UX (User Experience, User Interface, EPG) News
Atlantic Broadband brings new TiVo experience to Low Country area of South Carolina
Apr 17, 2019 – Atlantic Broadband has announced that it has launched TiVo's Unified Entertainment System in the Low Country area of South Carolina. The platform features a modern user interface, personalized viewing recommendations and a voice remote.
News categories: Atlantic Broadband, TiVo Corp, Heather McCallion, Debbie Eblen, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
iflix app to be available on Foxxum-enabled devices in emerging markets
Apr 13, 2019 – Foxxum has announced a partnership with iflix. As part of the deal, the iflix app will be made available on Foxxum-enabled devices in key markets including Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines. The deal will deliver iflix content to millions of connected devices.
News categories: Foxxum, iflix, Ronny Lutzi, Goncalo Carvalho, Apps, Digital TV, Indonesia, Malaysia, OTT, Philippines, Smart TV
Accedo's video experience platform combined with Oregan’s middleware
Apr 11, 2019 – Accedo and Oregan Networks have announced a strategic partnership to provide next generation Pay TV solutions to the video industry. The joint solution will combine elements from the Accedo One video experience platform with Oregan’s SparQ middleware for Android TV.
News categories: Accedo, Oregan Networks, Michael Lantz, Mark Perry, Android TV, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
T-Mobile and Amazon to bring Prime Video to TVision Home
Apr 10, 2019 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) have announced an agreement bringing Prime Video to TVision Home later this year. TVision customers with a Prime membership will be able to watch all Prime content through the Prime Video app on TVision.
News categories: T-Mobile, Prime Video, TVision, Mike Sievert, Andrew Bennett, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, USA
T-Mobile introduces TVision Home
Apr 10, 2019 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) has introduced TVision Home, a rebranded and upgraded version of Layer3 TV. TVision Home is launching in Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Washington DC metro areas, as well as Longmont CO, with other markets coming later this year.
News categories: T-Mobile, TVision, John Legere, Mike Sievert, 5G, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
PureFlix.com taps 24i Media to reach more screens
Apr 8, 2019 – 24i Media has announced that it has built and deployed a suite of video apps for PureFlix.com, an SVOD service serving consumers in the U.S. and Canada. PureFlix.com is using 24i’s SmartOTT solution to power its SVOD service on a broad array of platforms and devices.
News categories: 24i Media, PureFlix, Martijn van Horssen, Ramon Duivenvoorden, Marc Beckwitt, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, USA
Oi Brazil chooses MediaKind's multiscreen entertainment solution
Apr 8, 2019 – MediaKind has announced that Oi Brazil has chosen MediaKind’s multiscreen entertainment solution. The implementation combines MediaKind’s Mediaroom TV Platform, Video Storage and Processing Platform, Live Encoding to Oi Play and associated Professional Services.
News categories: MediaKind, Oi Brazil, Clayton Cruz, Luciano Rebouças Oliveira, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, NABShow, OTT, UX
Globant simplifies OTT app workflow with Microsoft Azure
Apr 8, 2019 – Globant has announced the availability of Signal OTT, a platform-as-a-service (PaaS) offering on Microsoft Azure. This will help media houses and content publishers reach and engage users across device form factors and drive new revenue streams through delightful experiences.
News categories: Globant, Microsoft Azure, Russ Whitman, Diego Tártara, Sudheer Sirivara, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Redbox chooses TiVo for personalization and content discovery
Apr 8, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Redbox has chosen TiVo to deliver personalized content experiences to its customers via TiVo’s Personalized Content Discovery platform. Redbox is America’s destination for new-release movie and video game rentals.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Redbox, Walt Horstman, Ash Eldifrawi, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- Interra Systems adds support for Dolby Vision to its QC platform
- Global SVoD revenues to grow 25% in 2019 to $36bn
- Rohde & Schwarz wins DVB-T2 transmitter contract in Egypt
- Allegro DVT introduces real-time AV1 encoder IP for 4K/UHD video
- Double digit growth for flat panel displays in 2018
- FreeWheel and A+E Networks pilot unified ad decisioning engine
- GatesAir and Foccus Digital upgrade ISDB-Tb transmitters for TV Record in Brazil
- Global 5G smartphone shipments to reach 5 million units in 2019
- Atlantic Broadband brings new TiVo experience to Low Country area of South Carolina
- Deltatre releases report on sports streaming
- Shemaroo enters the US market with ShemarooMe VOD launch
- Philo unveils connected TV ad platform
- Swisscom switches on Switzerland’s first 5G network
- US SVOD subscriptions to reach 270 million
- Premium video solidifies its position in the European marketplace
- Amazon bulk certifies Espial Elevate operators for Alexa voice control
- ACCESS acquires NetRange
- AT&T sells Hulu minority stake back to Hulu
- Witbe implements Nielsen Watermark Detection
- TekSavvy TV launching in Toronto