Worldwide (not region-specific) Digital TV News
VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
Nov 30, 2020 – Research from Juniper Research has found that consumer VR content will generate more than $7 billion in revenue in 2025, up over 160% compared with 2020. The primary driver in this space will be console gamers.
News categories: Juniper Research, James Moar, Gaming, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
Nov 30, 2020 – ZEE5 has announced that it has on-boarded XroadMedia’s back-end solution, Ncanto, to support multiple content discovery, recommendation and personalization use-cases for its VOD and social media users.
News categories: XroadMedia, ZEE5, Adolf Proidl, Rajneel Kumar, Big Data, Digital TV, India, OTT, Worldwide
Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
Nov 30, 2020 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) projects that four out of every ten mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G. Current 5G uptake confirms the technology as deploying the fastest of any generation of mobile connectivity.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Gaming, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
Nov 26, 2020 – ZEASN has announced a partnership with iQIYI International (NASDAQ: IQ). Through the partnership, the iQIYI app has been made available on tens of millions of ZEASN supported smart devices across the world.
News categories: ZEASN, iQIYI, Jason He, Apps, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
Nov 24, 2020 – Smart speaker users are switching increasingly to display-based devices, or Smart Displays, according to Strategy Analytics. The share of all smart speaker sales incorporating a display was 26% in Q3 2020, compared to 22% a year earlier.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
Nov 24, 2020 – NetRange has announced that it has launched its cloud-powered VISNOS (Virtual Smart TV NetRange OS) platform to slash CE device manufacturers’ Smart TV costs and enable existing low-powered TVs to receive Smart TV services.
News categories: NetRange, Tim Schröder, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
Nov 24, 2020 – Juniper Research expects there to be almost 13.5 billion smart home devices in use by 2025, compared to 7.4 billion this year. Smart entertainment devices will take the bulk of device revenue, at over $230 billion in 2025.
News categories: Juniper Research, James Moar, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
Nov 23, 2020 – Oregan Networks and Amlogic have announced a strategic partnership to deliver harmonized software integration and certification processes and enhanced Consumer Experience for pay TV operators.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Amlogic, Mark Perry, James Xie, Android TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
Nov 23, 2020 – Bitmovin has partnered with OKAST to deliver live and VoD streaming. Bitmovin’s video player and encoding solutions will enable OKAST’s customers to stream content across a wide range of devices and platforms.
News categories: Bitmovin, OKAST, Stefan Lederer, Cédric Monnier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system