HBO Max to be available on Apple devices at launch
Apr 27, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that HBO Max will be available on Apple devices when it debuts on May 27, 2020. At launch, customers will be able to access HBO Max on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD.
News categories: WarnerMedia, Apple, Rich Warren, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Disney+ rolls out in Europe
Mar 24, 2020 – Disney+ has launched in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Austria, and Switzerland. The service will launch in France on April 7th. Audiences can stream Disney+ on nearly all major mobile and connected TV devices.
News categories: Disney+, Kevin Mayer, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Gaming, Germany, Ireland, Italy, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Spain, Switzerland, Tablet, UK
5G smartphone shipments to overtake 4G in 2023
Jul 1, 2019 – According to Canalys, 5G-enabled handsets will reach nearly 800 million units in 2023, accounting for 51.4% of all smartphone shipments, passing 4G smartphones five years after commercial launch. The CAGR between 2019 and 2023 will be 179.9%.
News categories: Canalys, Nicole Peng, Mo Jia, 5G, Market Research, MWC20, Smartphone, Worldwide
Updated Apple TV app available in over 100 countries
May 13, 2019 – Apple has released an updated Apple TV app. The app is available in over 100 countries across iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and select Samsung smart TVs. Customers can now subscribe to Apple TV channels and watch on demand directly within the app.
News categories: Apple, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA, Worldwide
Netflix partners with OnePlus India
May 10, 2019 – Netflix has partnered with smartphone brand OnePlus to deliver the Netflix viewing experience on the OnePlus 7 Pro. The HDR-supporting display of the OnePlus 7 Pro will set new standards in mobile viewing, giving Netflix fans an immersive experience.
News categories: Netflix, OnePlus, Jerome Bigio, Vikas Agarwal, Digital TV, India, OTT, Smartphone
Global 5G smartphone shipments to reach 5 million units in 2019
Apr 17, 2019 – According to Strategy Analytics, global smartphone shipments will reach a modest 5 million units in 2019. Early 5G smartphone models will be expensive and available in limited volumes. Samsung, LG and Huawei will be the early 5G smartphone leaders this year, followed by Apple next year.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Ken Hyers, Ville Petteri-Ukonaho, Neil Mawston, 5G, Market Research, Smartphone, Worldwide
5G market set to boom - but clarity is needed, IHS Markit says
Apr 11, 2019 – The stage is set for consumers finally to find out what the powerful next-generation mobile standard promises can bring: a technological advance that transforms virtually all aspects of human activity—how we experience life, conduct business, create goods, and build societies.
News categories: IHS Markit, Francis Sideco, 5G, Market Research, Smartphone, Worldwide
Apple debuts new Apple TV app and Apple TV channels
Mar 25, 2019 – Apple has announced Apple TV+, Apple’s original video subscription service. Additionally, Apple debuted the all-new Apple TV app and Apple TV channels coming in May 2019. The all-new Apple TV app brings together the different ways to discover and watch shows, movies, sports, news and more in one app.
News categories: Apple, Eddy Cue, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA, Worldwide
ZTE, Wind Tre and Open Fiber make 5G video call across the Mediterranean Sea
Feb 25, 2019 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has announced that it has completed a video call on a 5G smartphone in collaboration with Wind Tre and Open Fiber. Based on a 5G pilot network in L'Aquila, the video call was placed using ZTE's end-to-end 5G solution.
News categories: ZTE, Wind Tre, Open Fiber, 5G, Italy, MWC20, Smartphone, Spain
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic