Czech Republic (Czechia) Digital TV News
Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 66,000 in 1Q 2019
May 9, 2019 – Deutsche Telekom has released results for the first quarter of 2019. In Germany, 66,000 new MagentaTV customers were recorded in the quarter, taking the total number to 3.4 million, an increase of 7.1 percent compared with March 2018.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Austria, Cable TV, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers
Liberty Global organic video subscriber losses at 60,500 for 1Q 2019
May 6, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced its financial results for the first quarter of 2019. The company's Vodafone and Sunrise transactions remain on track to close during the summer of 2019 and Q4 2019, respectively.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Poland, Results, Romania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
M7 app integrated with Vestel-produced smart TVs
Apr 24, 2019 – M7 Group has agreed with Vestel to integrate the M7 smart TV app into the latest Vestel smart TVs. For the markets in which M7 operates, Vestel produced smart TVs are available under various brands, including Toshiba, Hitachi, JVC, Finlux and Telefunken.
News categories: M7 Group, Vestel, Hans Troelstra, Hakan Kutlu, Apps, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Netherlands, Satellite, Slovakia, Smart TV
M7 to buy Liberty Global's Eastern European DTH operations
Dec 21, 2018 – M7 Group has announced that it has agreed to buy the DTH satellite TV operations of Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) currently serving four Eastern European markets (Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Romania).
News categories: M7 Group, Liberty Global, Hans Troelstra, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, MnA, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia
EU to investigate acquisition by Vodafone of Liberty Global businesses
Dec 11, 2018 – The EU has opened an investigation to assess Vodafone's proposed acquisition of Liberty Global's business in Czechia, Germany, Hungary and Romania. The Commission is concerned the takeover may reduce competition in Germany and Czechia.
News categories: European Commission, Vodafone, Liberty Global, Margrethe Vestager, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, EU, Germany, MnA
Slovak Telekom and T-Mobile Czech Republic select MediaKind for IPTV
Nov 21, 2018 – MediaKind has been selected by Slovak Telekom and T-Mobile Czech Republic, members of the Deutsche Telekom group, to power the delivery of market-leading IPTV services to consumers in Slovakia and the Czech Republic.
News categories: MediaKind, Slovak Telekom, T-Mobile Czech Republic, Angel Ruiz, Andrej Pinak, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Slovakia
Panaccess launches Pantelio DTH platform for the Slovak and Czech markets
Sep 12, 2018 – Panaccess has presented Pantelio, a direct-to-home (DTH) television platform for the Slovak and Czech markets, which it has launched in partnership with Hispasat and Belinter Media. The platform will distribute in these countries using Hispasat 30W-5.
News categories: Hispasat, Panaccess, Belinter Media, Ignacio Sanchis, Roland Shlichting, Conditional Access, Czech Republic, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC, Satellite, Slovakia
O2 Czech Republic launches 'Multidimensional Television' with SmartLabs
Sep 5, 2018 – O2 Czech Republic has launched their next generation interactive TV service in the Czech Republic and Slovakia. SmartLabs has announced that they worked side by side with the O2 team to specify, develop and deliver the bespoke project.
News categories: SmartLabs, O2 Czech Republic, Mikhail Grachev, Branislav Valo, Czech Republic, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
R2B2 introduces ad targeting by TV brand and model in the Czech Republic
Aug 29, 2018 – R2B2 has announced that an eighth way of targeting ads, by specific TV brand and model, is now available when buying HbbTV ads programmatically through the R2B2 Multiscreen network. Skylink was the first to use it in a campaign.
News categories: R2B2, Skylink, David Kratochvíl, Tomáš Jelínek, Advertising, Czech Republic, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism
- WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station
- 3SS and Media Distillery team up for ultra-personalized AI-powered TV
- Redbox selects You.i TV to develop React Native app on Roku
- MainStreaming secures $6 million funding
- Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
- SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
- Four media measurement bodies form global alliance
- Philo brings streaming TV to WOW! broadband customers
- FreeWheel announces programmatic OTT offering for local TV buyers
- Cyfrowy Polsat contract pay TV subscribers down 22,000 in 1Q 2019
- Digital Alert Systems and Kaltura bring EAS Alerts to Cloud TV services
- Telestream and NPAW integrate video monitoring and analytics platforms
- Cross channel ad management and tracking help drive video ad tech market