Big Data (Audience Measurement, Discovery and Recommendation, Personalisation, Metadata, Artificial Intelligence, AI)
Gracenote mobile video analytics gives view on streaming app performance
Aug 16, 2018 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has announced a Mobile Video Analytics solution aimed at providing visibility into the quality and performance of the most popular mobile video streaming applications. The product will provide a means to better understand how mobile app performance impacts user behavior and attitudes.
News categories: Gracenote, Mike Greenawald, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, QoE, USA, Worldwide
iflix and Wattpad to produce movies based on Wattpad stories from Indonesia
Aug 15, 2018 – iflix and Wattpad have announced a content partnership to bring Wattpad stories to millions of iflix users across Asia, the Middle East, and Africa. Over the next year, iflix and Wattpad will co-produce original movies based on Wattpad stories from Indonesia.
News categories: iflix, Wattpad, Sean Carey, Aron Levitz, Africa, Asia, Big Data, Digital TV, Indonesia, Middle-East
U.S. voice-activated speaker sales to grow 50% by 2019
Aug 14, 2018 – According to The NPD Group, sales of voice-activated speakers will add an incremental $1.6 billion dollars to the U.S. technology industry through 2019, as these devices are leveraged both as an interface to smart home services and as digital assistants.
News categories: NPD Group, Stephen Baker, Big Data, Market Research, Smart Home, USA
Global spend on TV and Video will reach $559 billion in 2022
Aug 14, 2018 – Strategy Analytics has forecast that global consumer and advertising spend on TV and video will grow from $490 billion in 2017 to $559 billion in 2022, an increase of $69 billion. Spend on OTT video will account for 90% of the growth.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Telaria integrates Nielsen digital ad ratings
Aug 14, 2018 – Telaria (NYSE: TLRA) has announced that it has integrated Nielsen’s Digital Ad Ratings (DAR) to activate comprehensive, next-day views of digital audience performance in the platform, offering TV-comparable industry standards for digital video inventory.
News categories: Telaria, Nielsen, Mark Zagorski, Sean Holzman, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Sweden, Worldwide
Accedo launches AI project with AWS and ITV
Aug 14, 2018 – Accedo has announced a project with British broadcaster, ITV to use Artificial Intelligence to automatically generate cover artwork which is likely to appeal best to a given user segment. The project will be tested with a focus group of ITV users.
News categories: Accedo, ITV, Michael Lantz, Lee Marshall, Big Data, Digital TV, IBCShow, UK, UX
Google closes gap on Amazon in smart speaker market in Q2 2018
Aug 13, 2018 – According to Strategy Analytics, Amazon’s global smart speaker share of shipments fell to 41% in Q2 2018 from 44% in Q1 and 76% in Q2 2017. By contrast Google has increased its share to 28% in Q2 2018, up from 16% during the same period last year.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, David Mercer, Big Data, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Minute.ly launches real-time AI video analysis for live streams
Aug 13, 2018 – Minute.ly has announced a new product in their suite of video tools. The product uses AI technology to monitor live stream broadcasts and automatically generate video previews in real time to increase video engagement with consumers and, ultimately, video revenue.
News categories: Minute.ly, Amit Golan, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Brightline adds Cuebiq's footfall attribution to OTT ad platform
Aug 9, 2018 – Cuebiq and Brightline have announced a partnership to provide media owners and advertisers with footfall attribution. With Cuebiq, BrightLine increases the depth of information available to advertisers, enabling them to attribute in-person visitation back to their enhanced OTT ads.
News categories: Brightline, Cuebiq, Jacqueline Corbelli, Antonio Tomarchio, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
- U.S. cord cutting slows while satellite suffers record customer losses in Q2 2018
- Gracenote mobile video analytics gives view on streaming app performance
- iflix and Wattpad to produce movies based on Wattpad stories from Indonesia
- U.S. voice-activated speaker sales to grow 50% by 2019
- Cogeco Connexion to introduce MediaFirst IPTV platform
- Global spend on TV and Video will reach $559 billion in 2022
- Telaria integrates Nielsen digital ad ratings
- Accedo launches AI project with AWS and ITV
- Kudelski's SmarDTV device business becomes Neotion affiliate
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~415,000 subscribers in 2Q 2018
- Global connected TV device installed base passes one billion unit mark
- Google closes gap on Amazon in smart speaker market in Q2 2018
- Minute.ly launches real-time AI video analysis for live streams
- Europeans spending two more hours a month watching on-demand video
- Netflix on verge of 2 million viewers in New Zealand
- Astro launches first 4K UHD broadcast in Malaysia
- US SVOD subscriptions to reach 208 million
- U.S. STB energy efficiency agreement saves $3.5 billion
- Brightline adds Cuebiq's footfall attribution to OTT ad platform
- TELUS first in Canada with 24/7 linear 4K HDR channel