Middleware and Operating System (OS) News
Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
Jan 20, 2020 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Realtek Semiconductor (Taiwan: 2379.TW) and Shenzhen Jiuzhou Electric have joined the NAGRA Android TV Fast Track program. This latest partnership will help enable Android TV based services for cable operators.
News categories: NAGRA, Realtek, Jiuzhou Electric, Maurice van Riek, Yee-Wei Huang, Richard Han, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
Jan 14, 2020 – According to Acumen Research and Consulting, the global Android TV market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 20% over the forecast period 2019 to 2026 and expected to reach the market value of over US$ 231 billion by 2026.
News categories: Acumen Research and Consulting, Android TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
Jan 14, 2020 – Cerence (NASDAQ: CRNC) has announced the signing of an MOU with LG Electronics to develop a software solution that integrates LG’s webOS Auto In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) system with the Cerence AI Reference Kit (ARK).
News categories: Cerence, LG Electronics, Sanjay Dhawan, Dr. I.P. Park, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Worldwide
Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
Jan 14, 2020 – Tech4home has launched the first BLE voice remote control for RDK and Metrological enabled set-top boxes. The remote allows voice commands to be used to change channel, launch an app from the Metrological App store, and more.
News categories: Tech4home, Miguel Oliveira, Steve Heeb, Jeroen Ghijsen, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UX, Worldwide
LG and Luxoft establish webOS Auto joint venture
Jan 10, 2020 – LG Electronics and Luxoft have agreed to jointly develop the webOS Auto platform. The pair will advance the deployment of digital cockpit, in-vehicle infotainment, rear-seat entertainment (RSE) and ride-hailing systems based on the platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, Luxoft, Dr. I.P. Park, Dmitry Loschinin, CES2020, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, USA, Worldwide
LG introduces ATSC 3.0-enabled OLED TVs in USA
Jan 8, 2020 – LG, co-developer of the ATSC 3.0 next-generation television standard, is ushering in the era of NEXTGEN TV with the introduction of six advanced new LG OLED TV models equipped to receive new services with enhanced content, pictures and sound.
News categories: LG Electronics, Tim Alessi, Gordon Smith, Anne Schelle, Madeleine Noland, ATSC, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
Technicolor shows Wi-Fi 6 STBs running Android TV and RDK at CES
Jan 7, 2020 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced live demonstrations of its JADE set-top-box (STB) - one running Android TV and the other with Reference Design Kit (RDK) middleware - during the CES conference in Las Vegas.
News categories: Technicolor, Christian Lefebvre, Android TV, CES2020, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Vewd and Bitrouter offer integrated ATSC 3.0 software solution
Jan 7, 2020 – Vewd has partnered with BitRouter to pre-integrate BitRouter's ATSC 3.0 and ATSC 1.0 receiver software package with its Vewd OS and Vewd Core. The joint offering accelerates the launch of hybrid TV devices supporting NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: BitRouter, Vewd, Gopal Miglani, Aneesh Rajaram, ATSC, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
TV industry launching 20 ATSC 3.0-enabled TV models at CES
Jan 7, 2020 – The first U.S. consumer television receivers equipped with NEXTGEN TV capabilities are coming to retail stores later this year, with the announcements at CES 2020 of the biggest names in the industry launching 20 ATSC 3.0-enabled TV models.
News categories: ATSC, Madeleine Noland, ATSC, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV