Bosnia and Herzegovina Digital TV News
Total TV preparing migration to MPEG4 and DVB-S2
Feb 9, 2015 – United Group and Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) have announced the long-term extension of agreements for capacity on the EUTELSAT 16A satellite that supports United's Total TV pay-TV platform.
News categories: Eutelsat, United Group, Apostolos Triantafyllou, Victoriya Boklag, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Macedonia, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Slovenia
Tivi OTT service begins test operations in Bosnia & Herzegovina
Oct 23, 2014 – Bosnia and Herzegovina's first OTT television platform has officially started test operations. The service, called Tivi, can be viewed free of charge on Android and Apple iOS devices such as smartphones and tablets as well as via Smart TVs.
News categories: Tivi, Apps, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Digital TV, OTT
Pickbox.tv S-VOD launched in former Yugoslavia
Jul 16, 2014 – Pickbox.tv has said that on May 7th it launched a subscription video-on-demand service for the countries of the former Yugoslavia. The service is currently available online and on iOS tablets and smartphones.
News categories: Pickbox, Martina Vuletin, Apps, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, OTT, Serbia, Slovenia, Smartphone, Tablet
Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
Dec 4, 2013 – Bosnia's m:tel has announced that it plans to upgrade its digital television service in 2014, with high definition programming, and support for viewing on connected devices.
News categories: m:tel, Motorola, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Digital TV, IPTV, Multiscreen
Telekom Slovenije adds 10,300 pay TV connections in 3Q 2013
Nov 28, 2013 – Telekom Slovenije has published its Business Report for the period January – September 2013. Over the first nine months of this year the number of TV connections was up 12% to reach 313,965.
News categories: Telekom Slovenije, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, IPTV, Kosovo, Macedonia, Multiscreen, Results, Slovenia, Subscribers, Terrestrial
22 of 27 EU countries implement analogue TV switch-off by end-2012
Mar 11, 2013 – The Yearbook recently published by the European Audiovisual Observatory showed that the year 2012 was a significant watershed for digital terrestrial television in the European Union with a total of 22 EU member States having hit the recommended digital switchover deadline.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Digital TV, EU, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Market Research, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Terrestrial, Turkey
Zappware delivers multi-device end-to-end OTT solution to SBB and Telemach
Jan 24, 2013 – Zappware has announced that it has delivered a complete end-to-end OTT platform to Serbian cable operator SBB, and to Telemach, the leading cable operator in Slovenia and Bosnia & Herzegovina. The platform supports linear and non-linear TV on a broad range of mobile and fixed devices.
News categories: Zappware, SBB, Telemach, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, Serbia, TV Everywhere
Beenius Signs Contract For OTT Deployment With BH Telecom
Nov 7, 2012 – Beenius has announced an agreement with BH Telecom. Beenius will supply BH Telecom with an Over-The-Top TV delivery platform and an extension of the existing IPTV&VoIP system, representing one of the first of such deployments in CEE.
News categories: Beenius, BH Telecom, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet
SBB-Telemach Group Selects Cisco Personal DVB Set-Top Box Series
Sep 7, 2012 – SBB-Telemach Group has selected the Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) Videoscape™-capable Personal DVB Set-Tops (PDS) Series and Cisco® Integration Services to deliver next-generation television services.
News categories: Cisco Systems, SBB, Telemach, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, OTT, Serbia, Set Top Box
- PEMRA shortlists 8 companies in DTH licence tender
- 221 million connected TV devices to ship this year
- EMEA UHF spectrum to remain with DTT until at least 2023
- SkyVision launches satellite TV platforms for Africa
- 4K TVs to reach 23% market penetration in 2016
- PS4 sales surpass 30.2 million units worldwide
- Mariner xVu now monitoring over 30 million devices
- Venezuela's Pay TV subscribers up 146,000 in 2Q 2015
- Kyivstar launches IPTV across its FTTB network in Ukraine
- O2 Czech Republic introduces OTT set-top box
- 57% of Western European households own at least one connected CE device
- Active DTH subscribers in India fell 1.41 million in 2Q 2015
- V-Nova powers Real Madrid vs. Barcelona UltraHD broadcast
- FLIX.TV acquires satellite broadcasting licence in the Czech Republic
- Next Step to offer DTH TV platform in Thailand with Intelsat
- CAN Tech and Stream TV partner to provide Glasses-Free 3D content
- Tricolor TV begins broadcasting of Ultra HD package
- DVB approves UHD-1 Phase 2 Commercial Requirements
- Celeno Wi-Fi chips to power Altech gateways and STBs
- Sky unveils Sky Q home entertainment system