Multiscreen TV News
Fincons selected by Sky Deutschland as preferred supplier for OTT
Jan 15, 2018 – As part of Sky’s ‘Better Sky’ programme, set up in 2016 to identify strategies and reliable partners to invest and take part in its growth strategy, Fincons Group has been named by Sky Deutschland as Preferred Supplier in their OTT Cluster.
News categories: Fincons Group, Sky Deutschland, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Multiscreen, OTT
Marlin DRM announces Enhanced Content Protection for UHD content
Jan 15, 2018 – Marlin DRM has announced a compliance and robustness (C&R) framework for enhanced content protection (ECP) for ultra-high-definition (UHD) content. This solution conforms with requirements set by the content industry.
News categories: Marlin DRM, Hide Hosokawa, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Multiscreen, Worldwide
Partner Communications monitors OTT video quality with Interra Systems
Jan 12, 2018 – Interra Systems has announced that Partner Communications is using Interra's ORION-OTT monitoring solution to check live and VOD content integrity and related network performance of ABR content for its multiscreen OTT service, Partner TV.
News categories: Interra Systems, Partner Communications, Kanishka Tongya, Raz Bartov, Israel, Multiscreen, OTT, QoE
Tru Optik launches OptOut.TV to give consumers OTT privacy controls
Jan 11, 2018 – Tru Optik has announced the launch of OptOut.TV, a solution for consumers to opt out of audience-based targeting across the entire OTT ecosystem. OptOut.TV’s mission is to bring a higher level of privacy control to OTT.
News categories: Tru Optik, Videology, Alliant Cooperative, Andre Swanston, Aleck Schleider, Donna Hamilton, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Multiscreen, OTT, USA, Worldwide
DELTA selects Amino for multiscreen entertainment service rollout
Jan 10, 2018 – DELTA is deploying Amino’s MOVE TV delivery platform to provide a full end-to-end solution to deliver multiscreen entertainment services. Amino has worked closely with DELTA to transition its existing cable TV subscriber base to an all IP-based service model.
News categories: Amino, DELTA, Donald McGarva, Karl Heinz van der Made, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Multiscreen, Netherlands
FreeCast shows aggregation UI and broadcast platform at CES2018
Jan 9, 2018 – At CES, FreeCast is bringing a renewed focus on the user interface. The company's SmartGuide delivers to consumers all of the world's entertainment content, on all of their devices, all on one account.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, CES2018, Digital TV, Multiscreen, USA, UX
74% of people in the US use their connected TV device daily
Jan 8, 2018 – YuMe (NYSE: YUME) has released the results of a new study commissioned with Nielsen on U.S. consumers’ connected device ownership and use and the implications for advertisers. The research charts the category’s growth as well as consumer behavioral shifts.
News categories: YuMe, Nielsen, Michael Hudes, Digital TV, Market Research, Multiscreen, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
1&1 launches multiscreen IPTV in Germany with ABOX42
Jan 8, 2018 – ABOX42 has announced that 1&1, a tier 1 internet and telephone service provider in Germany, has launched a multiscreen IPTV service powered by ABOX42’s M30-Series smart STB platform.
News categories: ABOX42, 1&1, Matthias Greve, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Multiscreen, Set Top Box
Pearl TV And Sony develop application environment for ATSC 3.0
Jan 5, 2018 – Pearl TV has announced a project with Sony to develop an on-screen TV program guide that will be responsive to consumer commands. The new channel navigation tool is part of the interactive content environment for ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Pearl TV, Mike Fasulo, Paul Hearty, Anne Schelle, Advertising, ATSC, CES2018, Digital TV, Multiscreen, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, USA, UX
- Correction in LCD TV panel demand expected in 1Q 2018
- fuboTV taps SpotX For monetization of OTT content
- Online video in MENA to grow more than 22% annually until 2021
- Growth in HD FTA channels at Eutelsat's 7/8°W neighbourhood
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to grow 7.5% in 2018
- Fincons selected by Sky Deutschland as preferred supplier for OTT
- Marlin DRM announces Enhanced Content Protection for UHD content
- Pay TV competition biting in the MENA region
- Dentsu Aegis forecasts improved ad spend outlook for 2018
- Inview and Montage LZ offer joint STB middleware and chipset solution
- Partner Communications monitors OTT video quality with Interra Systems
- 8K display production to begin ramp-up in 2018
- SK Telecom, ONE Media, and Sinclair to develop ATSC 3.0 platform
- Stoneroos delivers set-top box UI for DELTA’s IPTV service
- Tru Optik launches OptOut.TV to give consumers OTT privacy controls
- 60 million pay TV subscribers added globally between Q316 and Q317
- Sinclair Broadcast and Imagine Communications collaborate on ATSC3.0 monetization
- Comcast expands home automation across its entire Xfinity portfolio
- LG 4K UHD TVs in Korea include ATSC 3.0 tuners
- DISH to work with the Google Assistant