Worldwide (not region-specific) Digital TV News
Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
Dec 5, 2019 – Samba TV has announced that it has expanded its integration with Moat by Oracle Data Cloud to measure viewability and invalid traffic across its CTV (Connected TV) impressions.
News categories: Samba TV, Oracle Moat, Marc Bourget, Mark Kopera, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
Dec 3, 2019 – Amazon Web Services (AWS) [NASDAQ: AMZN] has announced AWS Wavelength. Wavelength embeds AWS compute and storage services at the edge of telecommunications providers’ 5G networks, enabling developers to serve use-cases that require ultra-low latency.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, Matt Garman, 5G, Content Distribution, Worldwide
FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
Dec 3, 2019 – Amazon Web Services (AWS) [NASDAQ: AMZN] has announced that Fox (Nasdaq: FOXA, FOX) is to use AWS’s portfolio of services, infrastructure, and professional services organization to enable a new cloud-based media production and delivery platform.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, Fox Corp, Dr. Werner Vogels, Paul Cheesbrough, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
Nov 28, 2019 – Four-fifths (80%) of broadcasters are considering implementing ads tailored to the consumer but are increasingly falling behind streaming services due hesitance around adopting cloud technologies, according to research carried out on behalf of ATEME.
News categories: ATEME, Remi Beaudouin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
Nov 27, 2019 – Analysis from TrendForce shows that global TV shipments in 3Q19 reached 54.97 million units, a 16.8% growth QoQ and 1.9% decline YoY. Double 11 in China and year-end festivities in Europe and the Americas have required companies to stock up.
News categories: TrendForce, Iris Hu, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
Nov 27, 2019 – Worldwide spending on augmented reality and virtual reality (AR/VR) is forecast to be $18.8 billion in 2020, up 78.5% versus the $10.5 billion IDC expects will be spent in 2019. Continued strong growth is predicted for the 2019-2023 period.
News categories: IDC, Giulia Carosella, Marcus Torchia, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
Smart speaker market grows 55% year-on-year to 3Q 2019
Nov 26, 2019 – According to Strategy Analytics, Amazon shipped 10.5 million of its Echo smart speakers in Q3 2019 as the company stretched its lead over its closest rivals. The total market grew 55% year-on-year with 34.9 million units shipped.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, David Mercer, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
DVB Targeted Advertising spec published
Nov 26, 2019 – DVB BlueBook A178-1 "Dynamic substitution of content in linear broadcast: interfacing an advert decisioning service and optimal preparation" is now available for download. It was approved at the recent meeting of DVB's Steering Board.
News categories: DVB Project, Advertising, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Ericsson releases November 2019 Mobility Report
Nov 25, 2019 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) expects average monthly data-traffic-per-smartphone to increase from the current figure of 7.2 GB to 24 GB by the end of 2025, in part driven by new consumer behavior, such as Virtual Reality (VR) streaming.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Smart Home, VR, Worldwide
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware