Multiscreen TV News
Nokia and AT&T conduct 5G streaming tests with DIRECTV NOW
Feb 22, 2017 – Nokia and AT&T are collaborating to further advance 5G technology in the 39 GHz band by recently completing fixed wireless 5G tests with AT&T's Internet TV streaming service, DIRECTV NOW.
News categories: Nokia, AT&T, Ricky Corker, Tom Keathley, 5G, Digital TV, Infrastructure, MWC17, OTT, USA
MobiTV announces $21M in additional funding
Feb 21, 2017 – MobiTV has announced that it has closed $21M in funding from Oak Investment Partners and Ally Corporate Finance. The funding will accelerate expansion of the MobiTV Connect Platform to enable IP delivery for Pay TV providers.
News categories: MobiTV, Oak Investment Partners, Ally Corporate Finance, Charlie Nooney, Bill Routt, Cable TV, Digital TV, Infrastructure, TV Everywhere, USA, Venture Capital
WIND Hellas chooses ZAPPWARE cloud-based TV
Feb 20, 2017 – WIND Hellas has announced that it will cooperate with Zappware to offer high end TV services to its customers. Thanks to Zappware’s turnkey technology solution WIND Hellas will launch a new multiscreen video service by the end of the year.
News categories: Zappware, WIND Hellas, Patrick Vos, Hermann Riedl, Apps, Digital TV, Greece, Infrastructure, Multiscreen
ZTE boosts Big Video convergence at Hebei Mobile
Feb 20, 2017 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has announced that it was chosen to be the exclusive construction provider of the China Mobile Group Hebei Branch (Hebei Mobile) integrated content delivery network (iCDN) and home service smart operation platform.
News categories: ZTE, China Mobile, China, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, Smart Home
BARB awards Dovetail Fusion contract to Kantar Media
Feb 17, 2017 – BARB has announced that the Dovetail Fusion contract has been awarded to Kantar Media. Dovetail Fusion allows customers to evaluate the total reach of programmes and advertising campaigns across TV sets, personal computers and tablets.
News categories: Kantar Media, BARB, Margo Swadley, Justin Sampson, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, Multiscreen, UK
Mariner xVu now monitoring over 3 billion events per week
Feb 16, 2017 – Mariner xVu™ has announced significant growth in tier-1 operators. The xVu software platform is now successfully monitoring over 3 billion events per week, with over 40 million devices under management.
News categories: Mariner xVu, Shaun MacDonald, Big Data, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, Test, Worldwide
Comcast to launch 'Xfinity Stream' TV app for in and out of the home
Feb 14, 2017 – Comcast has announced plans to launch 'Xfinity Stream,' an app that will allow users to watch their entire TV line-up on phones, tablets and laptops in the home, and when they’re on-the-go, to tune-in to more than 200 live channels, access and program their DVR and watch 40,000 on demand titles.
News categories: Comcast, Matt Strauss, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Multiscreen, TV Everywhere, USA
3GPP Release 14 to incorporate broadcaster requirements
Feb 14, 2017 – The upcoming 3GPP Release 14 will include a set of new features that will help to ensure that new mobile technologies – 4G as well as 5G – will be capable of meeting the future requirements of EBU Members.
News categories: 3GPP, European Broadcasting Union, Erik Guttmann, Digital TV, Infrastructure, MBMS, Mobile, Worldwide
Vodacom adds lower-priced ShowMax option for mobile customers
Feb 9, 2017 – ShowMax has launched a lower-priced service available exclusively to Vodacom customers on an add-to-bill basis. For R49 per month, subscribers get unlimited access to a comprehensive catalogue of TV shows, movies, kids shows, and documentaries.
News categories: ShowMax, Vodacom, Chris Savides, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, South Africa
- NEOTION and Verimatrix collaborate to secure the smart home
- VimpelCom becomes VEON and launches OTT platform
- Frontier to test 4K Ultra HD content on SES platform
- NEOTION shows smart home solution with Climax sensors at MWC17
- Cognitive intelligence platform enables Telefónica customers to manage their own data
- Netgem shows smart home at MWC17; Invests in Voxtok
- UK consults on illicit IPTV streaming device regulation
- Gracenote unveils entertainment data products for video, music and sports
- Clear potential for VR headsets after a slow start
- OTT content is driving demand for streaming media devices and smart TVs
- New Zealand Commerce Commission blocks Vodafone/Sky merger
- Eurofins Digital Testing signs strategic agreement with Nokia
- Nokia and AT&T conduct 5G streaming tests with DIRECTV NOW
- KAONMEDIA STB with AI home assistant deployed by Korea Telecom
- DISH Network adds 28,000 pay TV subscribers in 4Q 2016
- Tata Elxsi and Portugal's NOS partner to accelerate RDK deployment
- MobiTV announces $21M in additional funding
- Tru Optik and LiveRamp make first-party data actionable across connected TVs
- Viaplay selects Unified Streaming to optimize Scandinavian viewer experience
- Google dominates VR headset shipments