Albania Digital TV News
ALBtelecom selects Minerva Entertainment Delivery Platform
Sep 13, 2014 – Minerva Networks has announced that ALBtelecom, the incumbent telecommunication service provider in Albania, has selected Minerva’s Entertainment Delivery Platform to offer television services over its broadband network.
News categories: Minerva, ALBtelecom, Eric Freund, Floreta Zhulali, Albania, Digital TV, IBCShow, IPTV, Middleware
ALBtelecom selects Amino IPTV set-top boxes
Sep 9, 2014 – ALBtelecom has selected Amino set-top boxes to support the rollout of its new ALBtv IPTV service. The company will deploy Amino’s HD devices as part of a tripleplay package including TV services, broadband and telephony.
News categories: Amino, ALBtelecom, Floreta Zhulali, Donald McGarva, Albania, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
ALBtelecom launches ALB TV IPTV service in Albania
Apr 14, 2014 – ALBtelecom has announced the launch of its Alb TV IPTV service in Albania. The service is available in Korçë and Pogradec, and by the summer of this year the service will cover the entire country.
News categories: ALBtelecom, Floreta Zhulali, Albania, Digital TV, IPTV
DIGITALB selects Quadrille for its Push VOD services
Apr 16, 2013 – DIGITALB has chosen Quadrille's QuadriFast™ solution to deploy Video On Demand (VOD) and Catch-Up-TV services in Albania. QuadriFast allows video content to be pushed over the satellite or terrestrial network to a set-top box to be then offered on demand to subscribers.
News categories: Quadrille, DIGITALB, Albania, Infrastructure, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Terrestrial
22 of 27 EU countries implement analogue TV switch-off by end-2012
Mar 11, 2013 – The Yearbook recently published by the European Audiovisual Observatory showed that the year 2012 was a significant watershed for digital terrestrial television in the European Union with a total of 22 EU member States having hit the recommended digital switchover deadline.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Digital TV, EU, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Market Research, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Terrestrial, Turkey
Albania's DigitAlb Pay-TV Platform Extends to 2020 its Eutelsat Satellite Capacity
Jan 6, 2011 – DigitAlb has announced that it has secured its satellite resources for digital broadcasting with Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) to June 2020. The company has extended for an extra three years its contract with Eutelsat for transponders at 16degrees East.
News categories: Eutelsat, DigitAlb, Albania, Satellite
Albania - Tring DTH starts test broadcasting
Sep 7, 2008 – Broadcasts began a few days ago on Eutelsat W2 16°E to test the new Albanian digital satellite platform Tring. The service is owned by Albanian Satellite Communications (ASC).
News categories: Albanian Satellite Communications, Albania, Digital TV, Satellite
Thomson's DVB-H Mobile TV solutions live in 11 Countries
Apr 12, 2008 – Thomson's (Euronext Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS) mobile TV solutions are now in commercial deployments in 11 of the 14 countries that already have DVB-H deployments.
News categories: Thomson, Albania, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, DVB-H, Infrastructure, Italy, Kenya, Multiscreen, Namibia, Netherlands, Nigeria, Philippines, Russia, South Africa, The NAB Show, UAE
OSCE Presence to assist Albanian electronic media regulatory body draft national strategy
Oct 3, 2007 – The OSCE Presence in Albania will assist the National Council of Radio and Television (NCRT) in drafting an audio-visual strategy which will tackle issues such as the management of the transition from analogue to digital broadcasting.
News categories: OSCE, KKRT, Albania, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Terrestrial
- Silicon Image introduces USB type-C port controllers with MHL Alt Mode
- Telstra deploys Ericsson LTE Broadcast to enable video-centric applications
- MediaTek announces ARM Cortex-A72-based tablet SoC
- Optus and Nokia trial video distribution by local base stations
- 2D-to-3D conversion software success for ETRI and NHNZ
- India consults on DTH set-top box interoperability
- Pay DTT up 52% year-on-year in Croatia
- Rostelecom goes multiscreen with SmartLabs
- Exset DMS integrated with DTV Research STBs
- EUTELSAT 115 West B satellite gears up for launch
- Deutsche Telekom adds 109,000 TV customers in 4Q 2014
- Frontier Communications to deploy co-branded versions of TiVo's products and services
- South Africa plans to migrate to digital 'within 2 years'
- TDS Telecom adds 4,000 TV subscribers in 4Q 2014
- StarHub adds 3,000 pay TV customers in 4Q 2014
- SES to launch two satellites with SpaceX
- Telefónica adds 437,000 pay TV subscribers in 4Q 2014
- Beltelecom expands DVB-T2 coverage in Belarus
- Enhanced TVNZ OnDemand launches with Brightcove
- CEC Liquid Telecom launches FTTH in Zambia