Middleware and Operating System (OS) News
Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
Dec 5, 2019 – Fincons Group has joined Deutsche TV-Plattform, the German non-profit association whose purpose, since its foundation in 1990, is to introduce, disseminate and further develop digital Television in Germany.
News categories: Fincons Group, Deutsche TV-Plattform, Michele Moretti, Andre Prahl, Germany, HbbTV
WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware
Nov 27, 2019 – WIND Hellas announced the launch of its cloud-based recording service. The Android TV solution is built and operated by Zappware as a turnkey service and has been rolled out to all WIND VISION users.
News categories: Zappware, WIND Hellas, Patrick Vos, Hermann Riedl, Android TV, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, UX
Hisense Roku TV models now available in UK
Nov 22, 2019 – Hisense and Roku have announced that Hisense Roku TV models will be available in the UK. Recently announced at IFA 2019, these smart TVs are powered by the Roku OS, offering consumers a premium TV experience at an affordable price.
News categories: Roku, Hisense, Bart Bomers, Arun Bhatoye, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UK
Minerva to power Dhiraagu's TV services in the Maldives
Nov 21, 2019 – Minerva Networks has announced that Dhiraagu will use the Minerva 10 platform to power its TV services in the Maldives. The Minerva platform brings improvements to the UX, adds new services and enables viewing on mobile and streaming media devices.
News categories: Minerva Networks, Dhiraagu, Marco Bonomi, Mahmoud Dasser, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, The Maldives, UX
ADB builds satellite STB platform with MediaTek
Nov 21, 2019 – ADB has selected MediaTek as the chipset provider for its latest 4K satellite STB platform. ADB is currently deploying its products for major Pay-TV operators in Europe and Australia. The platform runs on ADB's own software.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, MediaTek, Krzysztof Biliński, Winson Hsu, Australia, Digital TV, Europe, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Ocean Blue Software releases CI Plus 2.0 Host software stack
Nov 20, 2019 – Ocean Blue Software (OBS) has prepared an update to its CI Plus Host software stack for TVs and Set Top Boxes. The latest release includes support for version 2.0 of the specification which targets new USB form factor Conditional Access Modules (CAMs).
News categories: Ocean Blue Software, Paul Martin, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Mirada interim results for the six months to 30 September 2019
Nov 18, 2019 – Mirada (AIM: MIRA) has announced results for the six months to 30 September 2019. izzi Telecom further increased its adoption of Mirada's technology during the period, with a high increase in both the installation rate of STBs and number of households using Mirada products.
News categories: Mirada, Digital TV, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
Nov 14, 2019 – INNOPIA has announced a Netflix integrated, Android TV Hybrid STB platform based on Amlogic silicon and Verimatrix security. The platform meets the security requirements specified by the MovieLabs’ Specifications for Enhanced Content Protection.
News categories: Verimatrix, Amlogic, INNOPIA, Steve Oetegenn, James Xie, HeeWon Park, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
Nov 13, 2019 – Fincons Group has announced that it will be showcasing its Smart Digital Platform at this year’s HbbTV Symposium and Awards in Athens. The solution is the first to be entirely compatible with both European HbbTV and U.S. ATSC 3.0 standards.
News categories: Fincons Group, Francesco Moretti, Oliver Botti, ATSC, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware