Multiscreen TV News
Mongol TV goes live with Brightcove OTT Flow
Mar 19, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that Mongol TV has launched ORI TV, an OTT streaming service utilising Brightcove OTT Flow, powered by Accedo. ORI TV is the only Mongolian language OTT service delivering on-demand and live TV content to viewers worldwide.
News categories: Brightcove, Mongol TV, Accedo, Ben Morrell, Bat-Erdene Gankhuyag, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mongolia, Multiscreen, OTT, UX, Worldwide
ATEME and CANAL+ extend partnership to include UHD premium services
Mar 15, 2018 – ATEME and CANAL+ have extended their partnership to include UHD premium services. Leveraging ATEME’s continuous research and innovation in picture quality, CANAL+ workflow can now process both SD, HD and UHD content.
News categories: ATEME, CANAL+, Michel Artières, Philippe Rivas, Content Distribution, France, Satellite, TV Everywhere
DELTA selects Irdeto to protect new IPTV set-top box
Mar 8, 2018 – Irdeto has announced that it will provide security solutions and services to DELTA as it rolls out an all-IP service in The Netherlands. Irdeto partnered with Amino who are providing DELTA with a full end-to-end solution.
News categories: Irdeto, Amino, DELTA, Bengt Jonsson, Donald McGarva, Karl Heinz van der Made, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Multiscreen, Netherlands, Set Top Box
HistoryHit.TV uses Simplestream VOD-in-a-Box for history SVOD service
Mar 6, 2018 – Simplestream has announced that its VOD-in-a-Box platform has been selected by Hit Networks to build on-demand streaming service HistoryHit.TV. HistoryHit.TV is a global SVOD channel that provides programming for history buffs.
News categories: Simplestream, History Hit, Dan Finch, Tom Clifford, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Multiscreen, OTT, Worldwide
fuboTV to use Auth0 for authentication and social login
Mar 5, 2018 – Auth0 has announced that its identity management platform has been chosen by fuboTV. The streaming TV company’s subscriber base will use Auth0 for authentication and social login across a variety of platforms.
News categories: Auth0, fuboTV, Eugenio Pace, Sung Ho Choi, Content Protection, Digital TV, Multiscreen, OTT, Social TV, USA
Australian Video Viewing Report released
Mar 5, 2018 – The latest Australian Video Viewing Report, spanning the year through Q4 2017, builds on the continuing story of how Australians are embracing opportunities to watch video on an ever-increasing array of options.
News categories: Regional TAM, OzTAM, Nielsen, Dave Walker, Doug Peiffer, Craig Johnson, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Multiscreen
Mobile operators in LatAm set to become OTT Pay-TV actors
Feb 28, 2018 – According to Dataxis, 34 Latin American mobile operators have already deployed OTT as added value to their clients. Moreover, some of the operators are keen to add third party platforms to empower their offer like América Móvil and Telefónica.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mobile, OTT
ZEE5 partners with Tata Elxsi for app development
Feb 26, 2018 – ZEE5 has partnered with Tata Elxsi for its front-end applications. Tata Elxsi has driven the integration of ZEE5 with the video backend, multi-lingual front-end user experience and multi-CDN networks.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, ZEE5, K P Sreekumar, Amit Goenka, Apps, Digital TV, India, Multiscreen, OTT
Worldwide smartphones sales fell for the first time in Q4 2017
Feb 22, 2018 – Global sales of smartphones to end users totaled nearly 408 million units in the fourth quarter of 2017, a 5.6 percent decline over the fourth quarter of 2016, according to Gartner.
News categories: Gartner, Anshul Gupta, Market Research, Smartphone, Worldwide
- ENENSYS technology deployed in live ATSC 3.0 showcase
- Eastern Europe digital pay TV subscribers to grow 27% between 2017 and 2023
- Mongol TV goes live with Brightcove OTT Flow
- Tencent Video subscriptions reach 62.59 million at end-February 2018
- Baidu and Skyworth to jointly build AI ecosystem for Smart Homes
- Turner consolidates international digital advertising activity
- One in five U.S. broadband households use a digital antenna to access live TV
- Akamai enables Dynamic Ad Insertion in live cricket on SonyLIV
- U.S. set-top box energy efficiency voluntary agreement extended
- SpotX matches media buyers to Pluto TV’s OTT TV service
- ATEME and CANAL+ extend partnership to include UHD premium services
- Traditional U.S. pay TV subscriptions down 3.7% in 2017
- TV ‘cord-cutting’ in Canada slows in 2017
- Live TV viewing has continued to decline among U.S. broadband households
- Marketing Evolution adds Smart TV data from Inscape
- HEVC Advance eliminates content distribution royalty fees
- NAGRA’s NexGuard watermarking passes ChinaDRM certification
- Citizens Fiber upgrades UX with MobiTV Connect
- VOD and SVOD services take root in France
- Vestel and Vewd add newest HbbTV standard to smart TV partnership