Bosnia and Herzegovina Digital TV News
m:tel selects Keepixo OTT encoders
Jan 11, 2016 – Keepixo has announced that m:tel in Bosnia and Herzegovina has selected Keepixo transcoders and mosaic generators for its OTT multiscreen service. The transcoders are used to deliver channels using Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) to a variety of devices.
News categories: Keepixo, m:tel, Jerome Blanc, Aleksandar Veselinovic, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Multiscreen, OTT
Total TV preparing migration to MPEG4 and DVB-S2
Feb 9, 2015 – United Group and Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) have announced the long-term extension of agreements for capacity on the EUTELSAT 16A satellite that supports United's Total TV pay-TV platform.
News categories: Eutelsat, United Group, Apostolos Triantafyllou, Victoriya Boklag, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Macedonia, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Slovenia
Tivi OTT service begins test operations in Bosnia & Herzegovina
Oct 23, 2014 – Bosnia and Herzegovina's first OTT television platform has officially started test operations. The service, called Tivi, can be viewed free of charge on Android and Apple iOS devices such as smartphones and tablets as well as via Smart TVs.
News categories: Tivi, Apps, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Digital TV, OTT
Pickbox.tv S-VOD launched in former Yugoslavia
Jul 16, 2014 – Pickbox.tv has said that on May 7th it launched a subscription video-on-demand service for the countries of the former Yugoslavia. The service is currently available online and on iOS tablets and smartphones.
News categories: Pickbox, Martina Vuletin, Apps, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, OTT, Serbia, Slovenia, Smartphone, Tablet
Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
Dec 4, 2013 – Bosnia's m:tel has announced that it plans to upgrade its digital television service in 2014, with high definition programming, and support for viewing on connected devices.
News categories: m:tel, Motorola, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Digital TV, IPTV, Multiscreen
Telekom Slovenije adds 10,300 pay TV connections in 3Q 2013
Nov 28, 2013 – Telekom Slovenije has published its Business Report for the period January – September 2013. Over the first nine months of this year the number of TV connections was up 12% to reach 313,965.
News categories: Telekom Slovenije, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, IPTV, Kosovo, Macedonia, Multiscreen, Results, Slovenia, Subscribers, Terrestrial
22 of 27 EU countries implement analogue TV switch-off by end-2012
Mar 11, 2013 – The Yearbook recently published by the European Audiovisual Observatory showed that the year 2012 was a significant watershed for digital terrestrial television in the European Union with a total of 22 EU member States having hit the recommended digital switchover deadline.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Digital TV, EU, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Market Research, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Terrestrial, Turkey
Zappware delivers multi-device end-to-end OTT solution to SBB and Telemach
Jan 24, 2013 – Zappware has announced that it has delivered a complete end-to-end OTT platform to Serbian cable operator SBB, and to Telemach, the leading cable operator in Slovenia and Bosnia & Herzegovina. The platform supports linear and non-linear TV on a broad range of mobile and fixed devices.
News categories: Zappware, SBB, Telemach, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, Serbia, TV Everywhere
Beenius Signs Contract For OTT Deployment With BH Telecom
Nov 7, 2012 – Beenius has announced an agreement with BH Telecom. Beenius will supply BH Telecom with an Over-The-Top TV delivery platform and an extension of the existing IPTV&VoIP system, representing one of the first of such deployments in CEE.
News categories: Beenius, BH Telecom, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet
- Bang & Olufsen launches BeoLink SmartHome
- STB shipments to SAARC region grew 52% in 2015
- Accenture powers SKY On Demand in the Philippines
- Charter adds 29,000 residential video customers in 4Q 2015
- Freesat now available in 1.93 million homes
- Swisscom TV adds 166,000 subscribers in 2015
- Vodafone adds 200,000 TV customers in 4Q 2015
- Technicolor withdraws from the HEVC Advance patent pool
- Kazakhstan's Alma TV to launch IPTV in the first half of 2016
- Comcast video subscribers up 89,000 in 4Q 2015
- Dish TV India adds 317,000 net subscribers in 4Q 2015
- Dialog Semi offers power management ICs for STBs and Smart TVs
- DEN Networks adds 1.7 million digital cable subscribers in 2015
- Yahoo! to kill Smart TV product
- 802.11ac to represent nearly 65% of access point shipments in 2016
- EU proposes to move 700MHz UHF band to mobile services
- MStar SoCs to include Conax cardless security
- Samsung UK Smart TV hub attracting 2.5 million weekly visitors
- >50% Smart TV penetration in major TV markets by 2019
- GS Group releases first Russian 4K Ultra HD set-top box