Big Data (Audience Measurement, Discovery and Recommendation, Personalisation, Metadata, Artificial Intelligence, AI)
Mediacorp selects Skyline Communications to monitor its DVB-T2 network
Jun 22, 2018 – Skyline Communications has announced that it has deployed its DataMiner platform at Mediacorp, Singapore’s largest broadcaster and transmission network operator. The setup comprises more than 1,500 transmission and network elements, spread across more than 100 different locations.
News categories: Skyline Communications, Mediacorp, Ben Vandenberghe, Jonathan Triboulet, QoE, Singapore, Terrestrial
Swrve adds Roku to its suite of streaming video OTT platforms
Jun 21, 2018 – Swrve has added Roku to its list of supported over-the-top (OTT) Digital Media Streaming platforms. By doing so, Swrve now enables any brand looking to interact with customers on the Roku platform to do so as part of a multi-channel strategy focused on driving engagement and revenue.
News categories: Swrve, Roku, Lisa Cleary, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, Multiscreen, OTT, USA
Tata Sky selects ThinkAnalytics for live and on-demand personalized content discovery
Jun 19, 2018 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that Tata Sky has selected ThinkAnalytics to power personalized content recommendations across connected devices. The personalized recommendations will initially be available on Tata Sky’s applications across mobile and PC platforms.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Tata Sky, Alan Dishington, Pallavi Puri, Big Data, Digital TV, India, Satellite, UX
Nielsen and FreeWheel partner on OTT and STB VOD measurement
Jun 19, 2018 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) have announced plans to expand measurement to OTT and STB VOD inventory. The efforts are intended to allow advertisers to take advantage of additional impressions and expanding overall TV ecosystem market liquidity.
News categories: Nielsen, Comcast, Megan Clarken, Marcien Jenckes, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
BrightLine enables inclusion of voice assistant prompts in OTT ads
Jun 18, 2018 – BrightLine is adding voice activation to its enhanced OTT ad platform, InCast. BrightLine’s ad platform can detect which voice assistant a TV utilizes, and dynamically incorporate suitable commands into ads.
News categories: BrightLine, Robert Aksman, Jacqueline Corbelli, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Smart Home, USA
Tru Optik releases measurement and validation service for targeted OTT advertising
Jun 18, 2018 – Tru Optik has announced the release of its Cross-Screen Audience Validation (CAV) service which provides de-duplicated household-level reach and frequency, device authentication, and advanced audience validation for OTT and CTV campaigns.
News categories: Tru Optik, Andre Swanston, David Wiesenfeld, Kevin Dean, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Sony Crackle selects Nielsen for addressable advertising
Jun 14, 2018 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced that Sony Crackle has selected Nielsen Marketing Cloud to power its addressable advertising capabilities across all devices and platforms including mobile devices, connected TVs, streaming boxes and gaming consoles.
News categories: Nielsen, Sony Pictures Television, Sony Crackle, Damian Garbaccio, Rene Santaella, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
adsquare audience platform enriched with PeerLogix OTT viewing data
Jun 13, 2018 – PeerLogix (OTCQB:LOGX) and adsquare have announced the launch of a joint OTT Media Planning initiative enabling marketers to reach, target and measure advertisements at households streaming OTT TV shows and movies.
News categories: PeerLogix, adsquare, Ray Colwell, Ted Smith, Advertising, Big Data, OTT, USA
Eurofins to provide testing and validation for Com Hem's Android TV STB
Jun 12, 2018 – At ANGA COM 2018, Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that it has been selected by Com Hem to provide automated testing and service validation for Com Hem's Tv Hub. Tv Hub is an Android TV Ultra HD/4K Hybrid STB.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, Com Hem, Johan Craeybeckx, Thomas Helbo, ANGACOM2018, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Sweden
- Mediacorp selects Skyline Communications to monitor its DVB-T2 network
- Nepal's DishHome upgrades Verimatrix cardless security
- Over 85% of U.S. millennials subscribe to at least one OTT video service
- Swrve adds Roku to its suite of streaming video OTT platforms
- M7 Group delivers live UHD football with Harmonic
- Amazon Prime Video now available on BT TV set top boxes
- Warning as LCD panel shipments outpace TV set manufacturing
- NAGRA and MTM unveil 2018 Pay-TV Innovation Forum findings for N. America
- Video consumption on mobiles stabilizes in Q1 2018
- Disney and 21st Century Fox agree $38-per-share acquisition deal
- Accenture chosen to help enhance TV customer experience at KPN
- Sony brings Google Assistant to BRAVIA Android TVs in UK
- Smart speakers are popular, but not for controlling connected home devices
- Tata Sky selects ThinkAnalytics for live and on-demand personalized content discovery
- Nielsen and FreeWheel partner on OTT and STB VOD measurement
- BrightLine enables inclusion of voice assistant prompts in OTT ads
- Tru Optik releases measurement and validation service for targeted OTT advertising
- Virgin Media expands Netflix partnership with single billing
- Screen size and picture quality drive replacement TV purchases in U.S.
- Intelsat and Globo to demonstrate 8K during the World Cup