Slovakia Digital TV News
Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 66,000 in 1Q 2019
May 9, 2019 – Deutsche Telekom has released results for the first quarter of 2019. In Germany, 66,000 new MagentaTV customers were recorded in the quarter, taking the total number to 3.4 million, an increase of 7.1 percent compared with March 2018.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Austria, Cable TV, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers
Liberty Global organic video subscriber losses at 60,500 for 1Q 2019
May 6, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced its financial results for the first quarter of 2019. The company's Vodafone and Sunrise transactions remain on track to close during the summer of 2019 and Q4 2019, respectively.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Poland, Results, Romania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
M7 app integrated with Vestel-produced smart TVs
Apr 24, 2019 – M7 Group has agreed with Vestel to integrate the M7 smart TV app into the latest Vestel smart TVs. For the markets in which M7 operates, Vestel produced smart TVs are available under various brands, including Toshiba, Hitachi, JVC, Finlux and Telefunken.
News categories: M7 Group, Vestel, Hans Troelstra, Hakan Kutlu, Apps, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Netherlands, Satellite, Slovakia, Smart TV
M7 to buy Liberty Global's Eastern European DTH operations
Dec 21, 2018 – M7 Group has announced that it has agreed to buy the DTH satellite TV operations of Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) currently serving four Eastern European markets (Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Romania).
News categories: M7 Group, Liberty Global, Hans Troelstra, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, MnA, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia
Slovak Telekom and T-Mobile Czech Republic select MediaKind for IPTV
Nov 21, 2018 – MediaKind has been selected by Slovak Telekom and T-Mobile Czech Republic, members of the Deutsche Telekom group, to power the delivery of market-leading IPTV services to consumers in Slovakia and the Czech Republic.
News categories: MediaKind, Slovak Telekom, T-Mobile Czech Republic, Angel Ruiz, Andrej Pinak, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Slovakia
Orange Slovensko extends TV offer to satellite with Eutelsat
Sep 14, 2018 – Orange Slovensko has signed a contract with Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) expanding its pay-TV offer via satellite and enabling a nationwide reach across Slovakia. Orange will broadcast from EUTELSAT 16A to reach households not covered by its FTTH network.
News categories: Eutelsat, Orange, Michel Azibert, Pavol Lančarič, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, Satellite, Slovakia
Irdeto secures Orange Slovakia’s new DTH service
Sep 14, 2018 – Orange Slovensko has selected Irdeto as its partner to securely deliver content through its recently launched DTH service in Slovakia. The service was launched with Irdeto Conditional Access securing a range of premium content.
News categories: Irdeto, Orange, Richard Frankland, Karol Flak, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBC, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia
Panaccess launches Pantelio DTH platform for the Slovak and Czech markets
Sep 12, 2018 – Panaccess has presented Pantelio, a direct-to-home (DTH) television platform for the Slovak and Czech markets, which it has launched in partnership with Hispasat and Belinter Media. The platform will distribute in these countries using Hispasat 30W-5.
News categories: Hispasat, Panaccess, Belinter Media, Ignacio Sanchis, Roland Shlichting, Conditional Access, Czech Republic, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC, Satellite, Slovakia
R2B2 launches content targeting on HbbTV in Slovakia
Aug 28, 2018 – Now there is a new targeting option for programmatic advertising on HbbTV in Slovakia. Advertisers can target viewers based on the content they are watching. So far, it is available on three TV stations: Markíza, Doma, and Dajto.
News categories: R2B2, David Kratochvíl, Advertising, Digital TV, HbbTV, Slovakia
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism
- WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station
- 3SS and Media Distillery team up for ultra-personalized AI-powered TV
- Redbox selects You.i TV to develop React Native app on Roku
- MainStreaming secures $6 million funding
- Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
- SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
- Four media measurement bodies form global alliance
- Philo brings streaming TV to WOW! broadband customers
- FreeWheel announces programmatic OTT offering for local TV buyers
- Cyfrowy Polsat contract pay TV subscribers down 22,000 in 1Q 2019
- Digital Alert Systems and Kaltura bring EAS Alerts to Cloud TV services
- Telestream and NPAW integrate video monitoring and analytics platforms
- Cross channel ad management and tracking help drive video ad tech market