Worldwide (not region-specific) Digital TV News
Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
Jul 2, 2020 – Vewd has launched Broadcast Plus, a solution that offers smart TV manufacturers an easy-to-deploy, certification-ready broadcaster user experience for both live TV and on-demand content.
News categories: Vewd, Sascha Prüter, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
Jul 1, 2020 – HEVC Advance has announced that the current royalty rates offered by its HEVC/H.265 Pool License will remain unchanged for its next five-year term, beginning January 1, 2021, through December 31, 2025.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Peter Moller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
Jul 1, 2020 – Alphonso has signed-up two more smart TV providers, Seiki and Skyworth, to embed Alphonso Video AI in their TVs. The company is also working with CBS and Cox Media to provide attribution to local advertisers in the U.S.
News categories: Alphonso, Seiki, Skyworth, Ashish Chordia, Advertising, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
Jul 1, 2020 – THEO Technologies and Synamedia have launched the HESP Alliance. The goal is to fast-track the roll-out of low latency streaming by building an ecosystem around the High Efficiency Streaming Protocol (HESP) protocol.
News categories: THEO Technologies, Synamedia, Samie Beheydt, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
Jun 30, 2020 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced API integration of NexGuard forensic watermarking into AWS Elemental MediaConvert, a file-based video transcoding service with broadcast-grade features from Amazon Web Services (AWS).
News categories: NAGRA, AWS Elemental, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
Jun 29, 2020 – Amagi has announced that it has enabled LA-based digital media network Brat TV to distribute its content to leading streaming TV platforms – including The Roku Channel, Samsung TV Plus, and VIZIO.
News categories: Amagi, Brat TV, Srinivasan KA, Rob Fishman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers
Jun 29, 2020 – Smartphone gross SVOD subscriptions will double between 2019 and 2025 to 170 million with the total climbing by 25 million in 2020 alone, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
Broadpeak video delivery added to 3SS entertainment ecosystem
Jun 25, 2020 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Broadpeak is bringing its video delivery software solutions, including its server-side controlled ABR streaming solution, to 3SS's 3READY Entertainment Ecosystem.
News categories: 3SS, Broadpeak, Pierre Donath, Jacques Le Mancq, Android TV, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Qwest TV partners with Amagi for connected TV distribution
Jun 24, 2020 – Amagi has announced that Qwest TV – the largest VOD catalogue dedicated to jazz, soul, funk, classical and world music - has partnered with Amagi to distribute and monetize its music content to CTV platforms.
News categories: Amagi, Qwest TV, Srinivasan KA, Réza Ackbaraly, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers