’s cloud-based tools, Grupo TVCable is to use better visibility of its network to optimize capacity and provide the most responsive services to as many users as possible.
News categories: OpenVault, Grupo TVCable, Tony Costa, Jorge Schwartz, George Kassas, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ecuador, Satellite, UX
Ultravision to launch IPTV multiscreen in Mexico with Broadpeak
Oct 9, 2018 – Broadpeak has announced that Ultravision, a leading pay-TV operator in Mexico, has selected Broadpeak to power its new IPTV multiscreen service. Ultravision will rely on Broadpeak's BkM100 video delivery manager, BkS400 HTTP video cache servers, and BkS350 origin packager.
News categories: Broadpeak, Ultravisión, Jacques Le Mancq, Patrício Zorrilla, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mexico, Multiscreen, QoE
Roku announces Measurement Partner Program for OTT advertising
Oct 9, 2018 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced a Measurement Partner Program to help brands and publishers quantify the impact of OTT advertising campaigns running on the Roku platform across a wide variety of marketing and sales outcomes.
News categories: Roku, Dentsu Aegis Network, Dan Robbins, Mike Law, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Indonesia's Metranet selects Brightcove for streaming to its OONA app
Oct 7, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that its video platform has been selected by Metranet, a subsidiary of Telkom Indonesia, to launch OONA, a mobile app designed to deliver both live linear and VOD experiences to audiences on the go.
News categories: Brightcove, Metranet, OONA, Ben Morrell, Widi Nugroho, Advertising, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT
CleverTap releases OTT industry benchmark report
Oct 4, 2018 – CleverTap has announced the release of its Industry Benchmark Report for Media and Entertainment (OTT) Apps. The report helps growth marketers benchmark against some of the most successful apps in the OTT industry.
News categories: CleverTap, Almitra Karnik, Elliot Goldwater, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
- Ultravision deploys Conax Go Live multiscreen solution in Mexico
- Study shows strong interest in ATSC 3.0 Next-Gen Television concept
- comScore audience segments available through Oracle Data Cloud
- 80% of U.S. cable subscribers also stream digital video
- ATEME provides virtualized video headend to CJ Hello
- Google, Sky, RAI, ERT, Kineton, Skyworth join HbbTV Association
- Ooyala bought from Telstra by its management
- Allegro DVT introduces HDR and HFR system compliance streams
- Phoenix Model Market broadcasters plan in-car TV trial with Avis Budget Group
- FuboTV provides business update
- FreeWheel launches advanced advertising suite for the new TV landscape
- 8K TV shipments at more than 400,000 units in 2019
- Socionext develops HDMI 2.1 compatible video processing ICs
- iVideoSmart launches 100 new Vewd-certified apps in 100 days
- Five more TV broadcasters to test ATSC 3.0 in Phoenix Model Market
- 5G will drive new revenues in Media and Entertainment by 2028
- 47% of U.S. broadband households watch UGC more than once a month
- Pluto TV selects Tru Optik for audience-based ad measurement
- iflix app certified for Vewd-enabled Smart TVs and STBs
- Hathway selects Verimatrix to secure DVB hybrid network on Android TV