Bosnia and Herzegovina Digital TV News
Tivi OTT service begins test operations in Bosnia & Herzegovina
Oct 23, 2014 – Bosnia and Herzegovina's first OTT television platform has officially started test operations. The service, called Tivi, can be viewed free of charge on Android and Apple iOS devices such as smartphones and tablets as well as via Smart TVs.
News categories: Tivi, Apps, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Digital TV, OTT
Pickbox.tv S-VOD launched in former Yugoslavia
Jul 16, 2014 – Pickbox.tv has said that on May 7th it launched a subscription video-on-demand service for the countries of the former Yugoslavia. The service is currently available online and on iOS tablets and smartphones.
News categories: Pickbox, Martina Vuletin, Apps, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, OTT, Serbia, Slovenia, Smartphone, Tablet
Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
Dec 4, 2013 – Bosnia's m:tel has announced that it plans to upgrade its digital television service in 2014, with high definition programming, and support for viewing on connected devices.
News categories: m:tel, Motorola, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Digital TV, IPTV, Multiscreen
Telekom Slovenije adds 10,300 pay TV connections in 3Q 2013
Nov 28, 2013 – Telekom Slovenije has published its Business Report for the period January – September 2013. Over the first nine months of this year the number of TV connections was up 12% to reach 313,965.
News categories: Telekom Slovenije, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, IPTV, Kosovo, Macedonia, Multiscreen, Results, Slovenia, Subscribers, Terrestrial
22 of 27 EU countries implement analogue TV switch-off by end-2012
Mar 11, 2013 – The Yearbook recently published by the European Audiovisual Observatory showed that the year 2012 was a significant watershed for digital terrestrial television in the European Union with a total of 22 EU member States having hit the recommended digital switchover deadline.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Digital TV, EU, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Market Research, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Terrestrial, Turkey
Zappware delivers multi-device end-to-end OTT solution to SBB and Telemach
Jan 24, 2013 – Zappware has announced that it has delivered a complete end-to-end OTT platform to Serbian cable operator SBB, and to Telemach, the leading cable operator in Slovenia and Bosnia & Herzegovina. The platform supports linear and non-linear TV on a broad range of mobile and fixed devices.
News categories: Zappware, SBB, Telemach, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, Serbia, TV Everywhere
Beenius Signs Contract For OTT Deployment With BH Telecom
Nov 7, 2012 – Beenius has announced an agreement with BH Telecom. Beenius will supply BH Telecom with an Over-The-Top TV delivery platform and an extension of the existing IPTV&VoIP system, representing one of the first of such deployments in CEE.
News categories: Beenius, BH Telecom, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet
SBB-Telemach Group Selects Cisco Personal DVB Set-Top Box Series
Sep 7, 2012 – SBB-Telemach Group has selected the Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) Videoscape™-capable Personal DVB Set-Tops (PDS) Series and Cisco® Integration Services to deliver next-generation television services.
News categories: Cisco Systems, SBB, Telemach, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, OTT, Serbia, Set Top Box
Broadcasters From Bosnia and Herzegovina Join Forces to Launch TEAM:SAT
Jun 27, 2012 – Eutelsat (Euronext Paris: ETL) has announced that leading broadcasters from Bosnia and Herzegovina are strengthening their collaboration with the launch of a new platform called TEAM:SAT on the EUTELSAT 16A satellite.
News categories: Eutelsat, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Digital TV, Satellite
- HTTV and TeVolution combine DTT/OTT efforts for Africa
- Bell Media to launch on-demand subscription TV in Canada
- TiVo now available from Cogeco Cable Canada
- Roku powers Sky Online TV Box in Germany
- Sky Deutschland announces Sky Online OTT service
- VUDU entertainment service launches on TiVo
- Ittiam enables HEVC support in Android Lollipop
- Charter video subscribers down 9,000 in 3Q 2014
- STMicroelectronics reports third quarter 2014 results
- Asia Pacific to lead multiscreen boom
- 14% of U.S. broadband homes now without traditional pay TV
- ARM announces single-core video codec IP for HEVC
- Silicon Labs launches 6th generation silicon tuners
- Beltelecom expands DTT coverage in Belarus
- Amazon introduces its Fire TV Stick
- Philippines digital TV to begin in 2019
- Sky TV New Zealand to launch NEON SVOD service in December
- Tivi OTT service begins test operations in Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Global pay TV market to generate $269 billion in 2014
- U.S. broadband households watch 17.4 hours of non-linear video per week