Broadband (xDSL, DOCSIS, WiMax, FTTH, …) News
Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
Nov 30, 2020 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) projects that four out of every ten mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G. Current 5G uptake confirms the technology as deploying the fastest of any generation of mobile connectivity.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Gaming, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
SCTE•ISBE voting to combine forces with CableLabs
Nov 9, 2020 – Members of the SCTE•ISBE will be voting to combine forces with CableLabs, streamlining the cable industry’s technology-based associations by uniting its two largest engineering organizations into one.
News categories: CableLabs, SCTE•ISBE, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
Oct 15, 2020 – Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) has acquired two TV stations in Washington, DC. In addition to traditional broadcast programming, the company plans to demonstrate datacasting using ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Chris Ripley, ATSC 3, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Spectrum Evolution and VSatcast virtualize NextGen TV Broadcast Internet
Oct 9, 2020 – Spectrum Evolution and VSatcast have implemented a Network Function Virtualization (NFV), cloud-hosted, Broadcast Internet service - a step towards the deployment of the broadcast component of a 5G network.
News categories: ENENSYS, Broadpeak, Alticast, BitRouter, Richard Lhermitte, Jacques Le Mancq, Jae Park, Gopal Miglani, ATSC 3, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
Sep 15, 2020 – Catalonia's TV3 is to trial a 5G immersive sport experience at the MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship (WorldSBK), due to take place at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya from the 18th to 20th of September.
News categories: TV3, Guttmann Institute, IRI-UPC, Kataclack, Vodafone, 5G, Digital TV, Spain, VR
StarHub TV+ service and set-top box launched
Sep 10, 2020 – StarHub has announced StarHub TV+ is an all-in-one offering giving customers streaming services, apps and TV programmes through a single platform. The service is supported by a new StarHub TV+ Box bsaed on Android TV.
News categories: StarHub, Johan Buse, Android TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Set Top Box, Singapore, TV Everywhere
Skyboxe receives FCC certification for 4G TV gateway
Sep 1, 2020 – Skyboxe has announced that its Skyboxe Hub 4G has received an equipment authorization from the FCC. The Skyboxe Hub 4G combines hardware and data connectivity with entertainment and productivity software.
News categories: Skyboxe, Jeff Allen, 5G, Digital TV, Gateway, Set Top Box, USA
StarHub offers Antstream Arcade retro game streaming
Aug 26, 2020 – Antstream Arcade has partnered with StarHub to enable customers to experience gaming with zero lag on StarHub's 5G service. StarHub’s Mobile+ customers can now stream retro video games on almost any device of their choosing.
News categories: StarHub, Antstream, Donovan Kik, Steve Cottam, 5G, Gaming, OTT, Singapore
Spacecom and NOVELSAT demonstrate video delivery over AMOS-17 satellite
Aug 19, 2020 – Spacecom (TASE: SCC) and NOVELSAT have demonstrated end-to-end delivery of video over AMOS-17, from network core to network edge, serving user devices over a wireless network and showcasing a high-quality user experience.
News categories: Spacecom, NOVELSAT, Eran Shapiro, Aviv Ronai, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
- Comscore and MediaMath offer programmatic contextual ad targeting
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Nordic streaming market approaching 14 million subscriptions
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Deltatre AXIS to power BritBox for a further five years
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- Inverto first with EICS TV distribution equipment certification
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR